This must be Back to the Future...

Started by coldReactive, January 05, 2010, 09:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Aurora Borealis

That is AWESOME! After years of hanging in corporate limbo with little being done with it, it is so great to see the Amiga make a comeback, and like the original Amiga, the new one is very advanced too! :D

NejinOniwa

Aside from the lack of DDR3 memory (why the HELL use DDR2 these days? >_>), this is a blast.

And a custom-programmable CPU?
Quite literally, within the bounds of the hardware itself, the possibilities are endless.
A NEW RENAISSANCE HAS ARRIVED! An old force given new life! Will the Amigans conquer? THIS CALLS FOR ACTION ON THE PROPAGANDA SIDE, /osc/. FORTH!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

At the risk of sounding like a dumbarse, what OS does it run? AmigaOS, or does it come w/o any preinstalled OS?

NejinOniwa

Well, it did seem interconnected with a boatload of AmigaOS4 development things, so I'm guessing that, but hey, who knows?

Red-Machine

Maybe the Windows Haegemony will be challenged at last.  Lol, I actually suggested this as a comic idea and it could come true!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Hey, comicing this would make some quite rad propagandery, so why not?

Bella

Quote from: "Red-Machine"Maybe the Windows Haegemony will be challenged at last.  Lol, I actually suggested this as a comic idea and it could come true!

Being one of the few practicing wannabe-mangaka here at OSC, I may have to take up that challenge. >:3

Just have to figure out a storyline... hmm... how about Amiga and OS/2 and Multics-sama band together and decide to topple the Windows emmmmmmpire!! Muwa, muwhahahaha~! ^O^

stewartsage

They're going to need Harrison Ford's help....

I just remember I read once, I can't remember what it was about though "I thought we all decided that Amiga won"

Raffaele the Amigan

Yes! News about AmigaONE X1000 release are very important Amiga News, but it is just the TOP OF THE ICEBERG...  ;001

Read for a more exhaustive Amiga News thread here:

http://www.ostan-collections.net/viewtopic.php?t=1156
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]