Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

@kriz: i lol'd at the last one. >w<;
@pentium: it always baffles me when i hear about the limitations that other families have. i never had a curfew and i've been swearing since i was 7. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: Sometimes it does for me too; hearing about kids who had greater restrictions than I did when growing up. One of the ones I remember the most was with a girl who used to live across the street from me many years ago, who was not allowed to watch or read anything with magic or superpowers in it because, as her mom put it, "that shit doesn't exist".

Pitkin

My parents were very strict and protective of me when I was younger. I was the last person to get a mobile phone, and whenever I stayed out in the evening later than 8 I had to report to them. When I graduated from high school I got a bit more liberties, but my parents wanted to meddle a lot in my matters even years after that. Our relationship worsened a lot during my time at university, but it's got better by now. I made it quite clear it was not their life I was living. :/

Chocofreak13

@pitkin: sounds a bit like my grandma, only the tensions subsided sooner than that, and with alot less of a bang.
oh, and of course if i'm going to be out late i have to phone in, but that's just being polite.
@pentium: wow that's dumb. was she a religious fanatic or something?
click to make it bigger

Chocofreak13

@aurora: well, it also depends on where you live. for instance, me and my friends got into alot more (fun) trouble, maybe because we live in a fairly small town. then there's my college friends, who, from what i've heard, don't do ANYTHING fun :\

and yeah, the reason i don't have much restrictions is because while the other members of the Class of 2010 (also known as the 'perfect 10' perfect my ass) were drinking, doing drugs, and getting pregnant, i was at home playing video games and talking to you guys (and i made sure my parents knew that).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I had pretty strict parents, though it was mainly my mom; my dad let me get away with more. I had a strict bedtime of 9PM for years, had plenty of TV shows I wasn't allowed to watch (I wasn't allowed to watch Animaniacs, but Futurama was ok since my dad liked it), was only allowed to play video games on the TV on occasions (As for my Game Boy, it was ok as long as it wasn't during school), was punished for getting frustrated at anything, and head heavy restrictions on my internet usage for years. Thankfully, she began to lighten up once I got older

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 11, 2011, 06:30:15 PM
@pentium: wow that's dumb. was she a religious fanatic or something?

Actually, I'm not sure; her daughter claimed to be Christian, but would make fun of me if I mentioned going to church or anything of that sort

Chocofreak13

no offense, but i don't like you mom much now. i can't stand heavy-handed parenting like that.
no animaniacs? wtf? come on! >__<

in other news, i realized earlier that we have not see any pictures of aurora :3
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 11, 2011, 07:40:00 PM
in other news, i realized earlier that we have not see any pictures of aurora :3

truer words were never spoken! XD

My my, aren't you lovely~

Nichi

@Choco: To be honest, I agree; for all the awesome things she's done, she was also overly protective of me back then. Hell, there was a time I wasn't allowed to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark, because she though it'd give me nightmares, yet Rod Sterling's Night Gallery was considered ok...despite the one episode I saw of it giving me nightmares for weeks.

Bella

I want to see a picture of Aurora doing a GENIAC-tan cosplay. *.*

RESIDENT ORIGINAL CHARACTER CLOSET-COSPLAY ENTHUSIAST DEMANDS IT. ^0^

Chocofreak13

AURORA. POAST TOAST YOUNG LADY.

@pentium: looking back on it, i HIGHLY appreciate and couldn't imagine living without all the freedoms that my parents gave. of course, some other parents might look at mine back in the day and call it neglect or apathy. xD
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Quote from: Bella on May 11, 2011, 08:22:56 PM

What?  Where?  Yes!

Nichi

Here's a picture of my '74 Dart (With the far superior '88 Ramcharger seen beside it):

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x283/The_Real_PentiumMMX/Timey%20wimey%20stuff/18566_104143416270639_100000249422585_102813_7204446_n.jpg

It looks cool regardless of some rust on top, but that doesn't change the fact it likes to leave me stranded. I much prefer the Ramcharger, which has never let us down in the years my dad has owned it.

@Choco: It may not seem like it, but I had a lot of freedom compared to my younger cousins; who's mom was a diehard Moral Guardian, allowing them to do very few of the things I or my older cousins could do.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on May 11, 2011, 08:34:17 PM
Quote from: Bella on May 11, 2011, 08:22:56 PM

What?  Where?  Yes!

One time K, Aurora and I were comparing our hairstyles to different OS-tans.

K said she modeled her hair after 2k-tan
I said mine was starting to look SAGE-like (with the squash blossom buns and all)
and Aurora made a comment about her hair looking like GENIAC-tan's
And I've wanted to see an Aurora GENIAC cosplay ever since. owo

@Pentium: Sweet car. 8D

Chocofreak13

@pentium: what she said. :3 also, sucks that she's like that. they're gonna grow up neurotic. :\
@bella: not going to reveal the spoiler! >w<
@aurora: neither do i, but i do it. :\
click to make it bigger