Main Menu

More IBM-tans

Started by stewartsage, January 11, 2010, 06:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

ah, yes, that picture seems to fit her personality perfectly. -w-
though i must say, my favourite out of all the ones up there is UNIXWARE-tan. ^^
click to make it bigger

Paul

Absolutely no objections from my side, great design! ^_^
Maybe her hair should be black, considering the fact that virtually all IBM machines are black.

Chocofreak13

that's a good point, but i think we've seen a couple that weren't raven-haired. it could also depend on her personality. (but that says black hair too, lol xD)
click to make it bigger

Bella

Unixware, eh? I'm partial to IRIX in that image.

It's interesting that you'd pick black hair for AIX, since most of the IBM-tans are black (or silver) haired and I've speculated that's something of an ethnic trait among their kind. ^^

Chocofreak13

could be, since families ofter share this sort of thing (dark brown hair runs in my family, for example, and blue eyes were a common trait in my mum's family :3).

i wonder where HT-tan would fall into all of this, since if we're talking genetics then she would have passed along brown hair. :\
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

OS-tans within a family don't always share hair colors, though some run within families to an extent- look at the Windows-tans and their various hair colors (though many are green or blue-haired), the Apple-tans (Apple I has brown hair, Apple II blonde, III red-brown, the early Macs have dark color or black hair, later Classics have blonde and then there's their step-sisters the OSXs and their various colors...). And then there's the BSD-tans, who all look completely different but are sisters. Just saying there are some exceptions to the rule.

Chocofreak13

like in any family. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Not to mention the fact that AIX is a Unix, NOT a classic "Big Iron" OS-tan - the ethnic IBMs (think DOS/, BOS/, TOS/ and OS/360, IBSYS, BESYS, UMES and GMOS, plus the other IBM mainframe hardware-tans/-kuns). But dark hair runs in the Unix family too - black, purple and blue being the most common.

Now, the MIT-tans, there's a race with a lot of hair colour variation ... black (mostly via Whirlwind and LINC), red (CTSS) and dark purple (Multics), blonde (PDP-1 and -10, common among DEC-tans) and brown (common among the "MIT-descended IBM-tans" - which really only consists of SAGE and SABRE and CP/CMS).

TL;DR, do as you wish - hair and skin colour aren't really a concern in the OS-taneverse since it's assumed all OS-tans are made with human engineering and can therefor be modified any physical way they wish. Heck, even species variation is fare game - look at all the -tans with avian, feline and canine features.

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Paul

If I can really do as I wish ...I pick green as the hair colour :D (The AIX 7 logo is green, white and blue)
Not that many green-haired -tans out there whereas we have quite a lot of dark haired ones.

Bella

Quote from: Paul on March 10, 2011, 07:16:22 AM
If I can really do as I wish ...I pick green as the hair colour :D (The AIX 7 logo is green, white and blue)
Not that many green-haired -tans out there whereas we have quite a lot of dark haired ones.

Now we're talking. It's always a good idea to pick something different... bold... and if it happens to tie in with a logo, all the better. :^D

Chocofreak13

how about dark green? then it fits the mysterious side, too. 8)
click to make it bigger

Paul

Hmm, the AIX logo is quite a light green...
Though I don't mind if it's dark... :)

btw, maybe AIX-tan could have an AIX hairclip or something like that? It would also be cool if there was a "POWER" lettering somewhere on her body (AIX runs exclusively on POWER CPUs)

Bella

....how about two-toned dark green with light green highlights? .w.

Tattoos are fun, not too many -tans have them though. (Multics has a labyrinth mark on the V of her chest and VOS-tan has wing tattoos... those are the only inked OS-tans I know of.)

Paul

....how about two-toned dark green with light green highlights? .w.
AGREED :D

Tattoos are fun, not too many -tans have them though. (Multics has a labyrinth mark on the V of her chest and VOS-tan has wing tattoos... those are the only inked OS-tans I know of.)
Hmm, I wasn't even thinking of a tattoo, but rather a lettering on her suit. But I find that idea highly appealing.