Digital Complex: Admin

Started by CaptBrenden, October 17, 2005, 08:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

We have a new writer!  Fireshado185  A collage english student, so he has to be good! :P  Hopefully this will get us back on track
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Q4(V)

capt can i ask wht ur do for the first comic like no1 come up with a story for the issue 1, is it goin to be abt the user or abt the os tan, it just i don't see any story for the first comic

CaptBrenden

Repost from topicless thread for its releveance.

Other news, Im not sure you are all aware but the comic project that had pretty much ground to a halt for a time is movign again, slowly but more surely. Got a new motivated writer that has compiled and assembled more writting so far then we did the entire first year of the project (tho that aint sain much) even so far as to have already started scripting out issue one. hopefully there will be at least a rough draft of the comic of it by new years.

Further on that note, I just picked up Manga Maker 3.0 debut. Ill say yes it was a gamble but so far it has PAID OFF. I was worried i was just shelling out the money for some cheezy paint knock off or something of the sort, but it turns out to be an extreamly useful program thus far. Perfect for what it claims to do! It combinds the elements of photoshop, publisher, and opencanvus in a similer style but it has unique tools spicificly for comic artists. on top of that it has a massive computone archive! This should seriosly help me out.

With all that being said, there may still be parties interested in joining the project. My messangers can be found on my profile, message me and let me know, otherwise you will miss out. the public discussion and such works for general ideas and discussion but lets face it work dosent get done very fast when your waiting for posters to reply in thier own sweet time. thus from this point out the manga team will be working behind the sceans posting mile markers such as compleated scripts, drafts or issues, but not as much of the work inbetween. Most of that is going to be done by messanger programs. More artists are always welcome, but currently our big unfilled team position/project is creating a portion of the site to post the comic, cus lets face it, neither the forum or the gallery currently is a very good fromat for displaying any form of cronological comic. If there is anyone with web site skills that has the time to make a simple comic friendly web page design that can be attached to the forum like the gallery currently is they would be a valuble member of the team. We would even lovingly call you the webmaster. Might even be some groveling.

After an issue or two is up, then it will be a simple matter of keepign it up and spreading the word about it. Newyinz and wiki would be a good one (its been a while since i read the article but im pretty cirtain there is a list of available comic sites on there too we could be added too...)

Another possible department *coughbaconbits-sancough* would be subbing, but in reverse! Translating it into japanese for our possible japanese audiance!

This is the captain, out.

C-Chan

*trot trot trot*

Don't mind me, I'm just passing through.....  -v-

*trot trot trot*

CaptBrenden

is this operation stir things up with a stick?

btw, you asked me what I needed.. but what were you interested in doing most?

C-Chan

Yo Captain.
Just passing through,... poking stuff, but now that you mention it....  ^__^

Artwork of course, but I can do a little bit of anything.  But I figure by now you already have a set script and cast, so don't worry about me coming aboard to change things left and right (although I do hope 3.11-sama is still a character -- I read somewhere that you wanted to nix her).  

And you know of course that while I'm not an artist, I am a world-class forger so you can count on me to style-match.  ^__~

CaptBrenden

I cant belive you would even accuse me of such a thing...

No, i think what your referint to is that she will not be in the initial group that shows up... shes gonna one of the first story arcs.. shes gonna show up much like kanako to sabotage the other girls and so forth, but will eventualy join the group

NewYinzer

Kanako, eh?

*kicks himself for watching the anime first*

So...how much fanservice are we talking about here? About the same as Love Hina, as much as Mahoromatic, or as little as Azumanga Daioh?

CaptBrenden

as where I liked the rest of the series... Love hina again in a word... sucked.  In the manga its oone of the best parts! they condensed at least 6 eps worth of material into 3 eps. plus they totaly made kanako look like... just a villan.  in the book.. she towards the end was as much a main character in the group as much as any of the other girls

I donno, asu lacks it almost utterly, but I dont think there will be as much.. depends on how the writer provides opertunitys for it.  I denifly plan to put some in it. I dont think you could have the tans without it

then again.. I didnt think they oculd do an anime for negima without it -_-

NewYinzer

QuoteI donno, asu lacks it almost utterly, but I dont think there will be as much.. depends on how the writer provides opertunitys for it. I denifly plan to put some in it. I dont think you could have the tans without it

Exactly my point. Azu had almost no fanservice (depending on your opinion). Personally, I believe a little fanservice sometimes goes a long way. Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu had some fanservice here and there, but not so much as to it being condemnable. So go ahead, include some. But don't get distracted from the plot. Otherwise, you're diluting the webcomic world with more ecchi. It's like listening to the Negima and Love Hina themes at the same time. It's...

*rambles on about ecchi, hentai, fanservice, Anna Miller's, Italian spring water, mirrors, portable DVD players, and cabbages*

C-Chan

Mmmm.... Cabbage.  -v-

That reminds me, now that you have a motivated writer on board, how much has the story diverged from the bits and pieces posted on the story thread?

Good to hear 3.1-sama will be here and simply joining up later, but during the initial brainstorming sessions you were talking about more permanent villains/opposing -tans (e.g., Mac, Linux, other OS-tans).

Aurora Borealis

The non Windows-tans are villains? ;__;

So, why is that and what are their motives in the story?

NewYinzer

From what I can discern, the Captain started with a more traditional plot, based on using the characters that already existed when he started writing the story. That way he avoided time consuming character design and confusion for those who are not familiar with the new OS-tans.

CaptBrenden

I will release no further details to non staff -_- and I wouldnt really say the others will be villans.. more like.. antagonists.  rivals and the like.... But anyways, the plot and work is gonna be done alittle more secretly now so that when the issues are released that they will still be interesting to read

tho I dont know if ive mentioned it.. but Digital complex will be coming out in issues of prolly 8-16 pages, releases all at once.  so about once a month when things start going well.  

the plot thread will more or less become a place for people to comment on the story so far, and talk about thinks that want to see happen or the like.. more like a fan feedback on the plot sortathing

But like i said before, there WILL be fanservice.   Just we are aiming for well used fanservice that gets the most bang for its buck, not gretuedus fanservice that you get in bulk from costco

Myrdin

If the project is still a go then I would like to offer what assistance I can. I'm pretty good with photoshop but lack a tablet(or any art skills) so I could probably help with formatting, layout and cleanup. I'm also very concious of spelling & grammar so I might be able to help with any text related things.