4 (100%)
Proffesional 32/64 Bit
0 (0%)
Ultimate 32/64 Bit
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 11, 2010, 02:04:26 PM

Drudicta

So how many of you Have Windows 7 and which one? do you like it? What do you like about it?

troopermax

I was able to get Windows 7 Pro through Microsoft's arrangement with my university (grad school).

I mainly love the Aero/UI improvements. The way the superbar organizes windows and Aero Peek. Aero Snap seems useful, but I haven't really had to use it yet... but then I have two monitors, so that prolly helps. Not sure I understand Aero Shake, but it doesn't bother me. More glass/transparency is fun too :D

~Troop

Bella

Never used Windows 7. Windows XP was the last Windows I used.

Silentbob

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my new main rig, got it through a contact at work for cheap.    Got XP the two other rigs I'm running atm.

Windows 7 is ok I guess, took some getting used to since I had been using XP since 2003. (Never used Vista much at all, just tried it for a week right after it was released).

Chocofreak13

i'd LIKE windows 7, but i fried the only computer that could handle it. :\

my friend is fixing the deep-fried compy, though, and has a copy of 7 at the ready. :3

anyone installed the nanami themepack? is it nice? :3
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

It is slightly unbearable. Read the thread. -.-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

JA8956 / Patrick

I have windows 7 but i don’t like to use it , feel more comfortable with vista 64bit , it isn’t so bad as the people say, I even downgrade my new notebook from Windows / to Vista 64 ultimate. Because I like the more elegant design of the taskbar.
Guess I’ll stick with vista till 2012, this time windows midori should be released. The only one thing I really want to get this year is office 2010, the beta is already superb

stewartsage

I plan to stick with nice DSL and Vista 64bit until I make my own OS.  It'll have blackjack, and hookers! In fact, forget the OS.

Roujo

I really like Windows 7! I'm running 7 Ultimate on my laptop (which is my main computer =P) and I'm loving every moment of it. =)

EDIT: How does the poll work? I tried to vote for ultimate, but my vote got cast as Home Premium... =P

Chocofreak13

Quote from: "stewartsage"I plan to stick with nice DSL and Vista 64bit until I make my own OS.  It'll have blackjack, and hookers! In fact, forget the OS.

count me in. >3

upod picking up several hard drives today, i've decided to install 7 on the big drive, provided i can find a casing for it.

any thoughts on programs i should use with it? anything bothersome i should look out for? :3
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Nothing quite I've noticed...there are some minor things and stability problems in my build, but most are either obscure and/or caused by shitloads of modding, so that's just to be expected, really (Like Oblivion crashing randomly using over 10 gigabytes worth of mod data)...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Cockleshell

home premium, preinstalled on a toshiba laptop. Feels alot like a Mac.
IS THIS BAD? D:
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

CaptBrenden

I have... one not even on the list.

Windows 7 Starter.  I have it on my new netbook. Got an Acer recently from costco and it came pre loaded with it.

As for how I like it?  Well, its taking some getting used to.. things not being where im used to them being, but im pretty happy with it so far. Biggest beef, starter doesnt allow theams.. that is, I cant change the screen saver, background, sounds, nothing. Its... that getto.

Thankfully, ill be getting home premium for free next week, along with Office 2007. My friend at MS is getting them from the co op store dirt cheap for me as a present.  I suppose I can begin to forgive her for her work on the 360 Avatars >___>
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Aurora Borealis

That's unusual- I thought the Starter edition wasn't available in the US (unless that was just the XP and Vista Starter Editions that weren't), but I'm glad it's mostly working out for you.

The only person I know IRL using Windows 7 is one of my uncles, who has been using it since the beta version. At a family reunion some time last summer, he showed me it, and I was actually impressed with its speed and stability, but I'm not familiar with how the taskbar works. That was kinda confusing.  ;013

CaptBrenden

I know lots of people using it.. then again I live less then an hour from Microsoft (and nintendo for that matter) and alot of my friends are in this play test program for MS where they go and play a game for 3 horus, tell MS what they think, and they get paid with their pick of a software title from a list ranging anywhere from games to the professional versions of OSes and productivity software.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.