CALLING ALL EAST-COASTERS (and Nejin and Red)

Started by Chocofreak13, July 26, 2010, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

really. what, do they think you're five? :\

i can't seem to grasp the idea of restrictive parenting......my mom trusts me so she's really loose with the discipline, and my dad just doesn't care.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Basically anything short of long distance travel, I'm good for as long as my mother knows what's going.  Or close enough to knows.  Thing is, I have no idea where she gets it.  My grandparents are unbelievably chill, so *shrug*  Only thing is, if I apply for and get this internship it really won't matter.  I'll be able to take the MARC to DC/Baltimore, stay with my grandparents, and it won't be a problem.

Thing is, everything's just in too much of a flux now for me to know whats going to be happening in July.

Bella

Quote from: "stewartsage"
Thing is, everything's just in too much of a flux now for me to know whats going to be happening in July.

THIS.

They're pretty trusting of me and consider me rather responsible (see: staying out of trouble for the most part and acting generally un-teenagerish) but travel is definitely a sore spot (years in New England have prolly made them a bit xenophobic to the outside world, lol).

Money and whether or not our house get finished by the summer will be the two determining factors in my case. = =

Chocofreak13

i acted the same way, but my parents are alot looser about travel so long as i call to check up every once in awhile. there have been times when i've gotten home from weekends in conneticut at 4am. :\

i understand why you guys can't give me a clear answer, but it's still a frusterating issue; you can't even ASK your parents if it's ok? how old are you? >____<

sorry. you just are just getting on my nerves a tad with this, cause we need to get this done SOON. if you can't give me a definite yes by january or so, i'm going to assume you won't be with us. :[
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

ATTN:
due to lack of interest/funds, the Otakon trip is cancelled, till next year. let's shoot for 2011, people, maybe we can make that one. :[
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 05, 2011, 09:39:52 PM
ATTN:
due to lack of interest/funds, the Otakon trip is cancelled, till next year. let's shoot for 2011, people, maybe we can make that one. :[

Do you mean 2012?

I'm going to sound like a selfish bitch, but if it's being put off till 2012 I'm thrilled... as much as I'd have loved to see you guys this summer, the extra year, to me, equals a heck of a lot of time get my crap together. There's no way I'd have been able to make it to Otakon 2011 (house-building project taking up tons of money and time, work responsibilities, general lack-of-money and [wo]manchildness on my part, not to mention my schooling situation), but by 2012 the house should be long finished, the funds will have normalized themselves (for the most part), I'll be in college (hopefully? >>) and the family will likely be more supportive of my taking a summer vacation. Plus, who knows? We might even be able to get more people on board. *looks at you, Aurora, Chozo, European OSC'ers...*

Plus, 2012, you know what that means? We can have OSC's official End-Of-The-World Celebration! >:3 Okay, it'll be six months early, but still. XD

NejinOniwa

;_;

At least I haven't bought any flight tickets...wtf am I supposed to do with my summer now? >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

you could still come visit. :\ come spam our beaches and argue over who gets to sit in the trunk. (i'm sorry, but we needed to have everything together by january 11'.....and we don't. it's more practical to just pool our cash and plan more for next year.

besides, if we wait till next year, i'll easily be able to cosplay as 95! >:3

@bell: my bad, it's the start of the year so my brain is still stuck in 2010 mode. :\
i agree with you there, so you're not the only selfish bitch. :3 it'll be a much richer experience if we can get it all together (booking a hotel will be much better than staying in a hostel ^^; ). i'd still like to keep this thread alive, just with the hope that we can make it to Otakon 2012. :3 (plus, now we'll have been planning for almost 2 years! ^^)
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I was going go go there this year, but I can go next year too.

Chocofreak13

you can go both years, it's just that i doubt we'll all be there. :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

SO GUIZE.

Any new developments on this front?

NejinOniwa

WEEEEEEEEEEELLL....

As it looks, I'll likely be going crossponds this summer anyway. As for what to do on THAT trip, who knows, but I'm looking to make some plans for that.

In my eyes the plans for 2012 holds, though, and it's a bit silly to start planning that (aside from making sure schedules are clear) this far ahead. So yeah.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger