May 20, 2019, 07:46:33 am

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 05:12:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i DO bake a really mean cookie. :0

take your time, dudeson. no rush, and ask if things are confusing. it's been a long time, after all. :0

VolareVia

Hello. I'm Sara and a former member who decided to come back, and I'll leave it at that. xD

With sign-ups coming back, I figured now was a good time to return.

I'll mention that my life has changed quite a bit since then. I've moved to the other side of the metro area. That's something. xD

Halian

Hello all!

I'm Hālian, a 24-year-old college student from Central Florida who's been following OS-tans with varying, usually low, degrees of intensity since about 2008, and who has dove in headfirst after finding this wonderful website some months ago.

Aside from that, my interests include constructed languages (or "conlangs"), worldbuilding, watching college football & MLB, computers, and tabletop & video games (especially Magic: The Gathering, for which I am a certified judge).

My favorite OS-tan, as evidenced by my choice of avatar, is IRIX-hime. :D (If only I could draw...)

Seren

Hello. Haven't posted here in a while in like 3 years.
Seren#6998 is the discord

MechaNebula

I was been registered due to the god damn announcement on the OS-Tan Discord saying I will be kicked in a week if I don't register on this forum
Casual member

VolareVia

Well, you could start your own OS-tan Discord, but that'd require you to advertise it somewhere to get others to join. I'm not sure how many people you'd attract from here, though. Not many people here would be apt to join a Discord that was made by someone because they really didn't want to join the forum. :P

Either way, my understanding is that the Discord is a compliment to the site, not the focus of it.

Not to say there isn't a point to the Discord, as it's a lot easier to bounce my ideas off of someone with instant feedback (and I'm mostly here for the creative elements found on the site), but I personally greatly dislike Discord and it's non-lurkable structure as a means of primary communication within a fandom. I don't know about others, but I love having outsiders read my content, and I appreciate lurkers who read posts and then get inspired to join and knowing the general culture of the site. Discord servers just get too insular for my liking.

MechaNebula

Quote from: VolareVia on April 18, 2019, 08:08:28 amWell, you could start your own OS-tan Discord, but that'd require you to advertise it somewhere to get others to join. I'm not sure how many people you'd attract from here, though. Not many people here would be apt to join a Discord that was made by someone because they really didn't want to join the forum. :P

Either way, my understanding is that the Discord is a compliment to the site, not the focus of it.

Not to say there isn't a point to the Discord, as it's a lot easier to bounce my ideas off of someone with instant feedback (and I'm mostly here for the creative elements found on the site), but I personally greatly dislike Discord and it's non-lurkable structure as a means of primary communication within a fandom. I don't know about others, but I love having outsiders read my content, and I appreciate lurkers who read posts and then get inspired to join and knowing the general culture of the site. Discord servers just get too insular for my liking.
Tasha04 said people who own their OS-Tan discord have their people merged to the original one
Casual member

Goujer

Quote from: MechaNebula on April 18, 2019, 08:43:58 amTasha04 said people who own their OS-Tan discord have their people merged to the original one
There was nothing making them do that and most of the merged people do not post. The Discord Tasha04 is referring to is still up and you can get into via the OS-tan subreddit. However it has been renamed and I'm not sure what's going on in it anymore.

Tasha04

Well, introductions huh? Not the thing I'm best at doing but I guess we'll start. I'm Tasha04 and I like anime, OS-Tans, drawing weird blob things and writing.
Henlo there human

Goujer