Main Menu

Recommendations

Started by Toki, March 03, 2009, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Fooly Cooly, OVA, six-episodes, WATCH IT!

EDIT: Oh and since you mentioned you haven't seen Cowboy Bebop, you should most definitely see it as well.  If you like stuff like Trigun and GITS, you should really like Cowboy Bebop (you'd like it even more if you like jazz and blues as I do).  I think it's the only time I saw Jeet Kune Do used in an anime.  I don't even think I've seen Wing Chun used in anime, but I guess that's because they're both Chinese martial arts.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Oh, i love Jazz.... and blues too, btw... I like to listen to River of Crystals, from the GITS Innocence OST when i walk the dog at night...

Good song, that...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

I am a jazz saxophonist.

I can't bear myself to like Bebop.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

What!? First you look normal, now you play the sax, what's next?!
You're not evil, i'm losing my faith in you, man.... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I wasn't really implying that someone who likes jazz would instantly like Cowboy Bebop, but rather if you're into the kind show it is and also like jazz, it's like icing on the cake.

While it's OT, I feel inclined to mention my blues musicians are John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, and Albert King.  So yeah, mostly stuff from the Delta...

Smokey

Good, stuff... Only i mostly have compilation CD's with lots of different artists, so i don't really know whose music i am enjoying... ^_^

But i will have a looksie at Cowboy Bebop... And Fooly Cooly...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Any evil worth its name needs a good coverup. Rule number 1 when breaking rules:

Hide shit, and hide it well.

Added after 39 seconds:

Speaking of which, spring season is a' coming...get yourselves ready, folks!

IanDanKilmaster

Was that intended to be as forboding as it reads?

Or are we talking about an anthropomorphic rabbit that hides eggs?

Anyway, I'm still looking for recommendations fitting aforementioned criteria...

Smokey

yep, and if anyone knows a good psychological thriller... do tell, cuz a third anime is also good... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Remember, guys - Reserve a spot in your schedule for FMA.
IMPORTANTE SHITTE!

Smokey

ah, yes... that too...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Are we talking the reboot of Fullmetal Alchemist?  Or something I'm obviously oblivious toward?

NejinOniwa

That and none other. Seems pretty damn FANCEEEYH to me. The first animu was really good - until it started deteriorating too much from the mango - and even then, it kept itself good still.

This version's gonna stay by the mango for script. NOW I LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS YOU KNOW _W_

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, that I heard, but isn't the manga still ongoing?  I'd hate for this to turn into one of those animus that just use completely made up bullshit to buy time while the manga-ka presses some more issues.  That was actually what I loved about the original series, despite it completely deviating from the original manga halfway through, at least it didn't bore me shitless with 50 episodes of filler.  Sure continuity became an issue as a result, but the story is not as bad as some people make it out to be.  It's certainly enjoyable if you're not some completely anal-retentive bastard.  So less than faithful story for no damn filler bullshit... equivalent exchange indeed.

I'm indeed going to be watching for this one, I believe BONES is doing the art again, which is a definite plus.  From what I've heard of the manga, there's some seriously blasphemous mindfuckage and I would really enjoy seeing that translated to badass fully animated form.  Given the overwhelming success and popularity of the franchise State-side, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear it was licensed right away.  Of course, I may not be necessarily waiting that long anyway (as long as the fansubs aren't total shit).

NejinOniwa

Well...we'll see who subs it when we get there. I'm hoping for Eclipse.

And with like 5 more years of mango to work on (or whatever it is) I believe 50 episodes (that's the length of this series, yeah) isn't going to cover even half of it, rly. So don't worry. -w-