Share Your Tech :)

Started by svx, March 08, 2009, 03:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svx

What kinds of gaming setups/gadgets do you guys run?  Consoles, televisions, handhelds, etc.

I've got a non-slim-type PS2 with a 60GB HDD.  Initially for the load times, but now, I'm up for the fansubbed versions of the J-RPGS like Valkyrie Profile (if I had a Dualshock I...).  Seems that the English voice actors are getting worse and worse...

It runs HD Loader through Free MCBOOT on a memory card as an exploit.

An old 46"(?) Toshiba TV runs it through S-Video.  1080P?  Nahh, man...  Nah, I don't need HDMI.  Said while I glare at my check book.   ;020
For laughs, also have an old Sega Genesis with a Sega CD and a 32X.  It's trippy to look at this thing.

Uhn... My PSP is my fav.  Take it everywhere.  Why not?  It's a SONY!

My computer's pretty outdated now.  An Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, an nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 video card, and running on an Asus M7N8X-E Wifi Delux mobo.  RAID 0 (striping) between two WDC WD5000KS 500GB hard drives is the most appealing thing I've got here probably.  I run Gentoo.  Last time I ran Windows was to have a glance at FEAR 2; felt disappointment with that game.

Also running through a $25 Dell P1130 CRT.  My Viewsonic's flyback fried about a year ago.

NejinOniwa

Like the computer thread, but expanded version, huh...

Oh well.
Consoles owned are one old-school GBA (broken d-pad, sadly), one REALLY OLD-SCHOOL black, fat gameboy (and miraculously fully functional), one NES (I gotta get it back from my brother before he forgets it's actually mine thou) and a Gamecube. Semi-nintentard, meh, works for me. Nothing cracked anywhere on that part, since the older aren't crackable and the Cube is impossible to burn new games for even if you managed to crack it (reverse data burn nintendo, you're a genius for coming up with that!).
GC is connected to 42" tv via SCART, since I never bothered getting anything else.

DELTA, my comp, is a monster, as everybody should know by now, with 2gb DDR3 RAM @ 1,3ghz, Intel Core2 Q9300 2,5Ghz Quadcore processor, Radeon 4870 graphics card running on an Asus P5E3 Deluxe with built-in WiFi signal receiver/broadcaster (so I can if necessary work as a router myself). Single Samsung HD501 hdd. Running some random pirated version of XP and SP3 for some stupid reason, why oh why did I ever get SP3, shit sux, oh well, who cares.

Dualscreen mode with an Asus VW222 and a Dell Ultrascan P990 CRT.

Mboo.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

svx

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"...an Asus P5E3 Deluxe with built-in WiFi signal receiver/broadcaster (so I can if necessary work as a router myself).

Uhhn...  Jealous.  My built-in WiFi is actually a USB device that goes through an internal port on the board.  A Realtec RTL8187...  It takes one look at master mode and says "Nahhh, man.  Nah, I can't be an access point."

Forgot about my DS though...  I haven't touched the thing in years - don't know why exactly, but never have cared too much about any of the recent Nintendo gismos.

My brother's got a Gamecube, a similar PS2, etc.  Xbox 360 too; we got him that for a birthday present.

Odd stuff.  I'm 23 years old.  My mom's ancient.  She's also more technologically advanced...  A 56" Sharp Aquos TV, Playstation 3 (but it's the 40GB that lacks PS2 compatibility through either the hardware Emotion engine or from software emulation).

It's a SONY!   ;010

VonDaab

Quote from: "svx"Forgot about my DS though...  I haven't touched the thing in years
That's because DS is NOGAEMS!
Well... good ones.
I own a DS, even a flashcart so I could play any game I want, but still I find minimal joy out of it.

I also own a NES, N64, GC, PS2.
And in portable 2 ancient Game&Watches, DMG-001 GameBoy, GBA.

In computers... well... I got a whole pile of old computers from the 90's just lying around.
But the one that's in everyday use is a 4 year old Packard Bell laptop. Obviously, I'm not playing any modern PC games with it.
Shitty specs are shitty: Sempron Mobile 1,8Ghz, 512Mb Ram, 50GB Main disk, 500GB external disk. Also the shitty integrated graphics chip chomps around 60Mb's out of my main Ram. Shared videoram for the fail!

So the craptop is mainly for internets and drawing. Nothing else really. Well, some old gen console emulation occasionally.
Oh, I do have a cheap Packard Bell scanner and a cheap Wacom...

I really should get a better setup, but my monies just go to all kind of other crap...

svx

I feel your pain.  :)

I have a computer set up at a different house to leech bandw-to download things with.  My internet's slow here, can't do it from home.

Uhn...

It used to be a dual processor Pentium Pro board with two of the 512KB cache chips and probably around 512MB or 256MB ram.  Originally intended as a backup box/DOS era box, but a 486 would've been better...

It's been converted over the years.  Now it seems to be some obscure Compaq board with a 600 MHz Pentium III coppermine.  Runs a load of services for me, but for the life of me, I can't find any big RAM chips that it'll take.  Hates high density stuff.  So, it's got something like 192 MB ram.

It's using an integrated Intel I810 video card with the same memory sharing scheme.  Ugggh.  Supposedly faster than the version that had its own onboard memory, though.

Edit:

And I just bought a USB 2.0 PCI hub card for it.  It has USB 1, but it's no fun to sit around for an hour to copy about 500 MB of stuff to take home.

