Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

NejinOniwa

THIS IS A BIT LATE, BUT HATERS GOTTA HATE
MR@story CH4: http://nejinoniwa.deviantart.com/#/d32077r
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Aurora Borealis

@Bella's "Thanks for the Memories, part 1-2"

Hahahahaha! It is strange that the OS-tans are artificial humans yet have certain human features... Does that mean all the OS-tan Rule 34 is canon?And SAGE had an affair before?!

Yeah! "Stupid human feelings of attraction!" Why do they exist in artificial humans-- ohhh... reading further ahead now I see why. Their creators are twisted!

Anyways, I'm happy to see a story of SAGE-tan and Apple III-tan working together on the mysterious island to save the world! :D

I wonder if Apple III-tan planned the timing of that kiss on purpose... but then again, she does have impulse control issues... Is SAGE-tan really in love with Apple III-tan, or is she craving companionship really badly...

@Nejin's "Enter the Dead Hand" chapter 1

A cyberpunk OS-tan story! Awesome job with the details and the style of narration (I hope to learn how to better do this with my own written stories) and mystery for what will happen next!

I wonder what the rest of the Russian text says, I know the first one is "System Perimeter, Online."

So, General Winter's bitter coldness even strikes that far underground?

I've read ahead a little bit to the next chapter, and wow! Sad that she's been in existence for 26 years but truly alive for less than a year total! And she meets... Linux-tan?!

Bella

Quote from: "Aurora-sama"@Bella's "Thanks for the Memories, part 1-2"

Hahahahaha! It is strange that the OS-tans are artificial humans yet have certain human features... Does that mean all the OS-tan Rule 34 is canon?And SAGE had an affair before?!

Yeah! "Stupid human feelings of attraction!" Why do they exist in artificial humans-- ohhh... reading further ahead now I see why. Their creators are twisted!

Anyways, I'm happy to see a story of SAGE-tan and Apple III-tan working together on the mysterious island to save the world! :D

I wonder if Apple III-tan planned the timing of that kiss on purpose... but then again, she does have impulse control issues... Is SAGE-tan really in love with Apple III-tan, or is she craving companionship really badly...

Yeah, it's something that's sorta bothered me about OS-tans from the start to be honest. I guess a lot of people (by which I mean four or so) have wondered about OS-tans and... ehrm... their biology, so I just decided to be the first to breach the subject. xD

The only OS-tan Rule 34 I'd accept as canon are the well-known pairings (errr... like Homeo x 98-tan) or the pairings I've been TOLD have happened or are a part of an OS-tan's story (like Unix x Linux). If it hasn't been backed up by a LOT of artwork, word of god or isn't a part of a planned story, I wouldn't consider it canon.

Word of Stew holds that SAGE and FASTRAND-kun were an item. But she doesn't really remember it in her current, um, braid-addled state. And FASTRAND-kun probably isn't going to talk, either.

Yes, why OS-tans would be able to feel any human emotions much less have human biological drives is a good question.

The kiss was probably done on impulse, but I do think III-tan had feelings for SAGE for sometime before she kissed her. As for SAGE, I really can't speak for her capacity to fall in love and/or crave companionship, but I suppose it's something of a "She's okay with it, I'm okay with it, imma go for it" sort of feeling. I dunno. Maybe she loves her.

Glad you like it so far, and don't object to Apple III being dragged into a romantic story. ^///^

Aurora Borealis

You did handle adding Apple III into a romantic story very well. I never thought of her as the romantic type, but I thought if she were to ever find herself in that situation, it would be awkwaaard!

NejinOniwa

QuoteA cyberpunk OS-tan story! Awesome job with the details and the style of narration (I hope to learn how to better do this with my own written stories) and mystery for what will happen next!

I wonder what the rest of the Russian text says, I know the first one is "System Perimeter, Online."

So, General Winter's bitter coldness even strikes that far underground?

