Apple Vs. Microsoft - But this time...

Started by coldReactive, May 27, 2010, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldReactive

...Apple is now more powerful than Microsoft, and just leaped ahead slightly.

I haven't seen any news stories on CNET/etc. so I haven't been able to give a real source. If you've been watching World News Now on ABC, you'll know what I mean though.

Apple needs only to beat EXXON Mobil, and then it will be the most powerful/rich company.

Bella

I'm not going to buy that until I see the numbers. And I say that as a supporter of Apple.

NejinOniwa

And power...where? I'm not seeing shit here...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

I saw this earlier.  All it means is that Apple has increased its net worth to approximately $32bn, whereas M$ is around $29bn.  Tho M$ still gets more of a profit each year.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Hmmm, did not know that. Still doesn't mean powerful, nor that they're about to perform a coup of the home computer industry and force everyone to use Mac OSX BY FORCE and kill Linux and Windows, like some of the anti-Apple people seem to enjoy fretting about... >.>

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

still a windows/linux supporter. GO UNDERDOG!!
click to make it bigger

Bella

Under what fantastical stretch of the imagination can Windows be categorized as "underdog"? It has ~90% of the market share and is going to for the conceivable future.

Nor would I categorize Linux as an underdog, it has a ginormous market share in the server, mainframe and supercomputer sector, and Mac... well, Apple has Mac exactly where they want it to be. It's a niche OS that has a strong niche following, it's never going to become mainstream by design.

Underdog is a title I'll reserve for the likes of OpenVMS, OS/2, well, just about any native IBM OS and the vast panoply of hobbyist/niche/vintage OSes which are still in use today.

Chocofreak13

underdog might still apply to linux, being that not many people know of it (it's DEFINITELY not in the mainstream yet, but getting there).

as for windows, mac is gaining ground which is a big blow to the windows market.

either that, or i have adopted the same policy i use for sports teams: root for the underdog AND the home team. ^^
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Well, Mac IS gaining (ugh), but for more than one reason; one of the bigger ones I see is that Microsoft has two worlds of propaganda bureaus against it, while Apple has most mainstream newsflashes in its favor. I say mainstream, since the Dark Side of Jobs is very well known among us more delved-in types...but that, as stated, is a different market entirely.

Sora

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Well, Mac IS gaining (ugh), but for more than one reason; one of the bigger ones I see is that Microsoft has two worlds of propaganda bureaus against it, while Apple has most mainstream newsflashes in its favor. I say mainstream, since the Dark Side of Jobs is very well known among us more delved-in types...but that, as stated, is a different market entirely.
...wait. Steve Jobs is evil?
But his slander campaigns are so effective...
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

he's waging war with adobe, anbd that's considered UN-evil??

meh. i prefer woz any day. ^^
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Quoteslander campaigns
Hey, there you go. Stevil Jobs.

Red-Machine

Yeah, Jobs is just as imperialistic as Gates.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Gates wasn't all that imperialistic, from what I could make out - he's out now, anyways.
We always knew Ballmer was crazy, but Jobs is that AND cunning, too.