another site -tan: Trope-tan

Started by Schol-R-LEA, March 16, 2009, 08:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schol-R-LEA

Since I am new here, I don't know how appropriate this is, but since you have Wikipe-tan, Google-tan, Something Awful-tan (I would have expect her to be 'Goon-tan', but not everybody knows that SAers are called goons, and it's not a very cute name anyway) here, and it is the obligation of every new poster to a forum to make an ass of him/herself, I am hereby mentioning the existence of the tan for TvTropes.org - Trope-tan.

OK, I'll confess: a large part of why I joined the group is because no one had mentioned her here before AFAICT. *shrug* Oh, well. Not sure if that particular wiki is big enough to get you're attention, but since my fellow tropers came up with her, I figured you may want to know.

Alex S

That's ok, I joined the forum to start the Calcu-tans thread, which needs help.

On topic, I've never heard of this -tan before, but there's a lot of OS-tan and other related topics I haven't heard of before.  Is this a fan-created -tan or a canon -tan?

Nuker

Quote from: "Schol-R-LEA"Since I am new here, I don't know how appropriate this is, but since you have Wikipe-tan, Google-tan, Something Awful-tan (I would have expect her to be 'Goon-tan', but not everybody knows that SAers are called goons, and it's not a very cute name anyway) here, and it is the obligation of every new poster to a forum to make an ass of him/herself, I am hereby mentioning the existence of the tan for TvTropes.org - Trope-tan.

OK, I'll confess: a large part of why I joined the group is because no one had mentioned her here before AFAICT. *shrug* Oh, well. Not sure if that particular wiki is big enough to get you're attention, but since my fellow tropers came up with her, I figured you may want to know.

Ah, yes. I know TV Tropes. Awesome site. I wonder why I didn't find out about Trope-tan until now... thanks for the information! ^^

Alexs S: considering that she has been created by the same people who work on the site... technically she's more "Official" than the win-tans :P

Tenkohime

I knew about Trope-tan, since I lurk that site so hard! XD I'm surprised she was never brought up before.

Aurora Borealis

Same here! I can spend so much time browsing TV Tropes! o_o

stewartsage

It was noted, and filed, one day while browsing the Trope kingdom.  There's also Encyclopedia Dramatica-tan somewhere....

NejinOniwa

Duly noted and thrown away in some archive way back ago.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

THIS SHIT JUST THREW ME ON A WIKIWALK OF 4 HOURS. WHAT THE HELL.

stewartsage

You should exercise caution in such matters...

NejinOniwa

Bella

Haha, I had no idea there was a TV Tropes-tan. :D

TV Tropes is such an addictive site! I think XKCD summed it up as.... "like being rickroll'd, except you're stuck there all day"

stewartsage

Which is why I have studiously avoided going there at any point during this discussion.