CALLING ALL EAST-COASTERS (and Nejin and Red)

Started by Chocofreak13, July 26, 2010, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

FUCKMASHITTINGDUCKS, though I kind of had a feeling of it, too.
Why hotels r so expensiv ;_;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

if we had the money for a ride, or could figure out the local subways beforehand, we could probably book outside of the city, which would save a BUTTLOAD.

hay stew......can we ask a favour....? :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

There are no subways.  There's MARC if you want to go to or from DC (Not sure about prices but it's commuter service so it can't be terrible/you can probably get a card/I'll look it up) Amtrak for longer distances and the light rail but I don't know much about it's route.  I don't know, my last map large map of the city's from 1959.

That depends....

Chocofreak13

i was going to ask you to do what you just did. :3

hmm, that means we'd have to get around by taxi, which will suck >__<
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Taxi?  ProTip: That's expensive as fuck.

NejinOniwa

Protip from snowland: It's also possible to walk.

Krizonar

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Protip from snowland: It's also possible to walk.
Indeed, half the fun is how many odd looks you get while going to the convention dressed up :D

NejinOniwa

Even more so if the convention is spread out over a few k's and the general populace knows NOTHING of it all...

First UppCon I went to, '06. <3 We were a party of 6-ish crazies, and while I wasn't very dressed up, some of my mates - and the rest of the con-goers - certainly were. Innocent regular teenagers out strolling at night, and we were getting to one of the cinemas that had been hired for showing stuff - the WTFWHAT looks were veery nice. -w-

Chocofreak13

well, that IS fun times....i was merely thinking of how much it would suck to half to walk multiple blocks late at night. :\

i had a crazy sleep-deprived half-baked idea last night as i was wandering off to dreamland......

we get a tent
and find a place in some obscure part of the convention hall/hotel with a set of bathrooms......(some place that isn't being used)
and set up the tent. and we move to a different location every night of our stay.

i just remembered that tents are large and cumbersome, but if we split up the parts among ourselves then it could work. xD
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Shelter halves.  They're maybe, five dollars each.

Bella

It's funny, cause if I come to the Con... or do any traveling that involves staying in hotels ... I plan on packing a pup-tent. TO PROTECT MYSELF FROM BEDBUGS IN HOTEL ROOMS, SEE?

Wouldn't this break about a million hotel rules though? =.=;;

Chocofreak13

it's a convention. hotel rules mean NOTHING.
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

So, you've seen people camping at cons before, y/n?