I've read ahead a little bit to the next chapter, and wow! Sad that she's been in existence for 26 years but truly alive for less than a year total! And she meets... Linux-tan?!
Thank you for that, Aurora! It's nice to see this garnering some more attention, too. -w-;

As for the Russian, the second is a status report (Initial sensor scan 68% complete, or something) and the third is, simply, Your presence is requested in the main hall.

As for general Winter...this is supposed to be late August, you know? Ain't no winter in Russia at that time o' year...kekekekekekekeke. >:3

And yes, there will be more jaw-dropping as this goes on, I know it.

Bella

I'm working on a Multics story that involves H-6180 and Emacs-kun, possibly PDP 1 and ITS, a bigass snowstorm, remembrances of long-dead ancestors and departed friends, snowshoeing, Charles River crossings on cross-country skis and wandering in general.

Actually I'm just wandering with my words...

svx

Something Srs
By svx

--------------------------

In a galaxy far, far away...

The scene:  Big Apple
The time:  3 AM

Mikoto Misaka is having a meeting with Duke Nukem.

Misaka:  We've got a problem, Duke.

Duke Nukem:  Where there's a problem, there's ME.

Misaka:  ?

Duke Nukem:  It's time to kick ass.

Misaka:  Uh, yeah...

Duke Nukem takes the opportunity to theatrically flash his gat, a modified PMM.  The man's butler uniform adds a sense of alarm to the spectacle, but Misaka is unperturbed; Misaka is always unperturbed by idiots, but the gravity of the situation isn't lost on her either.  She realizes that Duke Nukem's close-up is drawing to an abrupt conclusion, one that will likely leave the focus directed squarely at her.

Think, Biribiri, think!  Ahh, right.

Sparks.  Some sparks crackle around Misaka, and she quirks a cute sort of grin when she feels as though she's earned the crowd's focus.

The sparks quickly dissipate, the static electricity hanging in the air, giving it the scent of pineapples and raisins somehow.  But why is Duke staring at her?  Damn, she forgot her lines!  Improvision must ensue.

Misaka:  Urusai!  Duke no baaaaaka!

Duke Nukem:  What?

Misaka:  Oh, right.  Anyway, we have a lead on the rogue Tachikoma that escaped from headquarters.

Duke Nukem adjusts his neckerchief, squinting in thought as he angrily listens to Misaka.  He can be heard mumbling in the background all the while she speaks:

Duke Nukem:  It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum.  I'll tear that Tachikoma's head off and...  Nukem.  Nukem, Nukem, mumbling, Nukem, mumbling...

Misaka cheerily continues speaking over Duke Nukem's rant:

Misaka:  An SOS Brigade member, Ash, sent his Pikachu on a recon mission.  The little villain came into contact with Revy from Roanapur; yes, _that_ Revy. She was fighting the rogue Tachikoma in the bar.  Ash was able to use Pikachu as a distraction while he contacted Lagoon Company about the incident since he didn't want to get involved in the fight directly.

Duke Nukem's mumbling seems to have stopped.  He flashes his gat again as she responds to Misaka:

Duke Nukem:  What did Lagoon Company have to say about it?

Misaka:  Let's find out.

At this point, Misaka smiles cutely and produces a pokeball, one that she was hiding behind her back...

Man, I can't go on.  This writing stuff is hard.  And weird.  Everything in my head is weird.  Just pretend that I wrote a lot about a bunch of OS-tans, and that their primary objective was to make all the base belong to them while... uhh, that stuff I wrote.

Yeah...

NejinOniwa

_W_

Yes, that WAS slightly psychedelic. -w-;

svx

I humbly petition for moar.  Moar, uh... word writing...

Hey, Nej-kun?  What's, a... uh... good thing to write about?

Bella

BELLA ORDERS YOU TO READ HER NEWEST - EARLY WORK IN PROGRESS - OS-TAN WRITAGES, AND COMMENT. KTHNXBAI.

