I think I know how to start an Os-tan related Visual Novel

Started by galiant609, April 06, 2009, 09:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiso

Well... the list is being kept short on OSes. MajesticS is avoiding having too many of them being featured as it would make the story (probably) too big to handle... not to mention it would be taking one heck of a long time to get it done. So... for now... the only OSes that are going to appear are only those that appear in the "framework" document that was posted earlier.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Aurora Borealis

And since the vast majority of the OS-tans in the story are Windows-tans, that's why I was in favor of 'Aoishima' for the location! ;006

icerain

How about mention but not appearance of other OSes? lol
Aioshima really is fine...
What kind of VN will this be?
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Sora

If this story is going to be focused on the OS-tans, shouldn't the location name be the name of a piece of hardware/software, or a B.I.O.S. name? Like Hard Drive island, Server Island, wysiwyg island?
E 123 \'Omega\': Eggman detected. Begin annihilation sequence.
Miles \'Tails\' Prowler: No, Omega, Eggman is our friend!
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

Hm. Good call. (seems like someone's done their lurking -w-)

Dunno about the liveliness of this project, much things around here has gone far into the zombie zone lately...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kiso

Hmm... although that makes sense in some logical way, I am not sure if it would be the most appropriate name for an island... or even a city. I still think it should be some reference to the OS-tan meme though. I haven't beeen able to think a lot about it since classes are begining to chew at my time. *hates that damn history class and its time-consuming effort to make me remember the past*
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Sora

It can't be PC island because Mac-tan and Linux-tan are there...
CPU island?
E 123 \'Omega\': Small forest creature has gone mad. Suggest immediate termination.

NejinOniwa

Or we could pull a SEED on it and make ourselves an acronym, and/or just pull something out of our asses.

Like OSS/Oz island (Operative Systems Storage) or somewhat.

Sora

Oh! Why don't we make up a company that makes the hardware for the V.R. systems, and name the island after it?
You know, suppose the company owns the island and is based there?
OH OH OH! That would explain why the hackers are there... at the centre of knowledge! (and resistance)

Kiso

Yeah... wouldn't have be the "Futaba Corporation" we mentioned earlier? lol

NejinOniwa

We've been here before haven't we -w-;

Added after 36 seconds:

This last page shows pretty well that we DON'T know how to start this project up, because we're too damn INDECISIVE, the lot of us.

>_>

(or, like me, just don't care about VN's at all)

Sora

Sora

17 day's later... where are people? Come on, ideas! We need a flow of ideas!

Ragenule

What about 'Sea-moss Island'?

Is the protagonist's name figured already? If not, can I suggest "Korey" for a first name? One site claims it means "god's peace", another said it meant "ravine". I found it when randomly typing names.
Dreaming in Digital,
Living in Realtime,
Thinking in Binary,
Talking in IP,
Welcome to our world!

Sora