SCRAP PAPER.

Started by NejinOniwa, February 26, 2009, 08:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

FINALLY GOT AROUND TO IT FOLKS.

Alternate chapter to the latest arc's third part.

WARNING: This is in the same style as a regular SAGE entry; expect the accompanying terrible format, poor syntax, spelling errors, what have you.  Also, yuri.  Don't continue if you're not down with that.

As I was contemplating standing up, Minerva interrupted the welcome tranquility and any move I was about to make to rejoin Jeanie.  'I've been waiting a long time too SAGE...'  I didn't understand what she meant but I could tell she was coming closer to me.  As I was about to vocalize my confusion she pushed me hard against the cold glass of a window 'Is your mind really that far gone?  A pity.  I shall have to try and improve your recall, dear SAGE'  Minerva had me thoroughly trapped, the pricks of frigid air seeping around the old wooden frame stole in through my dress' material along with the fear.  I was stunned, confused, what in the hell was she talking about? 'Speechless.  Good.  That much hasn't changed.' Minerva was close enough for me to make out her face in detail, much to the detriment of my composure.  I think I once saw an owl eye a mouse like that.  By the time she loosened her grip there was nothing I could do, anyways she had it wrapped around my neck quick enough.  Curse her long arms, able to dangle like that.  When her mouth actually connected with mine, my god I thought she was trying to gnaw my lips off!  Certainly did effectively dispel any fear I'd had remaining.  Sorta.  Now I was just confused and worried I was about to suffocate under an agent of the great enemy.  Finally Minerva let up, smirking in that damned way of hers 'I trust you remember now SAGE?'  Embarrassment was beginning to subsume all other emotions; I simply let my head droop almost to her shoulder 'I heve no idear whaht the, uh, fuck just hahppened.'  For the first time she seemed genuinely surprised, for a moment, before recovering her poise.  Using that blasted dangling arm to great effect she clicked her tongue 'We'll just have to try harder then.  I hate to take you away from GENIAC-chan, but you can surely spare me an hour or two after she's gone to bed.... say, ten o'clock at my room?'  What other option did I have, in my position? 'Y-yes, of c-cawse!'  'Good.  I'll help you to dinner, we couldn't have you wandering about now could we SAGE-chan?' Minerva took me by the arm, letting me free from the glass entirely as she guided me gently towards the door.  I'd lost my glasses!

Consider it a lead in to this wonderful picture by Bells.  If you've this far, no worries for NSFW content.

NejinOniwa

QuoteI'd lost my glasses!
WELL I CERTAINLY WOULD TAKE THIS HOME FOR DINNER >:3

Also, you are now officially obliged to write the continuation. _W_

On my end, work on SPONTANEOUS ENTER MERTVAYA-TAN is in progress.

NejinOniwa

Bella

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
QuoteI'd lost my glasses!
WELL I CERTAINLY WOULD TAKE THIS HOME FOR DINNER >:3

Also, you are now officially obliged to write the continuation. _W_

I SECOND THIS NOTION~! >:3

But, yes. I squee'd when I read What's For Dinner. I nosebleed'ed when I read the alt-universe part where Multics jumped SAGE. And then I squee'd again when I read the Mertvaya-tan fanfic. Well, metaphorically speaking, I can't squee in my condition since I've kinda lost my voice (DAMN YOU TO HELL FFFFF'ING COLD).

So, I worked up the guts to post some of my writings at dA. This means they're officially finished....ish.

Far From Home parts 2 and 3:
http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30nfqf
http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30ngam

Thanks for the Memories, parts 1 and 2:
http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30nhfz
(Still horribly nervous about posting parts 3 and 4, since it gets a bit weird... and out-of-characterish... from there on out.) ._____.

Amnesiac part 1:
http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d30nido
A bit of background as a setup for one of Isra's amazing parallel universe adventures. Yes, I've gone off on another track again.

COMMENT PPLZ, C-O-M-M-E-N-T! (Granted, I still have to comment on Nej's stuff, and Stew's latest SAGE stories...) D:

NejinOniwa

Oh I'mma swallow this whole, lady. _W_

Aurora Borealis

I have so much catching up to do! x__x

@Bella's Mark I-tan story, part 1: Amazing! Offers a lot of insight about the earliest OS-tans' origins! So they are artificial humans who grew up in isolation from others! Sad for her that she's so powerful, but is subordinate to the humans that created her, who even question her humanity, despite treating her like royalty.

Awww... So ENIAC had already suffered severe memory loss at such an early age. What was her fate?

I'm not sure who that is with the accent who helped Mark I-tan, sorry I forgot! ^^;

NejinOniwa

I didn't realize Memories IV was in there...AND HERE I THOUGHT THERE WAS NO MORE DELICIOUS YURI TO BE FOUND.
Quote from: "Apple ///'s Awesome One-liners"Jeez, no wonder they canned you, SAGE. Your job was to intercept enemy bombers? You can't even intercept a mango!
-
We've already let the cat out of the bag...she'll be upset if we don't let her have her fun now.
-
Both...but only one was too quick.
I daresay Apple ///-tan is the savviest creature of her species...in various ways. _W_

And speaking of Mark I, I've done some plotmapping of the Mertvaya-tan story...I will absolutely not spill any beans, but among others, another certain Mark is involved, among other familiar - and brand-new - faces.
There will be flying.
There will be science.
There will be sorcery.
There will be malice, and there will be deceit.
There will be delicious plot-hatching and gung-ho action, but most important of all...
You will never, ever, see it coming.[/b][/size]

Mertvaya Ruka. Serialization in Scrap Papers and dA, starting Monday.

