Signatures on forum: Input Needed

Started by Fedora-Tan, February 06, 2010, 08:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the new forum signature standards?

They are just right
4 (100%)
Could be smaller...(post why)
0 (0%)
Could be larger...(post why)
0 (0%)
We need to do away with them completely
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 18, 2010, 02:02:44 PM

CaptBrenden

well, personally I feel 90 is restrictive as well, but I dont want to choose signature size on my own feelings.  Ive had one person express that they are fine with 90, but they would rather sigs go away.

While on the subject however, Nejin, Id like to point out as where you signature is mostly in regs (its actually too long length wise, max is 500, yours is 614) your avatar is 165 x 182 which also exceeds the 150 by 150 maximum.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Chocofreak13

i don't really like restrictions of any kind. it also raises the problem that i have a lovely collection of pics, but barely any meet the requirements. :\

*sigh* i'll just have to make my own over vacation......someone remind me puh-leeze? :3
click to make it bigger

CaptBrenden

To be clear, I'm asking for serious input here. I need to know if the bulk of the userbase either likes or dislikes the new dimensions and why.

No restrictions is never going to happen, especialy after people have proven they cant show any restraint without an enforceable size.  Since I received several complaints, now its something that has to be regulated.  

Currently its about tied and the new standards will remain.  If you want a say please chime in now.

NejinOniwa

Protip: change thread to announcement, perhaps? Draw some attention and whatnot.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

Red-Machine

Well, I think that it should be really a case-by-case basis.  Nej's avatar doesn't cause any framerapage, so I think he should be allowed to keep it.

With regard to sig sizes, I think 500x200 is acceptable; but I acknowledge that some people may find that excessive.  I'd be happy with say 500x150 if someone objected to the larger.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

CaptBrenden

Case by case doesnt work, people can claim favoritisum or descrimination. Standards have to be uniform across the board. you can go under but not over.

IanDanKilmaster

Honestly, I preferred when rules weren't so strictly enforced, but over the past year, things have become really out of control - it's absurd.

More specifically, I think it's good we have a strict policy on signatures now.  Of course, this means missing a number of the sigs I grew so attached to seeing here, but great deeds require great sacrifice, right?

I'm fine with the regulations as they are, but I think some negotiation on the dimensions would be fine (file size should stay where it is).  I just don't see why a sig needs to be much bigger than the page banner, anyway.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

i like red's dimensions. 90 seems a little ore restrictive than it ought to be. :\

this one seems a bit taller than 90px, but it's not huge. :\
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"i like red's dimensions.

WHy thank you Choco-chan. XD

NejinOniwa

Red itself is just one dimension, despite being all the others at once originally...colors are confusing. -.-;

Anyways, 150px seems like a good mark for me as well (I think I stated this already).
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

btw, how do the new polls work?  I tired to answer "They could be larger" but it kinda didn't work...

IanDanKilmaster

My guess - put a 1 next to your vote.  That's how I voted.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Red-Machine

well, I tried that, putting all the others to zeros and it didn't register my vote.  Also, I can't vote again either...