Main Menu

IE-tan

Started by Chocofreak13, October 31, 2009, 02:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sora

Unfortunately I am required to ban myself from this conversation, as I am an extremely biased Firefox-tan supporter.
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

i foudn the original pic of IE-tan i referenced from. it's in the "soul-reply.net" thread
click to make it bigger

Tenkohime

The first one I remember seeing of them had IE in a fanservicey skirt shaped like an "e" with the letter's curves forming the skirt's slit. I've also seen this one...
http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2010-02-20-248041.jpeg

Chocofreak13

d'awww, that's so cute!! ^^

if yo can find a pic of the one you described first that'd be nice. :3
any thoughts on browser-tan's depiction?
click to make it bigger

Tenkohime

Chocofreak, I looked, but I couldn't find the e-skirt one.

Anyway, I see the early IE-tan as a well meaning and adventurous girl, who is also very stupid, accidentally flashes folks, and possibly "adventurous" in a "if you know what you mean" way.

I see the newer IE-tan as someone with a similar personality, but smarter, but probably still "adventurous." XD She's the 2K to the old one's ME.

Bella

OT: But Tenkohime, are you a certain someone from dA? ^^

zjhentohlauedy

hmm i always get this problem with IE. whenever i use it for like 3 hours straight, sooner or later it's gonna start opening tabs non stop for half an hour.

mozilla crashes a lot on my weak pc at the office.

so i end up with google chrome. now i have it at home too and i dunno. i guess i like chrome cuz i'm a pretty simple user D:

anyways regarding an IE tan..

for one i still don't know why firefox looks like that.. i mean she's a fox cuz it's named fire fox?

if that's the case then wouldn't Internet "Explorer" look like an explorer?
My my, aren't you lovely~

Gussy Keniji

Eh, IE is okay for me, sometimes she crashes sometimes she's stable. I've heard some folks prefer Firefox because it's 'better' than IE then I turn around and see folks who complain that Firefox crashes on them ALOT more than IE does. I suppose it just depends on your preferance...

Anyway back to IE-tan

QuoteAnyway, I see the early IE-tan as a well meaning and adventurous girl, who is also very stupid, accidentally flashes folks, and possibly "adventurous" in a "if you know what you mean" way.

I see the newer IE-tan as someone with a similar personality, but smarter, but probably still "adventurous." XD She's the 2K to the old one's ME.
This is pretty much how I see IE-tan as well, maybe acting as a older sister to the earlier IE tans. I want to say the the newer IE-tan can also try to 'teach' the earlier variants (seeing as to how they're rather dense) but I'm not sure if it works...

Seems like it would though.

"Wut..."

Chocofreak13

i'm going with soul-reply's depction. and as for the "explorer" motif, safari's already got that one down pat.

soul described IE as what i posted.

anyone use opera? it's what i use at school, and i may start using it at home as well. ^^
click to make it bigger

Sora

Firefox is actually the common name of the red panda. But yes, she's a fox-girl due to the fox in her name.
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

Chocofreak13

i did a report and made 3 sculptures (one died) of red pandas. however, i believe "firefox' can also be a reference to japanese mythology, as many kitsune have fire-like powers, including the ability to control will o' the wisps (references were made in pokemon ruby and sapphire, with vulpix and ninetails being able to learn a fire move call "will o wisp"), and also "a line of fox fire" has also been used to refer to a vixen's wedding.

but enough with the history lesson. i will bring up the soul-reply pics upon request, but i like the e-skirt reference.
click to make it bigger

Sora

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"i did a report and made 3 sculptures (one died) of red pandas. however, i believe "firefox' can also be a reference to japanese mythology, as many kitsune have fire-like powers, including the ability to control will o' the wisps (references were made in pokemon ruby and sapphire, with vulpix and ninetails being able to learn a fire move call "will o wisp"), and also "a line of fox fire" has also been used to refer to a vixen's wedding.

but enough with the history lesson. i will bring up the soul-reply pics upon request, but i like the e-skirt reference.
I read Mozilla's website. THEY say Firefox is a reference to the red panda, not me.

Tenkohime

Quote from: "Bella"OT: But Tenkohime, are you a certain someone from dA? ^^
I'm Tenko72 on dA. :)

Back on topic... I remember seeing a lot of red panda!Firefox-ko back in the day. Now, I can only find one. I like the red panda design better, because I'm a stickler when it comes to animals.

As far as browsers in general go, what about Chrome?

And back to IE, I got reminded of this elsewhere, but some sites, like online games, will refuse to launch if you use browsers other than IE. IDK what effect that'd have for her. I can only think of her as a clubber and the sites as exclusive clubs.

NejinOniwa

That usually only happened way back, though...I can't say I've had that happen to me in well over two years. Then again, the clubber thing might make sense...and she's all mad at fx-ko for stealing her way in. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

hmm, that also lends itself to the promiscuity....

and sora, i'm not challenging your statement. i'm just adding in possible other references for "firefox".

hmm, chrome has a -tan doesn't she?
click to make it bigger