Main Menu

Member Introduction Thread

Started by Pitkin, December 11, 2005, 04:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

it's really too bad. i think we all looked forward to that on fridays. :\
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

The three of you were my entire audience.... probably why we got shut down.

IanDanKilmaster

Well that's a shame, I guess I should've stuck around so I at least could've kept some interesting requests coming in.  How long did they keep it going?  Did they bother promoting the station?  Rome wasn't built in a day.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

don't be like that. i'm willing to be people at your school listened, too. :[
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Yo, it's IDK!  Welcome back to the asylum.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

stewartsage

Yeah man, I missed your requests.  Rome wasn't and neither was WCDE; it powered up for the first time in the attic of the science building in 1958.  We shut down in April or so.  Though our lazy ass station manager didn't do jack for promotion.

No, that's part of the reason they shut us down was because they said no one was listening

Chocofreak13

that's sad. maybe radio is seen as the product of another time. :[

either way, at least you're still around, and now idk is too. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

That's why radio is awesome, it is from another time but it's still relevant!

Yes!

Bella

This discussion of the station being shut down is making me sadder than I already was. ._______.;

Chocofreak13

THIS WILL CHEER YOU UP

TIS THE SEASON FOR OSCERS
FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
UNPREDICTED BY OUR SEERS
AS THEY ALL COME BACK IN WAVES
WE WILL WELCOME THEM IN SPADES
FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA~~
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, radio may be "old media", but it's still a great medium.  Gave us lots of great things - I am counting Howard Stern in that, so what the hell do I know?  Really though, if you remember the tornadoes that were tearing through the South and the Central US, those taught me just how important and relevant the radio still is.  I was actually listening to the station in Birmingham when it tore through there, I wasn't anywhere near Birmingham, but it took the power off where I was for awhile and there was such a feeling of uncertainty, it was unreal.  Anyway, that's all best left for Topicless.  Obviously, the whole situation with the radio station and stew leaves me feeling a deep regret.

On a separate note, thank you to Red for welcoming me back and a thank you to Nej as well, since I didn't get around to saying so in the Relationships thread.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

let's hope you and acher stay for awhile. -w-
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

Welcome back IanDanKilmaster from the lazy-butt Pitkin as well. ^.^

Chocofreak13

HOMIGAWDIT'SAPITKINGETTHECAR----
click to make it bigger

Pitkin

I know I know, I haven't posted for a while but first I was addicted to games and now I accidentally landed an English-to-French translation project of 200 pages. ~.~ I'm reading and being secretly proud of all of us, of course. x)