What are you allergic to, and what are you addicted to?

Started by coldReactive, August 14, 2009, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

I'm addicted to tea- I drink at least three cups of tea a day! I know of caffeine addiction because my brother is addicted to it and acts grumpy-- or grumpier than usual when going through caffeine withdrawal.

Smokey

well an old classmate of mine was also officially addicted to caffeine... Diagnosed by a doctor and all...

I'm not, weirdly...Even though i can drink tons and tons of coffee and cola... I am however very nitpicky about my cappuchinos though  ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

A true gentlemEEHN drinks hideous amounts of tea.
Not that I'm one of those, but I guess the demon overlord does so as well by default, so meh.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

true, true...
I have to say, too, that caffeine has lost it's effect on me after two months of IT-school
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Those tiny amounts of caffeine never had any effects to start with anyway ->-

Aurora Borealis

It doesn't take much caffeine to make me energetic and hyper. It also keeps me focused! Just this morning I had a Starbucks Double Shot coffee and I was able to stay focused on my artwork for almost 4 hours straight!

Otherwise it's hard for me to stay focused even when I have all day to work on my projects- I'm such a procrastinator partly because... another of my addictions is the website TV Tropes!

BTW, should I rename this thread to "What are you allergic to and what are you addicted to?"

Smokey

yeah, some threads are waaaaaaay too specific... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

Okay then! I updated the title so we're still on-topic! :)

Alex S

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"It doesn't take much caffeine to make me energetic and hyper. It also keeps me focused!

Somehow, "hyper" and "focused" don't seem to fit together in my world.

On topic, I am allergic to peanuts and tree nuts, although this usually isn't a problem given I don't like them. Exceptions are Nutella and toffee.

NejinOniwa

What I meant was that the caffeine in coffee, red bull etc has no actual effect, it just triggers the placebo which in turn acts as it "thinks" caffeine should, e.g. boosting adrenaline output.

Lawl'd.

Chocofreak13

i say literally when i mean the withdrawl symptoms--fatigue, blinding headache, wooziness, grumpiness, a general feeling of not being able to move (like a rusted puppet).

hideous amounts of tea you say? OwO
there was a day when i was running around the mall with friends, and got maybe 20 free samples of a store's rooibos chai. SOOOOO good. xD (it was funny, i was literally running out in the middle of a conversation to get more tea. xD )
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

it has a hint of cinnamon...which i don't get much anymore, since that incident at the zoo. o____o;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

??Incident?? Interesting...

Anyways, we usually have some 9-10 different sorts of tea, and we have a tea and coffee store in town wich sells specialty teas and coffees, but i prefer a simple Mint Ceylon blend...

Wich reminds me, i should get a bag of that Ethiopian coffee again...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Aurora Borealis

I don't know what kind of tea I usually have-- it's just described as some sort of iced tea (I'll have to look closely on the package next time)-- but I've also tried Kukicha green tea and I think it's delicious especially when served hot.