Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I'd love to call you guys more often, but I usually have to wait for everything to line up on my end for an audio call to occur. As for a video call, I have to go over to my grandma's office; as my home connection wouldn't be able to handle it very well

Chocofreak13

here, there's the problem of my dad. he has little grasp of the meaning of the phrases "personal boundaries" or "leave them alone". he insists on being involved and knowing who i'm talking to and what i'm doing. this isn't because he's overprotective (quite the opposite, actually, he seems to give less than 0 shits about who i hang out with or where i go in terms of danger level, he just likes to know for some godforsaken reason), it's more because he feels the need to know everything that goes on, whether it involves him or not.  he's gone so far as to ask me and mum where we're going on saturdays---this has ranged from out of state to the supermarket---for no reason other than he wants to know where we're going. like it's any of his business.

in terms of the "no boundaries" thing, he considers the whole house to be "his house, his space" (the house is in both my parents' names, so whenever he tries to use that excuse i remind him of that), meaning that he can come in whenever he pleases. i seriously need to have a talk with him (or better yet, have my mum talk with him, he actually listens to her) about this; he walked in on me getting dresses this morning--twice.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Um...yeah; I'd have your mom talk to him about that

Chocofreak13

i'm gonna ask her to talk to him about it. he didn't seem like he thought he was doing anything wrong. ><;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Welcome to the gun show!

16 gauge hammerless Ithaca double barrel shotgun.

Close-up on the lock, reading "Ithaca Gun Co Ithaca, N.Y."

An M16A1

...what did you think I meant?

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Nice guns, but those pictures need moar Stew...

Chocofreak13

how about stew holds the guns? :\

that said, nice guns man. -w-
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

The shotgun was my great grandfathers, the M16 is a dummy that came from the university's ROTC department.

And I have no easy way to take pictures of myself.  Plus, it's freakin' cold outside.

Chocofreak13

pieces of history like that are always just amazing. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on January 04, 2012, 10:59:09 AM
The shotgun was my great grandfathers, the M16 is a dummy that came from the university's ROTC department.

And I have no easy way to take pictures of myself.  Plus, it's freakin' cold outside.

Nice, I wish my family had more inter-generational keepsakes. -w-

This is why you need me, Stew, you'd never be without a professional photographer/portrait-taker again! : D

Chocofreak13

that'd be awesome. he can research history for books, and you can photograph it. the history channel will love you. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

If by "inter-generational keepsake" you mean "rusty piece of junk my great grandmother pawned off on us because I like guns", then yes, that's what it is.  I had a gunsmith friend clean off the worst of the rust but I wouldn't fire it that's for sure.

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 04, 2012, 04:22:25 PM
that'd be awesome. he can research history for books, and you can photograph it. the history channel will love you. :3

Oooh, that would be awesome! ^w^

Quote from: stewartsage on January 04, 2012, 09:13:50 PM
If by "inter-generational keepsake" you mean "rusty piece of junk my great grandmother pawned off on us because I like guns", then yes, that's what it is.  I had a gunsmith friend clean off the worst of the rust but I wouldn't fire it that's for sure.

Still, it belonged to your great granddad and it's all in one piece, that's pretty cool. : )

Chocofreak13

i treasure the stuff from my grandparents, regardless of what it is. the pieces from my Grandmother Barbra's collection mean just as much to me as the large print calculator my grandpa gave me in 5th grade. :3
click to make it bigger