OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Thank you for your diligence.  All in all, we seem to have taken control of the "list of OS-tans" article.  ^v^

Kind of great that we [OS-tan collections] were able to contribute "free" wiki avis to that article.  ^___^

I'd love to make free ones for Firefox, Nvu, Seamonkey and Opera, since they apparently pulled them off due to copyrights.... -v-'

C-Chan

Hear ye, hear ye!

After a VERY long series of distractions, I finally got a chance to sit down and finish the DR-DOS and QDOS-tan preconcept chibi renditions!  ^v^

Aren't they cute?  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Cute! I especially like QDOS-tan! She's the eccentric mechanic girl who isn't afraid to get dirty, isn't she? ^^ And that giant wrench of hers would make a good weapon!

NewYinzer

Very Nice! As I said before, I LOVED DR-DOS-tan! QDOS-tan is also very cute with the giant wrench! Tim Paterson and Gary Kildall would approve! I suppose that DR-DOS-tan and QDOS-tan are sisters then (QDOS and DR-DOS were both based off of CPM)? Too bad for Seattle Computer Products and Digital Research! Two companies whose fortunes were decided by Microsoft and IBM!

C-Chan

QuoteCute! I especially like QDOS-tan! She's the eccentric mechanic girl who isn't afraid to get dirty, isn't she? ^^ And that giant wrench of hers would make a good weapon!

Fufufu.... Thank you, Aurora-sama.  ^___^

I wouldn't quite call her eccentric, but she is the famous "Quick and Dirty Operating System".  She can literally repair any busted thing imaginable, although the more complicated the hardware is, the uglier and "patchy" the repairs are gonna be.  ^^;

But although she is definitely a prodigy when it comes to mechanics, she's dumb as a rock (often confused with "naivety") when it comes to everything else  and regularly acts spacey (think Osaka from 'Azumanga Daioh').  She's also the shortest of the DOS-tans (roughly 3'10") and very easy to overlook until she's halfway into your boiler (or worse, your CPU tower).  So constantly in need of your attention, but otherwise a charming and helpful little mechanic girl.  ^v^

The giant wrench is really just a comedic tool for the chibi picture, much in the same way as DR-DOS-tan's oversized pills.  But since she can repair everything, there's no reason why she couldn't use those for planes or something.  ^^;

QuoteVery Nice! As I said before, I LOVED DR-DOS-tan! QDOS-tan is also very cute with the giant wrench! Tim Paterson and Gary Kildall would approve! I suppose that DR-DOS-tan and QDOS-tan are sisters then (QDOS and DR-DOS were both based off of CPM)? Too bad for Seattle Computer Products and Digital Research! Two companies whose fortunes were decided by Microsoft and IBM!

Thank you NewYinzer, and indeed M$ and IBM both suck in their own 'suck'erific ways.  -__-

Actually, for practical considerations, I've made CP/M and DR-DOS to be one and the same (hence her hair pin that reads "CP/M" instead of DOS).  That's because DR-DOS is literally CP/M remarketed, first by Digital Rivers, then by all the unGAWDly number of companies the OS has passed through.  One of the running gags for DR-DOS-tan is that she's had tons of aliases, and uses the certification and recertification degrees featuring each and every one of those aliases as wallpaper in her office.  ^__^'

Following that logic, DR-DOS is technically the first x86 DOS, and in turn, following my OS-tan family conventions, would make her the "mother" figure.  ^^
So QDOS-tan, being a 16-bit port developed by another company, should either be a daughter or a clone of DR-DOS-tan (then called CP/M-tan, of course.... ^^;).  PC-DOS and MS-DOS-tan, however, are definitely younger sisters of QDOS-tan.  -v-

CaptBrenden

Nice, but I still say your full sizes are better you cheater!  and there is no way I would let osaka work in my tower. *shutter* thats just scary.

Eggplant!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

QuoteNice, but I still say your full sizes are better you cheater!

BWAHAHA!!!!  ^v^
It's about time you admitted I cheat.  ^___^
Thankfully, with demand for my Chibi OS-tans far outstripping the full-sized ones at Youmacon, it would appear that cheaters prosper after all!  ^v^
(That, or it might've been cause the Chibis were cheaper....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬)

Quoteand there is no way I would let osaka work in my tower. *shutter* thats just scary.

Oh come now?  Surely there's nothing wrong with letting a spacey little girl with an obvious tool fetish screw around inside your CPU tower?  She knows how to discharge static, if that's what worries you.  ^___^

QuoteEggplant!

HAWK!!!  ^v^

panithan

Huh? I thought there are 4 XP-tan...
1. XP Home
2. XP Pro
3. XP Media Center
Are you missing this one, C-Chan?

4. XP SP2

Or this is XP Pro in other costume?

C-Chan

Granted I'm missing a lot of them, but I'm not sure if XP SP2 deserves an entirely new OS-tan (then again, we do have 98 & 98SE,... -v-)

I'm definitely missing XP 64-bit, but still looking for a consistent design on that one.  ^__^

Annex is a work in progress still, so the moment we reach consensus on a new OS-tan, it gets added.  -v-

(Of course, since I'm not terribly fond of Windows-tans, other OSes get priority... Fufufu.....  ^.^)

Darknight_88

About Win XP SP2...no, it doesn't not need a new OS-tan. SP2 counts just as an update, mostly security fixes. That said, then we'd need 4 versions of Win2k (4 service packs).

C-Chan

Precisely.  ^__^
Besides, Deja Vu tried slipping in a later version of Windows NT, and look what happend to them.... ^v^;

C-One

Cccccccccccc!

10 ? "Populated bios for a number of House of Mac members."
20 ? "Special thanks to Aurora for writing the bios and creating so many wonderful Mac-tans."
30 ? "Thank you very much."

*bows"

40 GOTO 30

Aurora Borealis

I am most pleased with the latest updates! Thank you C-One for getting so much done at once and thank you, C-Chan for hiring her. She's so polite! :D

Alfamille

C-one has done a very good job so far! The Annex looks so neat and organized!  ;001

And to Aurora too! For adding life to Mac-tan roster ;010

C-One

*loads Romaji ROM*

10 ? "Konnichiwa, Aurora Borealis-san"
20 ? "Konnichiwa, Alfamille-san"
30 ? "Yoroshiku onegaiteshimasu"

*bows*