Proposal for Our site Official TAN

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, March 24, 2009, 05:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteWhy are all of yours religious?

Wha?  The only one I noticed was the last one (the crucifix), perhaps I'm not paying close enough attention.

I'm just curious as to why OSC-tan has to be fashionable?  Not that I'm necessarily opposed to her having fashion - I just don't know what that has to do with OSC.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "Red_Machine"Why are all of yours religious?

It is only Chrissie wearing a chain with a cross...

(P.S. I must redraw her just a little in some details)

Marika wears a zip-shirt with Windows logo, maybe it was a gift of Microsoft to a certain number of resellers...

You will notice it if/when I will made a color version of the sketch...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Smokey

I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

I'M FEELING SO DEAD NOW I COULD JUST DROP

So therefore I'll make another sketchy. Expect upload by tomorrow.

And hey guys, if we don't want to make this a solo show - those of you who have ideas but don't want to draw, SIMPLY POST THEM UP. eg. like svx said, "Give her cat ears, miniskirt and hueg bottle o' booze". So in spirit of that statement I will now draw an OSC-tan with cat ears, miniskirt and bottles of booze. Rawr. Phear me when I am tired, for my limiters are asleep. >:3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

svx

I haev removed Nejin's... limiter...

<3 cat-eared miniskirt-wearing booze-chugging anime girls!

Chocofreak13

gah, i sorry, kimono and yes.
von daab i love yours but does this site have alot of memory? huge tits?

here's mine......not that great. i did 4:

first (and only one currently in color)
age: late teens, early 20's (looks young, loli lawl xD )
hair: burgendy (note the ME-style cowlick)
eyes: haven't decided yet, any ideas?
profession: college student/artist

rarely leaves house, reason for slippers. lives with dog (and spyware program) scotty. younger (and more intelligent) sister of 4chan-kun.
cute at first glance, but sarcastic and firey and passionate and nerdy. spends most of her time at the computer.

2 and 3. didn't put too much into these, 2 is basically the same as one, but a tad more "grown-up". 3 is just the opposite: a scruffy little street kid who still survives, despite the odds. (go us! go little site! go! )
2:
hair: burgendy
eyes:??
profession: college student

3:
hair: brown
eyes: green?
profession: street urchin/pack leader

4 is one of the better ones, i put some thought into her.
she wears a kimono (japanese element of the os-tans), but has blonde hair (most of us are of european desent, (sp?) and the site itself is hosted in france)
her hairstyle is based off nejin's. xD
and the kimono is a golden color w/ blue-green obi (based off the kimono i'm making right now)

*braces for criticism impact*
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Let's see a combo of 1 and 4...
4 looks okay, but i don't see the randomness/fanaticism we get around here...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

The "FIGHT!" thing out of the first one is pretty fitting, I've gotta say... -w-

Aurora Borealis

I like your first one the best, Chocofreak! I like her eccentric appearance and fiery craziness! ;010

VonDaab

Quotevon daab i love yours but does this site have alot of memory? huge tits?
I'm not really sure how much server space OSC requires, but I think it is some. Not that I'd really decide it by that.
It's to get some "attractiveness" points by Raffaels standards.

Does the character really need the "randomness"?
I mean, we're not 4chan.

#1 is pretty much made from the same Geek basis thats been discussed here?
Spyware dog huh? Why's that?
#4 is sort of generic, nothing really stands out in that design.

I'm not good at giving critique...

Smokey

the (bit of ) randomness ir because of the OT....
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

From all we've said here it seems the geekish persona is the most popular for the OSC-tan, rite?

Aurora Borealis

Here's my design:

She wears a jacket like in Nejin's design but her jacket has a seifuku collar to it. I really liked the floppy disk motif on VonDaab's schoolgirl design so I added that in. I tried to give her sort of a funky + geek-chic look to her design.

Personality-wise, I think OSC-tan is hyper and prone to randomness but is very geeky. She is highly knowledgeable about computers from repairing them to knowing a lot about computer history. She's also an OS-tan historian and anthropologist, keeping several volumes of information related to the OS-tans.

NejinOniwa

So, I never got around to drawing that yesterday...this morning...whatever. So I did it now instead. As I was randomly browsing around for shit I also found something really useful: 50 Expressions. Pretty useful for a not-quite-expert-level sketcher like myself (i finally stopped doing those huegass stupid-looking eyes. Man.) if you're looking for something to use as reference material.

ANYWAY HERE IT EES:

Anyway, the Osc floppy is a damn sure-kill technique, so I copypaste'd. (not really but yeah). And I was too lazy to draw her legs so I hid them under a table. Which I hid under a tablecloth. And there weren't any cat ears...she did get some weirdo whatever-hair things. AND LOTS OF BOOZE. Some is consumed already, which I hope you can see.

No editing because my family causes a damn blackout here for Earth Hour.

Later.

IanDanKilmaster

QuoteDoes the character really need the "randomness"?
I mean, we're not 4chan.

It would appear that we're (and maybe Raffael and Capt-sama) the only ones who think that shouldn't be incorporated into the design, but I guess randomness here is like rape in prison - fight all you want but someone will make it happen.

So that aside, I do like the recent crop of designs.  I know you want some specifics, but I'd rather wait until we're closer to some prototype to offer design ideas.  The variety continues... good!

The Choice of a New Generation.