Main Menu

Chromium-Tan

Started by morugan, February 03, 2010, 08:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morugan

Edit: Chromium-Tan introduction, Art and designs removed until change of luck floats by locally. Her development relied heavily on some local people's reliability.

IanDanKilmaster

Before I go into how impressed and happy I am with this design, I would like to point out that there isn't a need to post this more than once.  This post is in the right section, but posting another one in any other section (like the one you posted under Site Management) is completely unnecessary.  Getting attention to your design isn't so hard around here, especially when the design is very good (like yours) and is very sought after (as a Chromium user, I'd really like to see a -tan).  All that having been said, let me get to the good stuff.

I really, really like your design.  Other than a couple of tips here and there, I don't have much to offer in terms of improvement.  Since I get the impression you only pasted on the Chromium icons to save time so you could present a proof-of-concept, I won't say anything other than I think the icons could stand to be a little more subtle.  As it stands (even in the concept sketches), the logos stand out too much - they should feel a little more organic.  It is Chromium-tan, but the design should speak for itself.  The color theme is terrific, I think you found a brilliant way to incorporate Chromium's default theme here - I really like it.  I don't know what you may have been trying to convey with Chromium-tan's figure, but I like that as well.  She seems pissed off... I like that too.  I don't know what to say about her personality atm, as I wouldn't know how to characterize such a personification.  I will say that if there's already a Chrome-tan and/or Safari-tan, she should have some involvement with them (Chrome-tan would be a younger sister, and I don't know about Safari-tan).  It would be interesting to somehow incorporate Incognito mode into her design, other than the obvious and rather cliche ninja concept.

TL;DR - Aside from the Chromium icons, I really like this design.

EDIT:  You'll most likely get a lot better feedback when one of our forum artists show up!

The Choice of a New Generation.

Aurora Borealis

I've seen all your concept sketches, and like the finalized design- I think it has the best elements taken from each of the concepts, and her futuristic-style dress looks awesome! ;010

I can help with getting Chromium-tan on the OS-tan wiki.

NejinOniwa

Evaluation pending, artwork and rendering quite fancy.

That said, it's a bit busy on my end, so expect no speeded reactions.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

i love it. only thing really bothering me is the first pics, why's her mouth stuck like that?
it's minor, but it's bothering me on some level. can't pinpoint it. :\

btw, BOOBIES! nipple flash yay! xD i like her hair clips too. :3 i wear my hair liek that sometimes. :3
click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

I really like her design but I don't get why she has to have the huge Chrome logo spheres on her arms! what is up with that? Anyway, overall good design really like the dress~  ;001

morugan

Feedback appreciated.

This project has 3 locals involved now, in addition to a Project to take her to Rage Expo (South Africa) via cosplay, in October.

The balls on her arms are relocation because the "Chrome"-Tan's most common design has large chrome balls in her hair, via Futaba and Pixiv.

NejinOniwa

Consider relocating them to her clothes, maybe...?

It's a bit cyborg-ish having it like that...and that kind of stuff is solely her sister Android-tan's department. -w-;

Chocofreak13

it DOES seem a little.....forced.... :\
click to make it bigger

Bella

I really like the design for Chrome-tan, arm-balls and all. I mean, after all, Sonata-tan is depcited as having rather outlandish sleeves:

I'm definitely going to do some fanart of Chrome-tan. ^^

IanDanKilmaster

Is dat sum femdom in my OSC?

NejinOniwa

Dat is sum Apple Familia in your /osc/, mah boi, and it's been there all along -w-;

Is her dress like that all the time? I don't remember those sleeves, for some reason.

Bella

I think her dress usually has those sleeves-- and I think Snow Leopard and Leopard-tan also have some variation of those puffy sleeve accents.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Dat is sum Apple Familia in your /osc/, mah boi, and it's been there all along -w-;

I noticed that.  What I'm talking about... well just notice the -kun in the corner there.

I'm sure it's been here for awhile, but I don't make a habit of browsing the galleries unless there's a random image on the front page that catches my eye.

On topic - Sonata-tan's sleeves work because they're not screaming "Hi, I'm Mac OS 9!", but more importantly, the design element reflects her personality.  To echo a point made by Choco, the ball sleeves on Chromium-tan feel kinda forced.  Of course, I guess my suggestion isn't incredibly productive as morugan seems more interested in ideas on her personality and personal history, of which I am currently at a loss.

NejinOniwa

You have a point on that...good clearance, or something. -w-; The Chromium design is a bit like all those early Vis-/ 7-tans that just kept screaming out their name as much as they could with their designs...icky. >_>

And now I see it. But well, I guess that's part of La Familia too...

...PoW's. -w-