Graphics card

Started by Red-Machine, March 05, 2009, 02:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

I'm thinking about putting together a legacy PC for gaming and I'm gonna need a graphics card.  I was thinking of a 3DFx Voodoo, and was wondering if anyone had one.  If not, I'll consider other options.

And, of course, you're all welcome to tell me I'm an idiot and reccommend something else.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Smokey

Best legacy GFX card i ever had was my TNT2 card (ASUS V3800)...
It had 32MB and whooped ass all up to the GF4MX... ^_^

I must still have it somewhere and no i will not part with that baby... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Red-Machine

I have an old GeForce 2 MX400.  I got that with my XP machine in 2001, and it was my mainstay until summer 2007.  Only had three games it couldn't handle and that was towards the last few months of me using it.

VERY good card.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Smokey

Also a very good Legacy card...(GF4MX cards were basically clocked 2MX cards... ^_^)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

My single ATI Radeon 4870 is so overkill it's not even funny.

And I still want another one, just for the pure crossfire awesomeness AND the ability to use 4 SCREENS AT ONCE, HELL YEAH.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

RandiNinja

QuoteAlso a very good Legacy card...(GF4MX cards were basically clocked 2MX cards... )
Only if i know that sooner, i didn't have to buy both...... ;014
Smokey! Why didn't you tell me SOONER????
I hate you......!

I'm using my old X1600pro IceQ now......

Although in low quality settings, latest games(except some crazy hardware thirsty game) still running fine!

Smokey

I was amazed to see that my dual GF 8500 SLI maybe up to the task of running F.E.A.R. 2 and GTA IV... ;010

But, eehm, this is about legacy cards...
Wich reminds me of a sweet ol' card i had it was a Sis VLB VGA card... those ruled back in the days, i also had a VLB I/O card to keep it company and the VESA slots filled ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama