OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

In other news, I am positively PO'd at the link of commitment I'm displaying for Unix-sama's summoning.  I distract myself for ONE second, and I'm already drawing vastly different things.  >0<

Dear GAWDS, have I no shame?!!!  ;^0^;

I shall have to self-flagellate myself later for this heresy,... -____-

But for now, I'll share my pain with everyone by interrupting our Referendums and previewing what I've nicknamed "Accidental Pic #2.5":

Clearly not done, as I've made changes to this pic (hair, eyebrows, lips, eyes, etc) shortly after loading this up to Photobucket, and still need to add shading, shadows, a background, and (of course) their bodies....  -v-'

But now C64-chan and Amiga-chan will have a little more exposure than before....  ^.^

C-Chan added the following  3 minutes after last message :

Also debating whether to keep the Amiga-checkmark logo intact, or leave it stylized like I've done here.  Really want to get out of the habit of displaying real logos, but then again the rainbow coloring on the hat might add character.....  -___-'

Silentbob

Yeah, I should comment here, as anyone drawing Amiga (and C64) related stuff can never have enough praise.   ;019

Great work as usual, C-Chan.  Looking forward to seeing it all finished, even though it looks nice even now.   ;010

C-Chan

Thank you very mucho, SilentBob.  ^__^
Recently uploaded it again with the aforementioned changes -- currently working on Amiga-chan's body.  This time I won't take shortcuts -- her checkered shirt will be drawn square-by-square (with some 3D assist, of course.... ^.^).

brougeXP22

i'd like to see if someone could pull off a mature looking amiga-chan. That would be really cool ;010

C-Chan

GAH!  You mean she's not mature-looking in the above pic....  ;___;

*sniff sniff*

Well, she is supposed to be chronically-cheerful, so that'll be hard to do.  ^__^

Unless we depict her as angry (a RARITY!), sad (how cruel.... ;_; ), mellow (hubba hubba... *drools*  ;v; ), or in some hentai pose (over my dead body!  .........er, okay, only if you veer that part a little to the left, and that part their, and that leg raised as such.......  *nosebleed*  ^.^)

brougeXP22

lol pics never want to load by themselves so i didn't notice but yes she looks slightly more mature. ;010

C-Chan

*in drooling stupor over prospect of Amiga-chan hentai*

[hypnotized]  Oh yeeeeah baby,...  183 centimeters of sweet, sweet lovin--... @v@

*snaps back into reality*

Huh,.. wha-...?  '.'

Oh,... right.....  ^__^'
Damn that Photobucket and its crappy weekday afternoon performance....  ^v^'

The sooner I can get done with the pic, the sooner I can upload it to the gallery, the easier it will be to post a link up.  But anyway, thank you XP #22....!  ^___^'

*looks at earlier pervy comments*

Oh,.... and,...... what happens in the Annex, STAYS in the Annex, 'kay?  ^__~

*chuckles nervously*

C-Chan added the following  1 hour 42 minutes after last message :

Oh, btw, poor C-One is up for maintenance, so I have to announce the updates for the time being....

*cough cough*

Ten.  Question mark..... hehe, just kidding...  -v-'

Uploaded Aurora-sama's beautiful rendition of Amiga-chan in her Annex entry.  Thank you, Aurora-sama!  I'm forever in your debt -- in fact, I will be your slave for the next 72 hours just to sweeten things up!  ^V^

Also added the scrap art for the Wiki Avatars that I last drew up (excluding OS9, since I didn't draw but simply reedited her...  ^^')

Contains Amiga-chan, but also Windows 95 OSR 2.5-sama and 3.11-sama....

Although wait a sec, why am I calling those two "sama" if Amiga is older than those two.... COMBINED!!!!  \ _ /

Sorry kids, know you're place....  ^__^

Amiga-sama
Windows 3.11-chan
Windows 95 OSR 2.5-chan

SleepyD

Quote from: "C-Chan"*in drooling stupor over prospect of Amiga-chan hentai*

[hypnotized]  Oh yeeeeah baby,...  183 centimeters of sweet, sweet lovin--... @v@

Huh,.. wha-...?  '.'

I'll be.... over here. *steps away from C-Chan*

I'll be back... there... later.

XD

NewYinzer

Quote*in drooling stupor over prospect of Amiga-chan hentai*

[hypnotized] Oh yeeeeah baby,... 183 centimeters of sweet, sweet lovin--... @v@

Huh,.. wha-...? '.'

Hey, we all have our levances. Look at Mark Foley. From time to time, perverted thoughts are...

