Main Menu

member picture thread :D

Started by zjhentohlauedy, March 27, 2010, 06:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzaDrill

Chocofreak13

HOLY CRAP I THINK I SAW YOU AT THE CON
AT LEAST I RECOGNIZE THAT LOCATION IT'S THE FIRST HALF OF THE DEALER'S ROOM AT AB
I WAS WINDOWS 95 FRIDAY AND SATURDAY DID YOU SEE ME

@stew: love it! :D
click to make it bigger

Bella

@Stew: Nice pics! You look handsome as usual there, but it took me longer than I care to admit to figure out where the hell George got that straw hat from. >>

@Pizza: AAAAAH, PIZZADRILL SIGHTING!! Where've you been, dude?

Chocofreak13

is that guy's name george? he's my favourite pose in the picture on the bottom. (followed by the guy in the back, since his smile is just way too perfect there. xD )

*raises hand* i would like to know this as well .__.
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

@Choco: Now that you mention it... I do think I remember seeing you. And I recognized your costume as 95-tan. I don't think I said anything because that weekend was just awful overall and I was just plain "ugh" all day Saturday and Sunday.
@Bella: Real-life shit's been going down and getting worked out. Also I just kinda stopped coming around because idunnolol.

Chocofreak13

ahhh, i wish you would have said hi. would have made the con better, i guarantee it. though i had a great weekend, this was the best ab for me yet. sucks that it sucked for you. :[

glad to hear you're back, though. mind posting in the other areas of the forum? -w-
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Hey, next AB is coming up relatively soon, and I might end up there. :P I'll also be at MAGFest and PAX East. I'll be sure to say Hello if I see you. I'll see what I can do about posts too...

Chocofreak13

where's MAGFest? as for PAX, well, i don't play enough video games to justify going. if i could get in for cheap, i'd go, maybe. but i've heard it's like it's part tradeshow. :\

and define "soon"? the next AB isn't till may. :\
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Whoa, it's that late next year? Also, i was defining "soon" as "within several months."  8)

Personally, I am a huge fan of how PAX is mostly a tradeshow. It's a nice break from hearing memes yelled out every 5 seconds. It's a much more mature atmosphere and crowd. Also, the ACAM, based out of Funspot brings a couple dozen cabinets with them and sets up a room like a Flynn's arcade. I effing love that, since I wasn't able to live the genuine arcade-heyday experience.

Whoa, sperged out a bit there. sorry 'bout that. But yeah, I'm sure I'll see ya eventually, no worries.

Chocofreak13

ermahgerd. i haven't been to funspot in years. we used to go to it all the time during the summer, since my parents knew a guy with a cabin on Winnapesaukee and we got to stay there for a few weeks each year. i wanted to drag pent there since having the largest arcade in the world in basically your backyard sounds like a damn good tourist attraction. if you can give me concrete dates/times, i might be able to make a day of it. just don't be surprised if i bring my mum.

as for PAX, i like video games but as a recreational thing, and even then most of the games i like are anime-based. somehow i don't think PAX has visual novels in stock. if i were in the major that my friend's roommate, sarah, is in, then i'd be more likely to go. (she's in animation with a focus on 3D design for videogames.) but since my focus is primarily anime, i just don't know if it's worth it. (how much is a ticket, anyway?)

AB 2013 is in late May. conversely, 2014 is in mid March, right after my birthday. :3 (2015 is back to the april middle ground.)
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Whoa, cool. I may organize a funspot trip some weekend soon, i've gotta see what's going on. I'll let you know what I figure out!

PAX East is probably already sold out. They sold out of 3day passes within a week or so. http://www.paxsite.com/ probably not worth it at this point if you're not 100% sure you want to go. :P

Chocofreak13

maybe next year, then (and by next year i mean the year after, lol).

as for funspot, laconia is a favourite city of mine but i rarely get to go there. we have a damn fine arcade in the area, anyway. (try telling me that your arcade has a sailor moon sidescroller. -w- )
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

...No fuckin' way. Sailor Moon R? I think that's what it was. I haven't played that in uh... ever in an arcade,.

Chocofreak13

not sure, it's all in japanese but the controls are easy. it's fun, too, and can be 2-player. only downside is that 1. i don't know what they're saying and 2. you only really get 1 special attack per stage. but i set the high score with nej and another friend of mine. -w-
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

I am obviously the boss at sailing.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS