Question: Is there anybody watching Lucky Star?
Option 1: Yes! I reaally LOVE it!!
Option 2: Yes, but not very funny- -;
Option 3: Yes but not gonna watching it anymore cause i don't like it
Option 4: No, but seems a very good anime, maybe i'll watch it later
Option 5: No, and no plan to watch it cause i don't like it -3-
Option 6: What is Lucky Star? (is there really anybody choosing this option?)
just a bit interested in how many people here watching this anime-_,- anyway, i love it really
Lucky Star is like:
Azumanga Daioh + The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya + Genshiken = PURE WIN!
*raises hoof casually*
*cough cough* I still prefer Lovely Complex *cough cough hack* -v-
Well, have a look over in THESE (http://ostan-collections.net/topic-532.html) TWO (http://ostan-collections.net/topic-522.html) threads...
Short version is,
Lucky Star has Konata.
Konata has Hirano Aya.
Hirano Aya has Haruhi.
Haruhi is GOD.
Follow the white rabbit. -w-
lucky star is FAIL -_- Konata personality grates at me like fingernails on a chalkboard. The art is cute and its funny sometimes.. then she comes on and I stop laughing. >_<
But yet, you watch it?
the other charcters are cute and funny -_-
Oi. A bit of discretion, if you'd please.
I actually think the KonataXKagami clashes are the definitely funniest parts of the show...
Just from what I've heard, it sounds funny...Although I've always gravitated toward the sci-fi genre...
Trying doesn't hurt you -w-
Added after 14 seconds:
...or well, not in this case at least ^^
watching it... I have JUST finished azumanga, so comparisons between the two are inevitable. It's nowhere close.
but I guess I can take it as an overly cute-ified Genshiken. With less commentary on the habits of otaku and more randoms.
well, I'll still watch it. I need some chuckles from watching all these serious anime on my list.
Well, also, now the 10th episode is out...
it seems that most people watched it-_,-
ok next time let's do another research on which character in Lucky star you like bet ;001
p.s. that OP is greeeeat!!!!! i hope sometime the full video version can be on sell^o^
I love this anime so much!
Kona-chan makes me laugh hard! XD
Well, actually I like the other characters too ^^
en! it's really difficult to choose a favourite character desune!^ ^
I think my signature says everything....Kagami, greatest LS character for me.
and yeah, I like LS. Not the best show of the season, but really amusing.
en! it's really difficult to choose a favourite character desune!^ ^
Favorite Main characters:
personally, not that difficult. At least for the first episodes, Konata didn't appealed at all to me =/ . The kagami vs Konata clashes were funny, but I laughed ONLY due to Kagami reactions. The rest of episodes, Konata seems to be more appealing, but Kagami still owns the show IMHO.
Tsukasa. Dunno. Kinda meh, but kinda like her. balsamic vinegar~
Miyuki....so moe...I'm gonna di--- not really my favorita character.
As for side characters, my list would go:
1) The Animate store manager at ep 10...he's just AWESOME. And he is voiced by the same guy that acts as Sousuke in Full Metal Panic! :D
2) Cousin Yui is more awesome.
3) Konata's dad
Waiting for [a.f.k.] to release episode 12...hopefully the rumors about them dropping LS are wrong >_<
This is one my favorite recent anime to watch. In the words of a friend of mine, it stole my soul. It's so simple but funny. It's really refreshing to get away from a deep or long storyline for awhile.
oh god.. another one. we gotta start spraying for these...
Ho-ho-ho-ho, and phear mai torrent-no-jutsu, DLing in Oxnard, yar. -w-
Oh and also, I've changed my favorite character. Now It's all about...
SEBASTIAAAAAAAAN~!!! LOOOOOOVE!!!! >w<
No, I am not seeing it...
But in the future I think I will purchase it (or I will wait until it passes on my local TVs), because there are truly lots of people who gave Lucky Star a very good apprecciation.
And if all these people apprecciate it, then Lucky Star must be really good. ;019
so far a favourite amongst my collection XD and have to agree with NejinOniwa~! The KonataXKagami clashes are the funniest bits to watch... then again I love the little bits where Miyuki and her mother have their moments XD lol telemarketers...
Well it's been a long time since I posted in this forum about Lucky Star. Let's see what's changed since then:
* After the first few eps the series does pick up considerably. It is now, imo, recommendable.
* This said, it's still debatable if it's really worth watching the first few eps to get to the decent parts.
* I don't think I mentioned this last time, but the art is nice. Not CLAMP-style win but certainly not Air/Kanon-style fail either.
* There is simply better out there this season. If you watch a lot of anime, then sure, it's worth a shot if only to see what the fuss is all about. But if you don't watch much (maybe cos of time constraints or something), look elsewhere. Seto no Hanayome for instance.
* The new characters introduced recently really add nothing to the series except more "parodies". I use "sarcastic speech marks" there because good parody is subtle. Lucky Star's parody is about as subtle as a brick.
* The voyeuristic side of Lucky Star's plot, basically following a group of friends around, is starting to remind me of Big Brother and other reality TV. Originally Big Brother was interesting, in a weird kinda way. Then there was another one. And another. And another. Until eventually anything even remotely interesting about it was buried under a pile of "been there, done that". I really hope Lucky Star doesn't get more new seasons ad nauseum too.
* Lucky Star is still massively overrated. Many people liken it to Azumanga. They are wrong. Azumanga is epic win. Lucky Star is not.
* It is nowhere near approaching my top 10.
* It still poaches plots from other series.
* It still makes up for lack of originality by "parody" and otaku easter eggs.
* Having two good characters does not a quality cast make. I do empathise with Capt though, Konata is starting to get on my nerves too :p Kagami is far and away the best character in it imo, though Konata's dad has his moments too.
* Imo this series would have been better as a 12/13 part series and cut out all the superfluous and unfunny crap. Ok you like talking about food. Guys, WE GET IT. You could have left it at a couple of mins in ONE ep. They seem to have spent at least a whole eps worth of time talking about food over the course of the series. And that's just so far. I'm sure there's time for another convo about the subtleties of curry sometime before the end. Christ.
* Did I mention I really hate those food scenes?
So to summarise: occasionally funny, never outstanding. Overrated and, ultimately, forgettable. Worth watching if you have the time, but there is better out there. Nidas gives it 6/10
In before flames :p
I'd be a terrible critic. XD; I like a lot of things.
I only watch Lucky Star when I'm in the mood for it. Namely, on a really lazy, hot summer day. XD;
I kinda like it when they talk about pointless things... like the food. I mean, it's not laugh-out-loud funny, I enjoy it somehow though. Don't ask why, I don't know the reason myself. ^^
Kagami rocks. :3
I don't mind Konata much I share her laziness and of course, some of her otaku-ness. ^^
And as for the new characters, I remember relating to Hiyori (the "perverted artist" haha) when she mentioned her pencil and stuff. ^^
The other ones.... not so much. But I'm pretty sure I'll remember Hiyori. XD
I think it depends... if you can't relate to any of the characters, it can't be enjoyable. Most of the time we're just going "wtf" like Kagami. XD; Which is why I think she's popular. :3
...did I mention there'll be a second season yet?
what?! you serious!? info got where?!?!?! XD
Kinsoku jikou desu ^^
(no but seriously, nothing's official yet but since the fifth volume of the manga just came out and is still being released, and the anime covers like the first 4-something volumes, it's just logical. Although it'll prolly be a while til it happens, since KyoAni already has 78-ish bloody project on their hands, like CLANNAD, Haruhi S2 (BY THE HOLY EMPRESS, YES! YES!! YES!!!), FMP 4, and so on...
Added after 51 seconds:
...then again, that wait'll prolly be just for the better since then the manga will have gotten further. Hooray for material!)
Added after 5 minutes:
Oh yeah, discussion is here.
im not finised yet
I am seeing it and i enjoy it alot
sorry about my english
in anycase i watched lucky star last year. never got to finish it ._.
oh hell yes I love this one sooooo much!!!!
Watched like an episode quite a long time ago. Couldn't remember anythin about it. Only thing I can remember is that the characters are pretty cute and has some elements of Azumanga.
(hey OP lives in China!! I live in china too! [Guangzhou])