Site Updates

Started by Goujer, September 15, 2022, 09:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goujer (she/her)

The forum has themes now, based on Windows XP, Ubuntu and Open Suse.
I changed the default theme to XP to celebrate the occasion.
The banner now changes every page load, putting those classic banners back to work!

Gallery registration requirements have been lowered a little, some users may or may not be required to verify their email before they can upload.
Gallery also now defaults to 10 uploads for new accounts, as always the more approved uploads you bring the more you can upload.
The gallery now has a safe mode enabled on the main link so those under 18 can look at the gallery and you can safely look at your favorite gijinkas at work or in front of you grandparents.

The Gallery v2 (Gelbooru) is getting its images moved to the v1 (Piwigo) gallery. This will fix a lot of the missing images in the v1 gallery. Current Progress: 195 remaining/298.
Eventually the v2 gallery will be scrapped and the v1 gallery will simply be title "old".

The v1 Gallery was also recently updated, getting rid of those pesky php errors on the pages.
The v1 gallery is also getting drained into the current Danbooru based gallery. I have been doing so using the "random photos" button so there's a little bit of everything so far.

Wiki Registration is still closed, but there has been a lot of exciting work being done by myself and @Hālian to increase organization and ease of use.
There is also a standards guide that I would greatly look for feedback on so we can help make the Wiki a clean, efficient and organized place for writers, editors and readers.

Goujer (she/her)

I've gotten a few private reports that peoples browsers will not connect to the site sometimes.
If anyone else is experiencing this, even occasionally let me know!

Nanami Madobe Fan

Yeah I had that one too may times I use
Quote from: Goujer on December 11, 2023, 11:38:51 PMI've gotten a few private reports that peoples browsers will not connect to the site sometimes.
If anyone else is experiencing this, even occasionally let me know!

Yeah I had that one too many times its a bug I think also I'm using a very up-to-date web browser in Mozilla Firefox version 120.0.1.

The Computer Otakou

hmmmmm is it me or did something about the site change since my last visit?

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: The Computer Otakou on December 22, 2023, 03:45:16 PMhmmmmm is it me or did something about the site change since my last visit?

Yes it has, some new updates and rules.

All designed for better ease of use and organization.

The Computer Otakou

Is that why the UI is kinda different also I didn't know that this site came with more then a single theme.

Goujer (she/her)

The signup process on the gallery has now been fixed.
The gallery's wiki now has a lot more pages copied over from Danbooru's wiki, so help pages should appear more often and be more useful.

Let me know if any issues that show up.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Screenshot (37).png

Yeah its still busted up for me.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on February 23, 2024, 11:32:10 PMScreenshot (37).png

Yeah its still busted up for me.

I am noticing that the Recaptcha box is missing from the bottom right corner.

I was able to make a new account though, what browser are you using and what version is it?
Also do you use a custom DNS, firewall or anything like that?

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on February 24, 2024, 12:50:59 PMI am noticing that the Recaptcha box is missing from the bottom right corner.

I was able to make a new account though, what browser are you using and what version is it?
Also do you use a custom DNS, firewall or anything like that?

Screenshot 2024-02-24 211648.png

I just use Ublock Origin + Privacy Badger + NoScript that's it also I turned them off and still didn't wanna work and there is no DNS or Firewall on my network I also use the most up-to-date version of Firefox ever version 123 as seen in the screenshots.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on February 24, 2024, 08:14:18 PMScreenshot 2024-02-24 211648.png

I just use Ublock Origin + Privacy Badger + NoScript that's it also I turned them off and still didn't wanna work and there is no DNS or Firewall on my network I also use the most up-to-date version of Firefox ever version 123 as seen in the screenshots.

Firefox's enhanced tracking protection could be the issue.
I would also try to see if you can make the account in a private window, then login to it from a non-private window.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on February 25, 2024, 11:40:31 AMFirefox's enhanced tracking protection could be the issue.
I would also try to see if you can make the account in a private window, then login to it from a non-private window.

Alright I will try that.

Edit: It finally worked!

Edit 2: I did my first upload I don't see the image thouh  :'(

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on February 26, 2024, 09:05:37 PMI did my first upload I don't see the image thouh  :'(
Images require approval to make sure they meet the guidelines, I have approved your image and will check at least daily for any other submissions.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on February 26, 2024, 09:13:57 PMImages require approval to make sure they meet the guidelines, I have approved your image and will check at least daily for any other submissions.

Alright I think I will let you upload the rest of the images.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on February 27, 2024, 12:39:19 AMAlright I think I will let you upload the rest of the images.
That will take a while.

Also if not being able to view right away what you upload is an issue, remove "status:pending" from your blacklist on your user profile.