graverobbing~

Started by Chocofreak13, February 12, 2010, 09:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Here I was thinking Sora was about to say Australia recycled most of their waste (like Japan).

In Austin, they're on a huge recycling kick - they still have waste bins and all, but they have two recycling bins to each waste bin.  I'm sure there's folks (read: assclowns) who use all three as waste bins without bothering to sort, but it's nice to have the option to recycle be so convenient.  On topic, they also had special days where they picked up larger waste (furniture, appliances, and electronics), and on those days it wasn't uncommon to see computer stuff near the edge of every street.  I was tempted to salvage, but since I was traveling by bus... bad idea.

The Choice of a New Generation.

PizzaDrill

I bought a commodore 64 at goodwill for $5 once. now all I need is a floppy drive and a power adapter and I'll be in business.

Sora

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"Here I was thinking Sora was about to say Australia recycled most of their waste (like Japan).
Australia has yellow bins that recycling is put into, one to each garbage bin, but they are only collected once every two weeks.
Well, at least, in Brisbane they are. Other states and cities probably have different setups.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

Quote from: "PizzaDrill"I bought a commodore 64 at goodwill for $5 once. now all I need is a floppy drive and a power adapter and I'll be in business.

i got more floppy drives than i know what to do with. you're welcome to one :\

also, I HAVE BUILT SUPERCOMPUTER OUT OF JUNK. well......almost. but it's better than before (i kinda detailed it in topicless by accident) but i replaced the motherboard (now has 4 ram slots instead of 3 at the cost of 3 pci card slots instead of 5), got some new cables and such, and am working on giving it a new drive (i don't have the proper cables, but will obtain since this is a 150 gig drive)

STILL waiting on copy of win 7 and ChocOS, but it's going well so far. sadly, i can't figure out where to connect the cable for the power switch.... ;____;

and me and my best friend meliss made a shocking, disgusting discovery on friday. the box where we were raiding, um, it's supposed to be for computer recycling ONLY, but you know lazy high school students, they just throw their food wherever it's convienient (we found half a soft pretzel and a nacho cheeze cup, and that's not even the worst part), which leads to:

MAGGOTS
IN
BOX

NOT
MOVING

O________O i shit you not.
THANKFULLY we didn't actually touch them (makes me sick thinkin' about it) but upon discovery we went and got some clorox wipes for our hands.....

i'ma tell the janitor about it on monday :[
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"
Quote from: "PizzaDrill"I bought a commodore 64 at goodwill for $5 once. now all I need is a floppy drive and a power adapter and I'll be in business.

i got more floppy drives than i know what to do with. you're welcome to one :\

If you've got a commodore 64 floppy drive I'll be on that faster than a fat man on a baconator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64_peripherals#Floppy_disk_drives

I've got a bunch of normal floppy drives too though. :/

Chocofreak13

hah, you're on your own for that one. ebay, i might recomend?
click to make it bigger

PizzaDrill

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"hah, you're on your own for that one. ebay, i might recomend?

Boo. Thanks anyway :3

NejinOniwa

QuoteMAGGOTS
IN
BOX

NOT
MOVING
THIS IS HERESY
KILL IT WITH THUNDERRR
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

THIS