Apple Patents "Enforceable" Ad Viewing On Devices

Started by coldReactive, November 16, 2009, 10:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Oh, hell's bells.... they better not implement that, I hope it's just a matter of patenting it before someone else thinks of it (ie, Microsoft).

Somehow, I think the userbase would riot if they DID use it.

Aurora Borealis

^And that's why I think it's going to fail miserably. I hope.

coldReactive

Yeah, I actually don't mind, since I use linux, it means linux can't use it without paying Apple.

NejinOniwa

Why the hell would they use it in the first place? It's LINUX, not some shitty third-rate OS.

Red-Machine

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  When it comes to Linux, I am not a beholder.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

coldReactive

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Why the hell would they use it in the first place? It's LINUX, not some shitty third-rate OS.

Ubuntu and Canonical seem to be going in this direction though with their... "Software Center."

Also, GNOME Shell is a step back.

Bella

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"Why the hell would they use it in the first place? It's LINUX, not some shitty third-rate OS.

Nothing makes OSX any better or worse than Linux-- they're both Unixes for god sake. Not unlike Windows which (in almost all cases) is a lesser OS. I do support the "culture" surrounding Linux more than I do OSX, mostly because it's small developers and companies that would never think of screwing around with the userbase, unlike Apple, which is a big corporation and liable to all the evils of big corporations.

The only reason I like Apple so much is that so far they've been the only big competition to M$ in the home computer market. And the enemy of my enemy is certainly my friend.

maica22010

while it all seems interesting in theory part of me has to wonder if if it's even legal... Ahhh well I got windows 7 and if microsoft takes this up (which wouldnt surprise me) I'll just go back to linux.

d4m4s74

if apple patents this, how the hell is google going to sell their ad-viewing-station disguised as a netbook?

Sora

NO.
HECK NO.
THEY CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!
Heck, any OS that DOESN'T use this system will become super-popular, even if it sucks.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa