Quote from: undefinedName: Macintosh System 6
aka: System 6.0.x, "Antares", "Big Deal", "Six Pack", "Terminator"
Debut: 4/30/1988
Height: 185 cm [6'1"]
Weight: ??kg
Eye Color: silver, red
Hair: dark grey-blue

Quick Facts:
-Was sickly and unstable at birth, had been known to lash out violently if her strength allowed it.
-Was soon deathly ill, but her life was saved in late '88-early '89 when she was remade into a nearly immortal cyborg using technology from the future.
-Scatterbrained, yet is fast, extremely strong, determined and remarkably stable. (Went from being the least stable Mac OS to one of the most stable.)
-Close friends with her stepsister A/UX, who helped her the most with self-improvement in her youth. The two even have a friendly rivalry together.
-Was one of the first Mac-tans to befriend NeXTSTEP, is also one of the few to not be scared by OSX Cheetah's antics.
-Has at least one scar at all times, to this day she fights against Mac malware-tans, including her sworn enemy ANTI since 1989.
-Strives to atone for her acts of unjustifiable violence from her pre-transformation and during the OS Wars, including her one-sided rivalry against Windows 2.0
-Is very kind and loyal, though this often gets overshadowed by a boisterous and competitive side.
-A writer and programmer, still an avid user of Hypercard technology. (considered one of the best Mac OSes for creative writing, and Hypercard was popularized in the System 6-era)
-Teams up with OSX, Cheetah and Mac OS8 to keep order in the Mac House.
-Has medium-length grey-blue hair, wears a blue+black minidress with matching boots, gloves, a leather jacket and sunglasses.
-Wields a bazooka as her weapon of choice.
-Mac System 3.4 is her twin sister. Addition: They didn't have a rivalry because System 3.4 had a specific role of her own.

Mac OS9's bio is up already, System 7's is in progress, as is OSX Server's,but here are Mac OS9's and OSX Server's new avatars:

Krizonar

Yay, System 6!

and wow, the new icons look great. They just pop out a bunch more and have more vibrant richness to them.

That Antares icon is now my Finder icon, cuz she's fast and strong!
Though when the updated OSX icon is up, I'll probably use that one.

Also, once more of the Mac Tan icons are updated, I will update the Mac family tree icons appropriately.

Bella

I didn't know System 6-tan was so tall. * *

Nor did I know she was born... biological. I thought she was an android from the start. Hm.

Chocofreak13

the mac house is so confusing. how can sys. 3.4 and sys. 6 be twins? o__o;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on January 09, 2011, 05:54:20 PM
the mac house is so confusing. how can sys. 3.4 and sys. 6 be twins? o__o;
Both of them use Finder 6.1 :) (in my continually she doesn't exist, nor do the other odd "in-betweeners")
she's an odd OS though that only like 2 computers used and information on her is very rare.

Chocofreak13

hmm.

told you it was confusing. @__@
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

@Bella: I didn't give that part much thought for a long time. ^^; It wasn't until I first saw Krizo's interpretations of the Apple-tan backstories that her origins were addressed.

Oh, and it's for the best that System 6-tan wasn't born as a cyborg, because she would have been even more dangerous than she was when she was unstable!

On the other hand, she did turn into something of a berserker during the OS Wars. She got better after the war, and even reconciled with some former rivals.

@Krizo: Aww... I was hoping 3.4-tan would be System 6-tan's long-lost twin sister!

The only things I really know about System 3.4 are that it exists, and that it makes the already confusing early Mac OS version numbers even more confusing. And that it supported only one or two Mac models is weird too, no idea why it's so limited. :-/

Unsurprisingly, she's a very weird character, and even lives as a wanderer.

@Choco: And that's just a small part of how weird and confusing the version numbers of the Classic Mac OS got! I've been tempted to draw a comic about it.

Chocofreak13

i'd like to see that. honestly, the fact that you not only need to take the version number into account but also the version of finder is the reason i stayed away from the mac family tree. i don't even use mac (outside of gothy), and this just makes them that much harder to understand. :\

anything that needs to be done?
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

If you guys would like some help with 8-bit-tans, I have extensive knowledge of a lot of them.  I could help you figure out personalities and what they look like, etc.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

@Red:Most of the 8-bit home computer-tans still don't have entries yet, so you could easily help with those!

@Choco: Haven't really given much thought to any game console-tans yet, but do you have any ideas?

Unfortunately, when trying to update the front page, I found out I can't anymore because of a 20,000 character limit per post (which was already exceeded long ago), meaning... I'll have to move the Annex Project and its entries to the wikil! The mini-bios will still be there, but in a separate section from the full bios.

Discussions, updates and new bios will still be posted here, but the project itself (from C-Chan's and C-One's original posts on the first page, which I've been updating until now) will be ported over.

Aurora Borealis

I got the first part of it ported to the wiki.

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/OS-tan_Annex_Project

The index page looks a lot better, but with the overview moved from the pages themselves to just the index really cut the factions' articles down in size, some of them only list the members of the group, if I haven't gotten to their history yet.

I'll get to porting some Annex bios too, but don't know if I should put the bios directly in the faction articles, or make a section in each article that says something like "See the short bios of ______ faction".

What else could I add to each OS-tan faction article to expand on it? So far there's just the members and maybe the history, and maaaaaaybe a few conjectures.

What do you think?

Bella

That sucks hard about the character limit in the posts. ><;;;;

Hmm... I would put the character bios in a separate article, linked at the end of each faction bio.

I'm not in a very writerly mood, so I don't have any suggestions about expanding on the faction articles...

Chocofreak13

maybe what each faction stands for, if anything? :\ their beliefs and/or views? :\
click to make it bigger