graverobbing~

Started by Chocofreak13, February 12, 2010, 09:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zjhentohlauedy

you won't find things like pc parts in a landfill over here. those things are quickly taken into junkshops and processed. poverty you see?

tho me and my brother do take old pcs from pretty much everyone we know. we rip them apart, take the good stuffs and throw the rest.
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

we went to the dump today and threw out the old casings. bye bye, shitty..... ;___;

on the "poverty" note, i hate this town. everywhere i look there's mercedes and lexuses and beamers and saabs. this isa podunk little town full of richie-rich types who think they own the world. my family is one of the ones that falls on the poorer end of the scale (we're not "poor", but close.)

sorry, i'm ot. anyone find any real gems by scavenging? (doesn't JUST have to be computer parts i'm talking about.

one of the compys i hacked apart gave me an 80 gig drive. :3 another gave me a stick of 512 meg ram. ^^
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

A couple hundred National Geographics from 1960-1995 and a bike.  Worst bike ever.

Xeon

A Kris. Couldn't take it though since my friends say it would be either poisoned by snake venom or just the gunk from the dump.

Them be the Velvets. They are made of Velvets and Megidolaon.

Chocofreak13

kris?

most of what i've found in the trash is computer parts, though i found a gold earring on the ground once

got 5 bucks for it. :\
click to make it bigger

xxwolfwoodxx1

I would totally do it if I knew where to do it (or had any idea wtf I was doing lol)

Chocofreak13

recently i raided the pile again, though it is less of a pile and more of a puddle these days.... (the recycling guy must have come.) however, i got 2 casings, both of which work (they're just ANCIENT.....one actually has a sticker that says "y2k compliant" xD) and i turned one into a pc for my mom. ^^

the other is a HEAVY fuker'......solid as anything, if ya know what i mean. the guy who said it was ok to take it thoght it was broken; it's just old, and they NEVER defraged it. i have since defrag'd, and it has 2k sp4 (which i might leave on there).

:3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Any good grapgics cards in there?  Like a 3dfx Voodoo5?  They are fucking looong cards with two fans on them.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

it's a SCHOOL pile......mostly 98 through the occasional XP.
click to make it bigger

zjhentohlauedy

oh wow, lots of nice stuff you get there D:
My my, aren't you lovely~

Chocofreak13

actually, it's not terrible. :3 alot of halfway decent stuff gets thrown out. it still works, it's just old.
click to make it bigger

Sora

No dumpsters where I live (Australia).
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

do they throw the garbage down the toilet? in the streets? :\
click to make it bigger

Sora

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"do they throw the garbage down the toilet? in the streets? :\

We use these.
In the case of too much garbage for the bin, we actually take it to the rubbish tip. That or leave it on the nature strip for either the council or the looters to get it.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

to be honest, there's not even a dumpster for these computers...they're in a giant (i mean you could fit several children in there) cardboard box(es) under a set of stairs in a back corner of the back of the school.
click to make it bigger