Main Menu

Post your outside temp

Started by Alex_Reetz, July 26, 2010, 08:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

82f, cloudy.

WE HAD GOLFBALL-SIZED HAIL EARLIER. It was so scary, but nothing got broken. o_____o;;

Chocofreak13

75°?!

ITS FUCKING NICE
AND THUNDERING

It is now safe to leave your home.

that last part sure as hell ain't true; there was not only quarter-sized hail earlier, but there's a tornado warning for my area. the sky is yellow right now. o_o
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Damn that's scary stuff! o_o

That kind of thing happens multiple times throughout the spring and summer here. It can get stormy at the drop of a hat here, we just get used to it. -_-

If I could, I'd move somewhere less prone to storms.

Chocofreak13

it's scary because it's so damn RARE here. the last tornado i heard of in the area was a rumor of one like, 20 years ago. .___.;
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

That's what I thought, that the northeast wasn't all that tornado-prone.

The first and last time I saw a tornado was 5 years ago, and I have relatives in another state who had a tornado recently hit their town, and that was not the first for them.

Even though tornado warnings are relatively common here, they still terrify me.

Chocofreak13

i could imagine! that's one of the reasons i'm thankful i live here, since usually the worst thing we get is blizzards. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Considering where I live, it's impressive that the last reported tornado to hit my hometown was over 20 years ago; although there where reports of one hitting a remote, wooded area of town about 5 years ago, but it was never confirmed since it was in such an obscure location.

Now, the mentioning of yellow skies reminded me of riding out Hurricane Rita a few years back. The skies where green, the rain was heavy, there was lots of thunder...but I made it through just fine; the power did go out, but only for about 5 seconds.

Chocofreak13

heh. there was a blizzard when i was young that knocked the power out for over a week. me, my sister, and my mum ended up moving over to my grandparent's for a few days, and my dad stayed behind and ended up burying the groceries in the snow. xD
we have a generator now, so we don't stay in the dark for long. :3

74°?!

ITS FUCKING NICE

FUCKING SWEET
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The house I live on happens to be on the same grid as the nearby fire department; if power goes out because of weather, it's back up in less than an hour on average.

Anyway, it's currently 87F outside. It's not too bad out there right now

Chocofreak13

temp hasn't changed. it sure got dark, though; i posted that the sky was yellow earlier, and a few hours ago, it got pitch dark in about 5 minutes. .__.;

on the upside, that means the tornado danger has passed, and we're likely to just get a bad thunderstorm tonight. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

99f

yay, i had heat exhaustion today; just woke up.

Chocofreak13

sounds like it sucks. :\ frankly, with the usual temp in my room, i'm surprised i've never had heatstroke. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

70F and really humid. I wish it'd rain again soon...

As for the mentioning of heat exhaustion, I wound up getting dehydrated back in summer '09. That was not fun in the least bit...

Chocofreak13

67°?!

ITS FUCKING NICE

Quit your bitching

it's been beautiful all day, though quite breezy. been a little cloudy, too, so it might rain later.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

97F. Not quite as hot as they said it'd be, but still hotter than I'd like