PROJECT: NO TAN LEFT BEHIND (NTLB)

Started by Chocofreak13, October 31, 2009, 11:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

so i'm browsing the wiki yesterday (well ok 3 am this morning) and i noticed something:

THERE'S A RE-DON-Q-LOSS AMOUNT OF -TANS W/O PICS.

and plenty more w/o full size pics; they just have he sute lil' thumb drawings for the wiki.

So's i tink to myself, i tink that we oughta make some art for deh so-called "fergotten" tans.

at least one pic for each. one full-sized, head-to-foot pic.

it's gonna be an ordeal, but it'll be worth it to preserve their memory. >:3

who's with me!? >:3
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Which ones do you have listed? I'd say that most of the OSC-made characters do have full-body, or at least chibi pics, but they're most likely hidden in the user galleries. Tell me which characters, and I'll try to find them for you.

Or if you're referring to characters that don't have any full-body depiction--only a chibi form-- then there are a lot of them in that predicament since it's easier and quicker to debut a character in chibi form, especially if it's a tentative, preconcept design.

Chocofreak13

i mean just going through the wiki, IDing every -tan, and matching them up w/ a pic of some sort. :3

they way you say it, it'll be easier than i though. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Check out the user galleries are some of the OS-tan centric DevArt galleries, I'm sure you'll find a lot of -tans you didn't even know existed (or that existed in drawing form). :)

Chocofreak13

we need to catalogue them....like, put in wiki tiem.....
click to make it bigger

OS Freak

I'm for it too. Sadly I can't help much. That's why I asked Choco about a Home Server and FLPC Tan for their OS representation. But the wiki does hold info about some that may not have a reasonable sized picture. Then again, some may be unique or user only designs like Aurora says so it might be difficult. Also cataloging them all like Bella says would be slightly difficult. Also a design needs a concensus of aproval, it's not the first one you make at random, thou that'll fall in the fan art section Hmmmm. My FLPC uggly sketch should go there but I never uploaded it. It was linked from Imageshack. But Yes I stand and give my vote to Choco to not let them be hidden. As I pursue mine I pursue others.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

stewartsage

I can't log into the Wiki, otherwise I'd like to at least put up articles for some of the newer vintage-tans.

Chocofreak13

wow, necropost much? anyhoo, thanks for support.

if i help, it'll be during summer when i have time.
click to make it bigger

OS Freak

Oh yeah! summer time! I work a lot so I don't have spare time during the day and my only free day in the weeks I spend it on internet, games and other computer related stuff.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "stewartsage"I can't log into the Wiki, otherwise I'd like to at least put up articles for some of the newer vintage-tans.

Until you are able to, you could type up your articles in this thread and I'll put them in the wiki for you.

Dr. Kraus

I would love to help with this!
I'm a new member here but I have much experience with computers and the what not! So, if I can i would love to help out on this project!

Bella

Mah boi! We look forward to seeing what designs you might come up with. ^.^

stewartsage

Hooray! We need all the help we can get!

Chocofreak13

after anime boston, i'll have moar tiem. sorry. ^^;
click to make it bigger

tan-1

wow wish i could help but my drawings so basic compared to the os-tans