Teacher, leave the Linux kids alone! (Linux confiscated)

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, December 22, 2008, 03:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notsonoble

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"

LEARN TO BE TOLERANT PEOPLE

The problem is she's a teacher in a school where children are taught how to use computers. This is something she should know before continuing to teach.

Tolerance is fine against the average joe, but teachers have no excuse none, nada, zip.

Which is why the american school system is so far behind (btw, I went to several, and work for an american school...)

That said, it's not stupidity so much as ignorance, and no she need not be a linux guru, but she should have enough information to ask for a copy (first trick to see if kid is handing out what he says he is) and put that in a machine she has access to, and check it.

Aurora Borealis

I'm American and am very fortunate to go to a public school that is NOT totally f***ed up. Schools like that are far and few in between but still do exist!

Software piracy is so bad these days that I can understand her suspicions towards people giving out any kind of software but she shouldn't have just confiscated it right away. She should have checked kind of it was, to see that Linux distributions can legally be given away for free.

NejinOniwa

Pirates will rule the internet within 10 years. We seem to be going strong out of me porrrt, yarr!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

That's all fine and dandy, but I think this thread ran its course some time ago.  Given that it's old news, everyone in favor of a closing?

*raises hand*

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Me hands be full, but I raise 'em full o' scimitars and cannonballs, yarr!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Mario

^ I'm with NejinOniwa. ^

Nowaday, most  hackers are getting better at disowning M$, no matter how fresh. Of course, I'm a ex-hacker - sure, I hate M$, but they're bound to have two choices; Open the Windows, or they would be sailing in the sea filled with pirates. It's bound to happen anyways, like what any of you guys learnt in American history: Tyrant give rise to rebellion, then to war.

Arr, ye matey! Me hand be filled with cannonballs and rums!
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

Aurora Borealis