CALLING ALL EAST-COASTERS (and Nejin and Red)

Started by Chocofreak13, July 26, 2010, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

Quote from: "Chocofreak13";____; no one wants choco. choco is unloved and thus turns to her pillow.
a wild pillow appeared! choco used hug! it's super effective!
but we do want choco!

Everyone should have fun :D

and wow, with these plans, it seems kinda easy. (though I'll still have to drive up)

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Krizonar

About 600 miles, so it's a pretty hefty part of a day to get there, but I do want to go and meet you guys.

And ends up sword isn't allowed, I'll have to try something else; still don't like the idea of bleaching hair though.

NejinOniwa

Use a wig, perhaps? Ezmodo maybe, but it's all good for you people who don't have 3 feet of gold hanging off your heads. I can't wear a wig for my life >_>

Krizonar

Hm, that's a possibility, the other problem is, what EXACTLY, in CANON, does OS 9 kun look like? There's very few pictures in the gallery and most look pretty different imo.

and ironically, OS 9 is my least favorite Mac OS. Xd

Chocofreak13

lol, kyourou-kun (OS9-kun) has silvery hair, a large-collared tshirt with a 9 on the front, shorts, basic shoes, and upper-arm length gloves.

(lol, i just realized that i posted all the pics in the mac-kun album! xDD)
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=249

you could go as OSX-kun. :3 shirtless catboy? xDD

yay choco is wanted. ^^ and krizo, YOUR EMOTICON IS BACKWARDS, MAH BOI. xD lol.

now we just need to decide what hotel we wanna stay at, who's DEFINITELY going, and reserve the bus tickets/hotel.

we should also nail down when we wanna leave, and how we wanna get around baltimore. :\ (my vote for departure date is the wednesday before, early morning.)
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"lol, kyourou-kun (OS9-kun) has silvery hair, a large-collared tshirt with a 9 on the front, shorts, basic shoes, and upper-arm length gloves.

(lol, i just realized that i posted all the pics in the mac-kun album! xDD)
http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/thumbnails.php?album=249

you could go as OSX-kun. :3 shirtless catboy? xDD

yay choco is wanted. ^^ and krizo, YOUR EMOTICON IS BACKWARDS, MAH BOI. xD lol.

now we just need to decide what hotel we wanna stay at, who's DEFINITELY going, and reserve the bus tickets/hotel.

we should also nail down when we wanna leave, and how we wanna get around baltimore. :\ (my vote for departure date is the wednesday before, early morning.)
Yes, you did!
hm, I think I can accomplish that, little plain though.

and hm, I actually probably could go as an OSX kun (just need some face paint), it's not like I'm out of shape, I Box. (maybe I could go as a Mac Mafia OSX kun? that pic was awesome, btw)

Of course you are wanted! you're planning this! And I hope you don't mind my stubbornness about trying to be System 7 kun.
My xD's are always backwards! cuz Xd looks funny! :)

Well, I'm pretty danged definitely going.
I'll probably forget about it for the most part till like 2 weeks before it :D

Chocofreak13

don't worry. we won't LET YOU forget, especially since we need to book a hotel, and quick. :\
(and mac mafia OSX-kun is perfectly acceptable. -w-)

SO PEOPLES, NEXT ITEM ON THE AGENDA.

figuring out which hotel we're gonna stay at, how to pay for said hotel, and finally BOOKING said hotel for (i'd say) 5 days/4 nights. (wed-sun ?)

good friend/veteran con-goer colleen says sheraton is likely to turn a blind eye to large groups in one room, as long as we don't book in the quiet suite (apparantly old friends of ours liked to have drunken orgies in the sheraton).
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

lolol drunken orgies? -w-; sounds like this'll be one heck of a trip indeed.

My only issue is that Sheraton (at least here) is assingly expensive - then again, if we group up on the cost, it won't amount to all that much, so it might be A-OK.