This advertisement was brought to you by the HNCO-NeoN Corporation.

Bella

@Aurora: yes, you do. :V

Glad you like Mark I-tan's story (so far), it started as a random stream of thought that just sort of occurred to me. Glad it was able to answer some questions though.

I always imagined that computer-tans would be simultaneously revered and looked down upon by humans, at least for the most part; especially in the beginning, when there was more suspicion toward their kind.

ENIAC-tan was born with a poor memory, I'm not sure what became of her to be honest. The existence on an ENIAC simulator doesn't help my decision, either. :\

@Nej: Glad you found parts III and IV and that the out-of-characterness didn't leave any lasting damage. :<

Lol, I really liked the first One Liner on that list. The second was added... for the lulz, and the last seemed like the best (verbal) resolution of that situation. <<

Yay, Mark-sama's gonna show up in the Mertvaya-tan story!\

Now it's time to play...

WHAT CHARACTERS ARE GOING TO SHOW UP IN MERTVAYA'S STORY!

Quote from: "Nej"There will be flying.

...Dragonfly BSD-tan!

QuoteThere will be science.

...MTS-tan!

QuoteThere will be sorcery.

...Linux-tan!

QuoteThere will be malice, and there will be deceit.

...SPIES?!

QuoteThere will be delicious plot-hatching and gung-ho action

SAGE and Wimex and Mertvaya-tan in a catfight?

Hooray for serialization!

Aurora Borealis

@Far From Home Part 2+3: VMS's nostalgia for board games shows a softer side to her personality all these years! Poor XP, losing out (and losing the fun) to her younger sisters, showing that the Windows Family still had its share of sibling rivalries.

A flashback to VMS's childhood! I like the idea of OS-tans having fancy debut parties, and the DEC-tans were surprisingly informal... so much that they don't even mind a few leaks in their building here and there! XD

She was very different back then (before she went crazy and what not!), but I still recognize her fondness for practicality above all else.

Oddly, Tenex was supportive of VMS back then? Well, she was nice to everybody, and this must have been before VMS eventually upstaging her.

BWAHAHAHAHA! VMS pwned her opponent in her first Scrabble match, first turn! Awesome! :D

NejinOniwa

The amount of research shoved into this work amounts to a slight bloody mountain. Really. But anyway, here we go, I suppose.

http://nejinoniwa.deviantart.com/art/Hands-on-Approach-183069171

All-nighters, banzai.

Bella

AND IT SHOWS! Absolutely amazing, Nej, that's the best review I can give now 'cause I'm otherwise speechless.

Bella

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"@Far From Home Part 2+3: VMS's nostalgia for board games shows a softer side to her personality all these years! Poor XP, losing out (and losing the fun) to her younger sisters, showing that the Windows Family still had its share of sibling rivalries.

A flashback to VMS's childhood! I like the idea of OS-tans having fancy debut parties, and the DEC-tans were surprisingly informal... so much that they don't even mind a few leaks in their building here and there! XD

She was very different back then (before she went crazy and what not!), but I still recognize her fondness for practicality above all else.

Oddly, Tenex was supportive of VMS back then? Well, she was nice to everybody, and this must have been before VMS eventually upstaging her.

BWAHAHAHAHA! VMS pwned her opponent in her first Scrabble match, first turn! Awesome! :D

Yes, VMS comes off as a pretty rough person but she has a nice side... even toward security-challenged OS-tans. Oh yes, I imagine XP-tan would harbour quite a rivalry with Vista-tan; after all, many XP users objected to their favourite OS being replaced by a "lesser" one.

Well, OSes and computers typically get debut events, so OS-tans should get the same. The DECs were a fairly lax bunch, especially for a military/militia; the leaks thing is 100% true, the old mill building DEC was HQ'd in leaked like a sieve according to historical accounts. (They eventually had the roof fixed, but not before a lot of computers got dripped on.)

VMS never went crazy; she might come off as a bit psycho-or-sociopathic to a casual observer, what with her lack of conscience for killing (well, killing virii and crackers), fondness for swords and knives (and sharks for that matter) and general lone-wolfishness, but she's completely sound of mind and wouldn't hurt anyone that didn't deserve it. >>

Tenex was probably being passive aggressive; she's not quite the type to openly confront another (far too polite, y'see), so her treatment of VMS would have been unnervingly courteous (at least until their conflict came to a head in the late 80s). In the dA version I clarified this point.

NejinOniwa

Crazy VMS would be slightly too dangerous for the world to harbor, as well...

â—"ヮâ—"

NejinOniwa