Microsoft aims their shotgun at... The NEWS!

Started by coldReactive, November 23, 2009, 08:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Sigh.
And I didn't think Murdoch could do any worse.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

IanDanKilmaster

You mean that I now have an absolutely legitimate reason to not use Bing, while also automatically having the stupid shit filtered out of my google searches?

Wow, two birds with one stone, thanks Murdoch and Microsoft!

The Choice of a New Generation.

Sora

I reckon that this will be similar to when content filters are put in place: proxies go up, good websites provide loopholes around filters/legal block.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

IanDanKilmaster

There's not a lot to be concerned with really, MS has yet to confirm or deny any involvement with News Corp.  Of course, even if there is anything going on it remains to be seen how it could affect the general populace.  Unless you absolutely must crawl a News Corp owned "news" source, it doesn't really matter a whole helluva lot.

Still, there is a bit of a negative implication here, if other news sites and/or other search providers were to follow suit - that could be a problem.

The Choice of a New Generation.

maica22010

This dosen't surprise me considering it's coming from Microsoft and we all know their history, but it looks more like an issue of net neutrality on an infinitley smaller scale since most of us that even care about the news wouldnt go to the internet if we wanted to know what the major providers had to say.