OS-tan Annex Project

Started by C-One, September 16, 2006, 07:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterCat

C-Chan, I understand and respect the realistic limits you've placed upon the scope of this initial foray into the Wonderful World of -Tans!  Nevertheless, since this involves cats, it was my duty to bring the matter before the International Council of Feral and Household Cats (ICFHC).

Hence, I went to equatorial latitudes seeking opinions:

Then I visited the Frozen North to poll cats there:

Also, I dropped by many cat social clubs and sought input:

Finally, I traveled to Japan for consultation with the present Secretary General of the ICFHC:

Nervously, I passed the time as best I could whilst awaiting the Secretary General's ruling:

So now, I bring you good news!  It's been decided, via the weight of  popular opinion and the wisdom of the Secretary General, that your policy is fair and just; that cats are being given proper opportunity to receive credit they may deserve; and that cats throughout the world are well pleased with your progress on this vast project.  Cool, huh?

Pardon me, but after all this travel and palaver I require a nap.  I'll be back later....

;022

=^..^=

C-Chan

OMG, I know a friend and uber-cat lover (she owns and/or provides free board to 20 cats) who's gonna LOVE your latest multimedia presentation post!  ^v^

The Equatorial cat village in particular is almost straight out of Miyazaki's 'The Cat Returns'.  ^.^

Well, I'm glad the Secretary General went easy on this poor pig.  ^__^
The issue with DOSKitty is also confounded by the fact there's no consistency in her character.
She's either a cat, pure and simple (the way I like to keep it). ^__^

Or she's a changeling....

Either way, at least now I can rest easy.  Her mention in 3.11-sama's bio should suffice till the Annex starts to really pick up steam.  ^____^

Okey-doke, cat can go rest now, pig can get his lazy ass back to work.  -v-

*flagellates*

C-Chan added the following  2 hours 45 minutes after last message :

Art update!  ^__^

Finished Cheetah-sama at least....

Puma and Jaguar are in progress.  ^__^

C-Chan

*notices crashed C-One*

Ahh,.. no wonder it's been quiet over here on this front.... '.'

*reboots C-One*

C-One

*waking up*

Cccccc....

*** C-ONE COMMODORE 64 ROM V1.1 EMULATION ***

C-Chan

Oh boy,... -v-'

Yeah, um,... uh,......... you take five, C-One-chan....  ^^;
Try to get all those bugs out of your system there....  ^v^;

I'll, uh,...
I'll worry about the Annex for now.  ^^;

FYI, as far as real news is concerned, the Windows Family section is ready!  ^v^
I'll see if I can rush the Mac and Binteji Renmei sections ASAP....  -v-

NewYinzer

Nice additions! Excellent C64 ROM emulator! I'm starting to get over my cold and I think my bad luck is improving!
*rampaging robot house crushes NewYinzer's car*
Crap!
*calls police*
Police? I'd like to report a giant house that fell out of the air and destroyed my car. Okay? Thank you.
*screams like a howler monkey*

C-One

Ccccc!

10 ? "Finalized Microsoft Family Thread'.
20 ? "All Microsoft Family members shoud now have a corresponding Wiki avatar and brief bio file."
30 ? "Added experimental placeholder Wiki avatars to the House of Mac."
40 ? "and Binteji Renmei members.
50 ? "Updated current information and uploaded the following completed Wiki avatars..."

LOAD "WIKI AVIS" 8,1

60 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows"

70 GOTO 60

C-Chan

Sheesh,... you make it sound like YOU did all the work this time.... *grumble grumble*  Ã,¬___Ã,¬

Yo, NewYinzer!  What's up.  ^___^
In case you didn't check out the Translation Thread, I have new Wiki avis to upload.  (Except maybe MSX-DOS, as there is no article for her on Wiki yet.)

Alfamille

QuoteQuote from : C-One

Ccccc!

10 ? "Finalized Microsoft Family Thread'.
20 ? "All Microsoft Family members shoud now have a corresponding Wiki avatar and brief bio file."
30 ? "Added experimental placeholder Wiki avatars to the House of Mac."
40 ? "and Binteji Renmei members.
50 ? "Updated current information and uploaded the following completed Wiki avatars..."

LOAD "WIKI AVIS" 8,1

60 ? "Thank you very much for your patronage."

*bows"

70 GOTO 60

Hey! I believe this is the first time I've talked to you.

With a set of Wiki avatars like that. The list of OS tan pages looks colorful and more interesting to people! good job you've been doing lately, keep it up!

NewYinzer

BAM! Uploaded! All we need is a minipic for OS8!

C-One

*loads Romaji ROM*

10 ? "Konnichiwa, Alfamille-san"
20 ? "Yoroshiku onegaiteshimasu"

*bows*

C-Chan

That's so cute.  ^.^

Yo Alfamille!  ^v^
Thanks for cheering us on, although clearly C-One-chan puts a pretty face on the project.  ^.^

Glad you're liking how the Annex page is turning out, although once I start uploading Wiki avis for unreleased OS-tans, THAT'S when things are gonna REALLY start cooking!  ^v^

I'm excited myself, though sadly, it'll be a while until I return to full swing.... -v-

And I have to return C-One back back to C64-chan for repairs, so we'll both be out of commission for a few days.  ^^'

QuoteBAM! Uploaded! All we need is a minipic for OS8!

Thank ye, NewYinzer!  ^__^
Don't worry, I can take care of the OS8 avi when I return.  ^v^

BTW, thank you for uploading the latest batch of avis!  ^v^
However, you sure it's okay that they're uploaded as GNU instead of Public Domain?

NewYinzer

QuoteHowever, you sure it's okay that they're uploaded as GNU instead of Public Domain?

According to the upload requirements, you can upload ONLY your own work or work whose copyright expired years ago to the public domain. When the author has given permission, in this case you have, the GNU license is best. Although part of the image was created by someone at Futaba, they remain anonymous and their images remain free for people to use. If you have a better suggestion for policy, I'd be happy to consider adopting it when I upload to Wikipedia.

C-Chan

Nah, now that you put it that way, the cow does sound like the better option.  Public Domain stuff on other hand can still be used for commercial purposes,....  ^^'

Alrighty then, it's settled.  GNU it is!
Thank ye, NewYinzer.  -v-

Alfamille

I kinda have a little bit problem earlier when there is a message as I logged in to Wikipedia and tuned in to the "List of OS-tans" section.

But I think it's good now, since i give proper description of the image in terms of its copyright... ;001