Authors notes: the first, Life Without People, centres on Multics-sama and the other MIT OS-tans during the great northeastern blizzard of 1978. Inspired by true events, when the MIT computer department had to be abandoned for like a week during the blizzard (the Multics machines stayed running the whole time sans humans).

The second, In The Land of the Giants, was an idea that hit me and I jotted down rather quickly, so please forgive any plot/logic/grammar/spelling errors. It involves Mac OSX Leopard-tan, and will try to explain the origins of her time machine, a few vignettes of her travels and the story of Snow Leopard. It *MAY* intersect with aforementioned Multics-sama story, but that's hardly a guarantee.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Krizonar

OH, STORY TIME, STORY TIME!

/makes note to research "Multics"
FOR FORTRAN!
I'll be reviewing the first story without knowing the character.

Well, you make a good introduction, and even though I don't know this character, I do feel like I'm there. It has that classic literature feel. Since it's supposedly in 1978, that's a good nail head to hit. Digging the word choices too. I also love the way the environment gets pictured in my head.

For Leopard's story, I know her quite well and may have pre-conceived notions to what she is like, so take it a little less professionally.

I am really liking her determination and her interactions with the sisters. They probably do consider her an odd one, due to the way Leopard was vastly different from the other OSX versions. Good personification! She's so curious and mischievous, just as I imagined her.
"minimalistic aluminum case", hey, that reminds me of some things!

Keep it coming :D want to read more <3

Bella

:D

For all your Multics research needs: http://www.multicians.org/general.html
And for all your Multics-sama research needs, some basic info from the Annex Thread:
QuoteMultics
     Name: Multics
     aka: "Multiplexed Information and Computing Service"
     Debut: born ~1965, debuted 1969
     Height: 176 cm
     Weight: 61 kg
     Eye Color: Blue
     Hair: Dark Purple

Quick Facts:

-Born out of the ambitious Project MAC at MIT, Multics is the adoptive child of CTSS-tan.
           -Was sickly and weak throughout much of her youth, but became better as she matured.
           -Led a fairly tragic life, filled with numerous near-death experiences, disownments and abandonment.
           -Felt her glory was stolen by her “illegitimate child” Unix.
           -Has a vastly complex personality: friends describe her as personable and warm, while enemies report her to be mercilessly calculating.
           -Had amazing magical powers and fighting skills that belied her prim, elegant appearance.
           -In her prime she wore complex, cumbersome Rococo-style gowns and jewelry, mixed in with more ancient-looking elements.
           -Has white and black splotched wings, although the left one is deformed from a break.
           -Fluent in several languages, including Latin and French.
           -Died in 2000, but has since been resurrected.
           -Currently devoid of any substantial magical powers and her former territory and possessions, but is actually happier because of it.

But yes, I do try to write so that people will be able to read the story without knowing the characters (or even being familiar with the OS-tan fandom) -- so I'm glad you were able to follow it, and that you liked the vocabulary and imagery too (two things I pay close attention to). As for the classic literature feel... I've always suspected that I picked up a bit of that from all the Victorian literature I've read, but you're the first to point it out. ^^

Interesting how knowing a character makes one look at a story a little less objectively and more personally (paying more attention to the character and their interactions as opposed to the technical aspects of things).

I'm happy Leopard-tan matched your mental image as well as her popular personification. :D I actually got the idea for the aluminum case from looking at the Time Machine logo... then again, it does describe most newer Mac hardware (and the Apple ///. Lol).

Might be a bit before I continue writing (my inspiration comes in fits, I guess), luckily there's a lot of other OS-tan lit out there to check out too. X3

Krizonar

Yay! Multics info, thank you.

I write a lot like that too. Won't write anything for weeks and then all of a sudden
/angel light from heaven
innnnnnnnspirrrrrrationnnnnnnnn

Bella

Not a problem, I love spreading the word about Multics (it's only the father of all modern operating systems and stuff). ^^

Inspiration is a funny thing, useful but very temperamental.