OS-tan Collections

OS-tan discussions => OS-tan Fan-Fics, Comics and Fan-Stuff => Topic started by: iDarbert on June 24, 2008, 03:56:00 pm

Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: iDarbert on June 24, 2008, 03:56:00 pm
I'm thinking about possible designs for Snow Leopard(-tan), how about a ninja?
Also general suggestions are welcome.
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: NejinOniwa on June 24, 2008, 04:10:18 pm
NIN!

Er. I mean.
Well, there's already a Winja (or two, even, Visbou and Visbou-kun that is), so a Ninjapple might be appropriate as well.
I dunno, though. White ninjas? Hm. Meh. Meeeeh~. I really, dunno.
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: iDarbert on June 24, 2008, 04:12:30 pm
Quote from: "NejinOniwa"NIN!

Er. I mean.
Well, there's already a Winja (or two, even, Visbou and Visbou-kun that is), so a Ninjapple might be appropriate as well.
I dunno, though. White ninjas? Hm. Meh. Meeeeh~. I really, dunno.

I was thinking about some "Ice Village" kind of ninja like Yukimaru from Disgaea 2, hence the name Snow Leopard.
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: Aurora Borealis on June 24, 2008, 04:20:10 pm
There are two designs of Snow Leopard-tan already on +nijiura+ (nijiura.com)


Unfortuneatly I am not able to direcly post them here. They are both in the 'illustration' section (自作絵板), one drawn by Ringoaki (ã,Šã,"ã"ã,き) and the other by Esu (えす). Both their threads are on the front page. To see all their images and their designs for Snow Leopard-tan, click on [è¿"ä¿¡].


One option is that if you like one of those designs, you can just use that one. Another option is to combine them while adding your own details into it. Or you could just design your own rendition from scratch.

Which method do you wish to take?

Btw, Leopard-kun is depicted as ninja-like.
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: iDarbert on June 24, 2008, 04:32:17 pm
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"There are two designs of Snow Leopard-tan already on +nijiura+ (nijiura.com)


Unfortuneatly I am not able to direcly post them here. They are both in the 'illustration' section (自作絵板), one drawn by Ringoaki (ã,Šã,"ã"ã,き) and the other by Esu (えす). Both their threads are on the front page. To see all their images and their designs for Snow Leopard-tan, click on [è¿"ä¿¡].

So far I've only seen Esu's one.
I don't know... the fact that she looks a lot like Leopard is fitting but I'd prefer something different.

QuoteBtw, Leopard-kun is depicted as ninja-like.

It always looked more like a naked guy to me, and the tarzan underwear doesn't help :D

EDIT: Found Ringoaki's, it kinda looks like a ninja to me actually... but I think I'm going to try something else.
After all I don't really have a chance to compete in the OS-tan scene so I may as well just draw one.
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: Aurora Borealis on June 24, 2008, 04:39:48 pm
I agree with having Snow Leopard-tan looking different than Leopard-tan. Sure, Snow Leopard-tan looking a lot like Leopard-tan could work but is not all that original.

And that's not underwear that Leopard-kun is wearing. It's a loincloth actually (and the creepiest part is, in most depictions, he does not wear underwear!)
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: iDarbert on June 24, 2008, 04:44:16 pm
Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I agree with having Snow Leopard-tan looking different than Leopard-tan. Sure, Snow Leopard-tan looking a lot like Leopard-tan could work but is not all that original.

Yep, the idea is that SL looks like Leopard but is actually very different deep inside.
Being OS-tans generally a representation of the characteristics of the OS it should make sense for them to be different.

QuoteAnd that's not underwear that Leopard-kun is wearing. It's a loincloth actually (and the creepiest part is, in most depictions, he does not wear underwear!)

Yeah, I called it Tarzan Underwear ironically, because Tarzan doesn't wear underwear either :D
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: NejinOniwa on June 24, 2008, 05:22:02 pm
QuoteAnd that's not underwear that Leopard-kun is wearing. It's a loincloth actually (and the creepiest part is, in most depictions, he does not wear underwear!)

I sense a ripoff! XP-kun was first!
Title: Snow Leopard
Post by: iDarbert on June 24, 2008, 05:51:02 pm
http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snowleopardox6.jpg