Nimi Visuals

Started by coldReactive, August 19, 2009, 07:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldReactive

http://mynimi.net/

Basically, Compiz for Windows.

Might not work well (and may have serious problems) in Vista and Windows 7.

.NET 2.0 core
.NET 3.5 GPU

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

Well Compiz is a GNU program that emulates the look of an Apple desktop (e.g. the dock, shiny widgets).  It also takes 3D compositing to the next step with some pretty flashy effects (e.g. spinning workspace change).  It's the app linux-proselytizers use when showing off to their classmates or roommates or whoever else probably shouldn't be using linux to begin with.  It's really fun eye candy, but you need a pretty good setup to use it.

Looks like MyNimi has some additional options, which is pretty cool.  It might only be  a matter of time before Apple sends them a cease-and-desist like they've done with other apps before it.

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Sigh. Software corporations these days.

Why, crApple, why?

Smokey

I lost faith in Apple since they started using *shiver* Intel processors...

"Think different", my ass...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Aurora Borealis

Same here, mostly. My main computer now is my MacBook and it works great for me and I like it except for the fact that it's an Intel Mac.

But I really dislike Apple's recent business practices and App Store policies- I mean that stupid Shaking Baby app got accepted in the first place but not apps made by Google; and there was even a brilliantly-made, fully licensed and legal C64 emulator app for the iPhone that rejected for no good reason!

NejinOniwa

Aurora Borealis

Those sound like good explanations, Ian! XD

But I heard that jailbreaking iPhones has some major risks to it. :(

AAAAAUGH! Dang it, Nejin! You Rickroll'd me AND made me lose The Game! >_<

NejinOniwa

NEVER STOPS BEING FUNNY. >:3

Smokey

Whahahahahahaha!!!!!

Good one, fellow Evil-doer... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^