*gets hit in the head by frying pan*

You want ecchi! I'll give you ecchi!

Here's your darn ecchi:

I are cruel to the 56k people.

C-Chan

309KB?  Whoo-yeah!  You're evil....  ^__^

If Panda were still around, she'd have yer head....  Hehehe....  -v-

Thankfully, this ain't the Topicless Thread, so post away to your hearts content.  ^__^
Even when I was a 56ker, I'd put up with anything just to see the sites I wanted.  That included giant pictures of Mahoro-chan. ^__^

*studies picture*

Hmmm,... I wonder if here character design could make a good OS-tan....  Ã,­Ã,¬vÃ,­Ã,¬

C-Chan added the following  1 minute after last message :

Quote from: "SleepyD"I'll be.... over here. *steps away from C-Chan*

I'll be back... there... later.

XD

Hehehe.... wuss, wuss, wuss....  ^.^

Fine then, means for Amiga-chan for me....  ^v^

*goes off to glomp some more*

brougeXP22

lol a mahou-tan would be awesome ;010

C-Chan

Oh right, the referendum....  -v-'

*begins typing*

NewYinzer

QuoteHmmm,... I wonder if here character design could make a good OS-tan.... Ã,­Ã,¬vÃ,­Ã,¬

I think it would (though I am a little biased)

In other news:

My idea wasn't that original:

http://www.humblefool.net/stuff/cards/index.html

C-Chan

*sadness*  Awwwwww....  ;__;

Well, don't let it get you down. ^__^
These are all fan creations, so there's nothing to bar you from making your own set.  -v-

Course, if you really are bummed out about it, I could always suggest just converting your existing work to Uno cards instead ....  -v-
But then you're aleady so far along....  'v'

BTW, you're right, I think her character design WOULD make a great EXEC-tan.  ^__^

I just combine Mahoro's looks and conservatism with the other unique features I had planned in Exec-tan's preconcept draft, and voila!!
Instant, lovable, retired OS-tan.  ^.^

(The EXEC series was used in the late 50's, early 60's, so yeah she'd be DAMN old.... ^^')

Almost done with the MacOS referendum!  ^v^

*keeps typing madly*

C-Chan added the following  2 hours 47 minutes after last message :

MAC-TAN RIOT CONTROL REFERENDUM
Wow, there simply aren't that many good standalone pictures of her.  ^__^
That speaks volumes.....

Okay, the short and sweet of this as follows:

A)  We know that Futaba/Niijura originally focused entirely on Windows, making it safe to assume that Mac-tans were somewhat of an afterthought.

B)  There have been dozens of alternative designs representing a "generic" MacOS, though the platinum-white, apple-bearing cat suit one seems to have caught on the most.

C)  We acknowledge that OS9-tan is perhaps the most stable traditional Mac-tan design of all, almost as instantly recognizable as ME-tan

D)  We also acknowledge that the OSX catgirls, due to design consistency, are safe to use as official OS-tans for the specific OSX operating system releases.

E) Similarly, since no one else has covered this territory until now, Aurora's designs will represent the specific Classic MacOS releases before System 9:

All this being said, the question is....

What will become of this well-known Mac-tan...?

Getting rid of her is not an option -- I have her on the Annex listing and refuse to take her off.  ^__^
What we need is simply to explain her in a way that satisfies all parties that use her character, be it for artwork, comics, or fanfics.  ^__^

Consider the following choice:

- She can remain a catchall for ALL MacOS releases. Similar to how Apple II-tan is a catchall for all AppleDOS releases, even though specific OS-tan renditions of said releases (such as GS/OS-tan) are being deployed.  ^__^

- She can be a catchall only for classic MacOS releases. This is more the standing held by Alfamille and myself.

- She can be a catchall for Mac OSX releases. This is more Aurora's standing - she even whipped up a Mactel-version just for the occassion.  ^__^

- She can be a catchall for the Macintosh HARDWARE itself.  Might conflict since there are already PPC-tans and G5-tans, but given that hardware still defines the system for the most part, it wouldn't be too awkward to have her appear alongside a true Mac-tan.

- Something else perhaps?  Like all other referendums, alternative suggestions and viewpoints are always welcomed.  ^__^

C-One

Ccccc ccc...

10 ? "Added placeholders for Macintosh Systems 2, 3, 4 and 5."
20 ? "Image upload and descriptions for Windows Family and House of Mac members will be deployed in the forthcoming ANR."
30 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows*

40 GOTO 30