Chocofreak13

i'ma check some prices, but idk if i'll be able to get a figure this far from the actual trip, so unfortunately everything might just be spectulation....

okie, lessee. after searching on a baltimore travel site found on otakon's home page, i have the following info (using the search criteria "check in 7/27/11, check out 7/31/11, 4 adults, 1 room, in the inner harbor region of Baltimore[i'd like to book asap to lock these rates]):

Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel(all prices 'estimated'):
"1 King Bed Government Rate - ID Required Not Valid For Government Contracted Vendors Government Employee ID Government Employment" : $144 (i doubt we'll be able to book this room, i think it's for gov. employees)

"1 King Bed AAA Parking Package AAA Or CAA Membership ID Required At Check-in Special Rate Includes Self - Parking For 1" : $302.10 (any room with AAA offers, we can book, my mom has AAA and has offered to loan it)

"1 King Bed AAA Parking Package AAA Or CAA Membership ID Required At Check-in Special Rate Includes Self - Parking For 1" : $315.60 (idk the difference)

"1 King Bed Best Available Rate Traditional Non-smoking Sweet Sleeper Bed Stadium View High-speed Internet For A Fee 32" : $319

"1 King Bed Best Available Rate Traditional Non-smoking Sweet Sleeper Bed Harbor View High-speed Internet For A Fee No" : $334

Hyatt Regency Baltimore(all prices 'estimated'):

"Queen 1 Queen Bed Floors 4-14 372 Square Feet Non-smoking" : $359

"1 King Bed 1 King Bed 244 Square Feet Floors 3-9 Workdesk" : $359

"Awaken Package* Queen 1 Queen Bed Floors 4-14 372 Square Feet Non-smoking" : $374

"Respire Room Hypo - Allergenic Room Desk 244-259 Square Feet" : $379

"Busn Plan 1 King Bed Includes Full Breakfast For 1 High-speed Internet Access" : $384

Hotel Monaco Baltimore(all prices 'estimated'):

"AAA And CAA 375 Square Feet Non-smoking King Deluxe Room Ihome Docking Station Animal Print Bathrobes" : $233

"AAA And CAA 435 Square Feet Non-smoking Room With 96in King-sized Bed Ihome Docking Station Animal Print Robe" : $251

"AAA And CAA 400 Square Feet Non-smoking Room With 2 Double Beds Ihome Docking Station Animal Print Robes" : $251

"Best Available Rate 375 Square Feet Non-smoking King Deluxe Room Ihome Docking Station Animal Print Bathrobes" : $259

"Best Available Rate 400 Square Feet Non-smoking Room With 2 Double Beds Ihome Docking Station Animal Print Robes" : $279

out of these, i like the monaco the best (we get the most for our money, and animal print bathrobes!! ^^), however i left some out so if you'd like to look for yourself here's the site i searched at:

http://baltimore.org/

just enter the search criteria i used in the "online reservations" box. (if you don't use the criteria, at least make the location "inner harbor". that's where the convention hall is located.)

i also just shot off an email to the Baltimore chapter of Hostelling International USA (a hostel), though given that we'd want a sanctuary from the con i doubt we'll be booking there.

gimme some response, guys. i'll keep you updated when i get a reply from the hostel.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

..........i don't feel well.....

give the way those figures were displayed (compared to the hilton which was obvious), i didn't expect those to be per night.....but priceline just gave the the reality....

http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/searchResults.do?jsk=9903010a2103010a20101201211836971711308234&key=gh6pydf3&showDP=y&NYOPRedirNI=null

i'ma go faint now....
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"don't worry. we won't LET YOU forget, especially since we need to book a hotel, and quick. :\
(and mac mafia OSX-kun is perfectly acceptable. -w-)
good! :)

and yay, then it's decided! I be a gangster cat head anthromorphism.

ANIMAL PRINT BATHROBES, THEY BETTER HAVE BIG CATS!

and yay again, they have a Hampton Inn nearby!

Chocofreak13

like i said, i don't feel well.......

i'm unsure if we can afford the bathrobes, someone remind me to email the hotel to ask about specific prices..... ;____;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Choco should email the hotel to ask about specific pric-/shot

I don't really need the bathrobes anyway, I have Snow Leopard patterned lounge pants already.

If it helps, I'll pay for my own room,
and I hope you feel better soon!

Chocofreak13

it's too expensive at that one

but i'm looking stuff up on expedia, and there's a few deals......but we'd have to lie through our teeth, and sneak most of us in. :\

ugh, i'ma do this after.

later.
click to make it bigger