Smokey

You say your PC is a monster, nej? with only 2GB of RAM?! dude stick at leas a GB more in (32 bit win can handle 3 GB)

So here's my list...

PC:
AMD 4800+ dualcore on an ASUS M2N32 Deluxe WiFi-AP (yes access point mode is available, but only in xp so far), with 2 GF8500GTs (also ASUS) in SLI, about 1.5 TB of HDD and lots of cooling...
One screen though, aiiyama PorLite 2001WSV...

Oh, almost forgot about my LED lit USB-hub/mouse mat and USB coffee warmer (we were talking about gadgets, so)

Console:
SNES with the SNES Scope, love that one for nostalgic reasons...
PSX, also nostalgia...
N64, you guessed it, nostalgia...
XBOX, got it with a cellphone subscription and liked it...
And this is all (sadly) hooked up to a small24"CRT tv, but i need to use CRT cuz that uis the only way my Scope will work...

Mobile:
Acer Aspire 7250... Love it to bits...
Sony PSP, loved it for a while but not for everyday use...
Nintendo GBA like it, have only two games for it, though...: Wolf3d and Doom...
Nintendo GBC, have one game for that: Tetris...
Creative Jukebox Zen 4GB, love that one, take it everywhere...(has SDHC compatibility wich is cool, and plugs in the same charger as two of my phones ;010)
Blackberry
Couple of other cells (3 or 4 i think)
And two analog SLRs and one Digital SLR... love those to bits too... (my Digital SLR has the same memory cards as my MP3 player wich saves me a lot of hassle... ^_^)...

That's about it i think...

Added after 3 minutes:

BTW i think that compaq board needs ECC RAM, or registered RAM...
Had that problem with a couple of compaq servers too..

Also Pentium Pro is cool, i had a Dell Poweredge, wich was Huuuuge and damned noisy (did cool the room good, though, felt like having airco ^_^), but it had 4 200MHz processors, and 512MB of RAM, in SIMMs, go figure... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

eh, I got alot of tech and i really dont think much of any of it is "special" enough to brag about, except maybe this:

My AN-PVS7b night vision system

QuoteThe AN/PVS-7B AN/PVS-7B is a DOD approved NVG designed for US ground forces. This rugged goggle has been in production since the mid-1980s. The lightweight system is extremely versatile and delivers exceptional gain and resolution on the darkest of nights. The 1500 series has state of the art performance with a quick release fastener which permits one-handed mounting and dismounting, an IR illuminator with ON indicator, automatic high-light cutoff to protect the image intensifier tube, and a low battery indicator. NIVISYS offers the MILSPEC 1500 system with three image intensifier tube configurations. Optional magnifier lenses facilitate field conversion for long-range observation. Features: • One year warranty • AA battery operation • Automatic brightness control • Built-in IR illuminator • MILSPEC system • Forty hour battery life • High-light cutoff tube protection • Hands-free or One-hand operation • Rapid mount/ Dismount head mount assembly AN/PVS-7B

A little toy I picked up in my time.. real fun to play with when I can find an area dark enough..

Added after 1 minutes:

well also, this:

A T-Mobile Wing, touch screen PDA phone running windows mobile 6
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Fok, i need to buy that NBC suit, i wanna have a totally unusual "just in case" thing too...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Speaking of which, I need one of those head-mounted sunglasses-styled monitors. HELL YEAR.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

oh I forgot to share this high speed peice of tech I recently aquired...

I think its going to be big!
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

Oh, wait i can probably top that...

It's still the best audio set i ever hooked up to my pc...

I also have an old National Panasonic (Technics) Hifi set, but i will have to look that up and will then post pics
Thanks Fedora-sama

Red-Machine

Lol, laserdisc player.

I have a rather large collection of tech.  The oldest probably being an Atari 7800.

But, right now, I am broadcasting to you live from a Windows ME computer!  I've had hardly any problems with it at all, apart from its apparent aversion to loading textures on 3D games...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Smokey

Hey, you cheat! Your sig says you're a win 98 user... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Nichi

My current setup includes a very nice though no-name CRT SDTV (It beats that 10+ year old General Electric CRT SDTV I had been using before it) with a universal S-Video cable connected to it so I can alternate between my main systems without any problems (Usually my slim PS2 is setup, but at the moment, my Gamecube is out, and a few days prior, my N64 was out)

With PCs, I currently have my main desktop setup (A 450Mhz Pentium III running on Windows 2000), though it's occasionally swapped out for my secondary desktop (A 866Mhz Pentium III running on Windows XP) or my legacy desktop (A 75Mhz Pentium running on Windows 98SE). My laptops include a 133Mhz Pentium running on Windows 95 OSR2 (My main at the moment. It has surprisingly good battery life) and a 233Mhz Pentium II running on Windows 2000 (My secondary laptop, since it's starting to fall apart).

With handheld systems, I have a DS Lite (Whenever I can get it away from my parents, who love playing Mario Party DS), a Game Boy Advance SP (For those older Game Boy games I can't play on my DS), and a PSP (Original model from 2005. I haven't played with it in ages simply because I need to buy myself a new Memory Stick).

Probably the single oldest piece of technology I have is my Atari 2600. I need to find an AC Adepter for it so I can finally play some Adventure again...

coldReactive

I have a non-slim PS2 that has PS2menu and ulaunchelf 4.12 on it using the PSX/codebreaker exploit (so I don't need to mod it.)

I have a 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo computer with nVidia GTS 250 (1 GB) with 6 GB of RAM.

I have a Dynex 19" or so LCD TV that has HDMI Support.