The manga never found

Started by kouta-kun, March 02, 2009, 04:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kouta-kun

Just noticing that there are a lot of manga which i have read online which you can never find anywhere, even if you know it has been released... lol just noticing a ton of gaps in my collection where older volumes should be. So annoying!

CaptBrenden

Lrn2interwebz,  :P most things can be purchased online

Added after 24 seconds:

the only reason my collection has gaps is money...
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

kouta-kun

know any good sites? (not big on online buying)

CaptBrenden

XD yeah, google.

srsly,

1. Go to google
2. Search for manga
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!!!

Added after 58 seconds:

incase I have to be specific... goodle has tab thing for products.. that is where you search

kouta-kun

...never trust random sites. looking for something i know will be legit so not to be scammed

NejinOniwa

The irony is that it's easier to find illegal stuff than to find legit stuff...go me. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

CaptBrenden

google doesnt seem legit?

Also nejin, you seem to have missed the part where he said COLLECTION. alot of good a rar would do to fill the gaps on the bookshelf. He has read it already, he wants the actual book. as an aspiring mangaka, i whole hardedly support his supporting of the orginal artist by purchasing the book

NejinOniwa

I didn't say it was a replacement, oi. I was just commenting on the fact that its bitchass easy mode finding the stuff you want without buying it - while buying it is a pain in the ass to go through, paying aside.

Smokey

Even you must have legit stuff, nej....
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Well, I bought stuff before I realized following it online was much handier, and much better...so no more.

Mangos are easier to track and follow online, plus you don't need to clog anything, no bookshelf, not even your hard drive, with any of it.

I almost exclusively buy text-only books...besides those are rare to find scanned, so it's easier that way. And they have higher re-reading value, too.

Smokey

so you have (besides books) nothing you find good enough to buy?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Frankly, no...besides, it's inconvenient.
I want quality and speed.
The legal option cuts down the quality, and speed isn't even spoken of. A DVD that's released now in Japan can take more than 3 years to get here - if it comes at all. And even then, the stuff I'd get from downloading it would be better.

Besides, I don't watch stuff on my TV, just on my computer - and having stuff on your hard drive is much more convenient than having to lumber around with loads of discs.

Manga takes even longer. Quality may not be the issue there, but frankly the only stuff that ever comes here is so crap it's not even worth trying in the first place.

So yeah, pretty much, old-school literature is the only stuff I see as worth paying for, when it comes to media.

CaptBrenden

Reguadless, this is a thead about buying manga, or at least finding manga you missed to buy it, your piracy promotion is OT here.

Smokey

Weeellll.... I don´t actually read mangas because 1 there is only one shop in town that sells it... and two i likes my anime originally dubbed and i think english manga would let me down...
I just have to get over it i guess...
Does GITS have a manga, because i think that would be a safe one to start with...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

In my experience, typicly the mangas are more true to the original work then the anime translations.   Honorifics left in, etc..

still again, getting off topic here