Main Menu

Started by IanDanKilmaster, April 21, 2010, 09:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

binary on a large scale...

now i'm just expecting a bunch of big "1's" and "0's" made into furniture....
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Pardon the confusion over terminology, Bella just used the term and I thought it sounded better than "two-gender system" or any other variant, so I stole it.

For future reference, binary (as a general term) refers to anything consisting of two parts.  As everyone knows, binary code consists of 10 parts: 1s and 0s, a binary system is a system composed of two celestial bodies orbiting one another, etcetera, etcetera.

Anyway, I guess I can reap some satisfaction from the fact that at least gender has started moving away from assigning roles, but of course, equity is still kind of a fantasy at this point.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

i get it.

but now i'm thinking of space and computers and gender all thrown into one item...... ^^;

oh time-space, you konfusin MF. ^^;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

If you think timespace is confusing, come back after trying to visualize a RSTME-axial coordinate system...IT'S AT LEAST 5 DIMENSIONS TOO MANY TO SEE IN THE FIRST PLACE >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

oh you; you're gonna be a success. ^^

xD nerd. like me.
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"oh you; you're gonna be a success. ^^

xD nerd. like me.
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"... I still recognize things as masculine and feminine, but none of it is clouded by sexual appearance...

Even though I believe that there are genders outside the typically recognized male and female, I'm rather bound by "masculine" and "feminine" when it comes to classifying the traits of these "other" genders. IOW-- I would classify somebody who displayed feminine and masculine mental traits equally as being part male and part female instead of some other gender. Then again, there are some people who seem gender neutral... neither male nor female...

Maybe that's just a hard-wired human way of looking at things? :?

IanDanKilmaster

I don't think it's hard-wired... it's just something that's become ingrained growing up in our society.

Essentially, it's something I do not because I necessarily believe this is the way the world works, but because this is the concept of my world which has been reinforced since my childhood.

Chocofreak13

i've always tried to keep most aspects of life gender neutral. there are certain things which are required to have gender (conception, for example) however most other aspects (hobbies, style of dress, ect) which do not require a gender but are usually assigned one.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Giving birth is a matter of sex (physical) not gender (mental), or is that not what you meant by conception?

Chocofreak13

good point. i'm confusing myself. ^^;

the creation of new humans is also where he whole gender/sex thing gets a little moar confusing; you don't HAVE to be a man and woman to have children, but physically, you do.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

At least without, you need to if you want to make do without TECHNOLOGY...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

yeah, technology has solved the biological problem...
click to make it bigger

Sora

...further blurring the line between the genders.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

tech tends to blur the line between lots of things....
click to make it bigger