Digital Complex: Admin

Started by CaptBrenden, October 17, 2005, 08:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

Intro

The OS-Tan Comic is a in house comic drawn written and produced by the members of OS Tan collections.  In this thread will be listed the current project team listings, project heads, to do list, and current short term and long term goals.

If you want to join a team, become a department head or have a goal or the like you would like to add, either post in the thread, or PM the appropriate department head.

For storyline discussion or artwork please visit the corresponding threads.

ATTENTION:  We now have a Title!!  Digital Complex! Digi Con for short. Thanks to Mechzawa for his submission to the title contest!

The Team:

Project Chairman: CaptBrenden (My Idea to start with, but I hope to phase into just an artist/writer)

Art Department:
Comic Artists:
CaptBrenden

Concept Artists:
Capt Brenden

Background Artists:
None

Photoshop Artists:
CaptBrenden

Writting/Plot Department:
Conceptual work:
CaptBrenden

Storyline Writer:
CaptBrenden
Fireshadow185

Creative Input: (anyone who has assisted in anyway or put in thier 2 cents. Id like to move more of them up to actuall conceptual work...)
CaptBrenden
Tsuteto
L33t4g3nt
Agelu
Zixaphir
ShinraKenshin
Mechazawa
DarkLord
spysweeper
newyinzer

General Admin Dept:
Web Master:
DarkLord

Advertising:
DarkLord

Research:
None

Fans/readers...yet
none

GOALS

Nothing gets done without goals or deadlines.  Its a sad but true fact.  Fan based stuff is always great, but its speratic and slow often grinding to a stop.  The highly motivated and dedicated project heads will help keep the process moving along by working with their teams trying to work around their schedules and special skills, dividing tasks and spreading out the workload to ensure the goals are met and the comic gets worked on!  Come on guys, the girls are depending on us!

Short Term Goals:

Get a starting project team.

Decide on an overall concept.

Concept Drawings for all Major Characters (dec 7th for pencil sketch model sheets)

Long Term Goals

Create character profiles for each character.

Write general storyline

Write First Issue

Release Pilot Issue

In the future Id like for the goals to have a projected time for compleation.. but right now staff is too limited to do such.  For now, lets work on getting a team and a story concept.  Nothing goes anywhere without them.

Thank you,

Project Chairperson,
Capt Brenden
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Agelu

Wow. This looks very official. Good job. You know me, im (over)fully interested. How much is the minimal people that you are expecting to do this work? Also, you should recopilate the ideas we already have posted, and let us choose from them...  

CaptBrenden

As many as I can, but Ill keep working even if no one else helps.  It is more likely to sucseed with help tho...

Story work, recaping ideas and such will all be done under the Story thread.

Fedora-Tan

I'll put ads on others site i manage as soon as we'll have something to show. I can also provide a mailing list for ostan since i don't think there is one. If you need a developpers ML, it's also possible.

Indeed a good thing to have a clear thread about this ;)

oh and if you need private or public place on server, tell me also  :P  

CaptBrenden

Hey thanks, Ill keep all of that in mind.  A private area wont be needed for now.. not untill we got a decent team. Public discussion is going to help keep it alive for the time being..

Im going to drop you in the Advratizing area for now too then..  

Fedora-Tan

okeydok.

if you want me to drop some pms about this comic just ask ... but that could bring some unwanted ppl too so i don't think it's a good idea atm...

CaptBrenden

Alright

Project chair person here (I need a new title...)  with an announcement here.  For the next month or so I will be in training (for my real job -.-) So I will be for the most part out of contact.  I might be able to check email, I dont know.  Therefore, Im going to set a few things up for that month so we can keep things moving.

Art Department:
Well I guess this is just me currently... While im out there Ive packed my new OS tan dedicated sketch book and all my doodle supplies and my tablet.  I will work on getting the starting model sheets for each character done (well the main ones at least.)  

Writting Department:
Agelu and Q4(V)  Write stuff!! The starting thread.. story writters needed.. Its got most of our major Ideas written in it. You can either work on compiling that into a more definate um.. thing.. Or, just write random extreamly short comic ideas.  I mean like a comic short about.. say... 1-2 pages (comic pages) long, possibly advertizing the new comic.  Those will give me something to sketch up as a Pilot or Teaser comic when I get back, giving you more time to work on the main story.

EVERYONE:  TITLE TITLE TITLE!  This shouldnt be hard, but Ive gotten myself an Idea.... Bwahahahaha.     ...ahem...   A contest!!   Im going to make another thread for it... Everyone comes up with a possible title for the comic, and we all post our Ideas there.  Come mid month (while Im still gone) Darklord, or who ever makes the polls posts the Ideas and we all vote on them.  The polls will close dec 7th when I return, we will make a banner and a logo for the comic and that will alow us to advratize!

Now how is this a contest you ask?   Thats easy, PRIZES!  Or prize as the case may be (sorry no runner up for this one...) Winner gets a free sketch of their favorite OS Tan,  in any way they want.  You want 2k cosplaying a cat? You got it. You want xp swimming in a vat of macaroni and cheese? You got it.    

And this is open to ANYONE!  None project team members or non OS Tan Collections Members may still participate (tho... why would non members read the forums anyways?)  The Title picked is the winning condition.

Darklord...  If you could post the contest up as a news post on the main entry of the site it would probobly help.

anyhow.. that is all.

I will check back in on this tommarow morning before I head off to the feild.

Chairperson

Capt Brenden

Q4(V)

well about the the story writing i think it should one big story so it continue on with the same main character if there is one, but with some one off story.

wait looking back some where u already said this ... don't know where ...

Mechazawa

I would like to write, maybe both concept and storyline if possible

Agelu

Look for my new Post, this IS GOING to be real, as far as i can

CaptBrenden

Mechazawa Is added to story writters, go ahead and read through the old posts to see what we are working with, and see what you can come up with! its all concept work right now..

CaptBrenden

Im alive, amazingly so concidering the last few days events. Just popping in to let people know im still out here, and I am working.. I just dont have a connection fast enough to upload anything... so it will probobly be about 3 months before i return to the states and off load all my built up work.

also another interesting little thing, I may be going to live in japan shortly after i get back, cool no?

junichi

can i join your team^^
im from the philipines i would like to join
i have here a sample of my work its a little old but i hope it will do.

[attachment deleted by admin]

do not be afraid to die for someone you love...

Darknight_88

SOUSUKE!!!!
ehem
I'm not part of the team, but I just needed to reply to this. Awesome sample junichi, I really like It.
Let's see If the Capt. gets online soon   ;010
Oh, Btw Welcome to OS-tan Collections.
You can introduce yourself in the "Member introduction thread" (general chat), and start posting!!!

CaptBrenden

QuoteQuote from : junichi

can i join your team^^
im from the philipines i would like to join
i have here a sample of my work its a little old but i hope it will do.

Wowsers, if thats old, then you got me beat o.O You could teach me more then a few things. If your still interested yeah Ill sight you right up :D  Ill be back from Iraq here in about a month and Ill be kicking it back into high gear on the art fron (right now im doing mostly paintings for my unit.. to include a mamorial for our fallen marines.)