little help? :[

Started by Chocofreak13, March 17, 2009, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

please note before reading: i'm no tech-idiot.

i have two files in.swf format. i'm a little hazy on how i got them, but i'm trying to convert them to MPEG4 (for my ipod). so far no converter has worked (at least no free one).

the swf files are originally from 4chan's flash section, the sage man game and adventure quest flashes to be exact. barely know how i got them, can't open them, can't convert them.

help please? i'll load the files here too (i DO love that feature. :] )

[attachment deleted by admin]
click to make it bigger

Sora

E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Sora

Note: have you tried opening the files in your browser? It won't help you convert them but a browser doesn't have copyright protocols so it should open just about anything.
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Sora

Note no. 2: Sometimes you have to convert a file though a third medium, like, say, GIF.

IanDanKilmaster

Hmmm, I remember her asking this question elsewhere... I think she resolved it.  In any case, I did manage to convert AdventureQuest... sans watermarks as well (I'll attach it in an archive format if desired).

From what I was able to understand, converting an .swf is very much unlike converting any other video format.  Namely, you aren't really "converting" the file, only recording it in another format.

.swf isn't even a video format, sure you can make videos with it, but it's more like a container for a set of interactive vector images.  Since none of the other container formats (.mp4, .mkv, .wmv, etc.) can be used for vectors or interactive elements, you can see why "conversion" is a problem.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Sora

Yeah, it's kinda betta to think of it as a game file format.