!! Important !! Looking for someone to update Gallery

Started by Fedora-Tan, February 14, 2009, 08:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mario

;020 Wish I could be of use. V-V
The problem is, I don't have time nor a server.
^_^; I have it at home but not here...

Also I knew AnimeTheme's idea isn't good beforehanded - I don't like to insult anybody, anyways. It's like taking a shotgun to the gallery's usefulness. So disabling uploader's out, normally. -_-;

You say Coppermine's script eating the file?! That's bad enough.

BTW, Fedora-sama - did you make a back-up regularly? (If so, it could be good.) - just asking...
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

Red-Machine

I'll help with some stuff if I can, but this sort of thing is kinda outta my league right now.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Fedora-Tan

Quote from: "Dr. Mario"
BTW, Fedora-sama - did you make a back-up regularly? (If so, it could be good.) - just asking...

Of course. But restoring backups is not a solution.

About the server, i would insist that tests should be realized on this server since it's quite pointless to try making the same environment - it will never be the same and just cause troubles when trying to make it work on the real server after...

Tsubashi

Oh, that is, of course the best course of action; though I must say it is a tad unexpected. I would have offered my servers if needs be, but it looks like that will not be necessary ^.^
-Tsu

Smokey

Yeah, what are the connection requiements to host this site anyway?
20/20MBit up/down SDSL?
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Dr. Mario

Thank, Fedora-sama, for pointing that out.
And I guess my server won't be necessary... (due to different internal hardwares than yours) And I can agree with you on the environment part - it can never be the same no matter what.

Smokey, about Internet link speed - that depends on demands and how many people are coming around and type of files used, 5Mb/s being the minimum.

Smokey

that i know... i was just wandering how the usage was on this forum...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

Okay. Just for the information (we're not the only ones on this forum... ^-^; )

Fedora-Tan

This server is currently a dedicated (as in "i'm the only physical person handling it", not as "it's the only site on it") with 100Mb/s directly connected to the network (it's in a datacenter). It's not ADSL / SDSL / XDSL.

I am not limited by bandwitdh on this server. (for real, not like crap cheap offers you can find form here to there).

Smokey

Ah, getting such bandwidth as a private person is a bit expensive here... ^_^ (there goes my webhosting plans... :D)
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

Oh, I see. It's possible for me to grab 100Mb/s to a gigabit/s. The only problem, right now, my Japanese bank account's out of reach for now - it's pricey for to grab the uninterruptable host (server) link at this speed. 0-0; A few hundred buck a months... <shivering>

(The reason my account's untouched, is because my old bank [in Tokyo] ripped me off so my wife had to move it to new bank. It suck. T~T Oh well, I will live to see another day.)

Smokey

Well, the Dutch providers don't even dare to put the prices of Corporate Internet on their sites... But there is one here that has Gb internet service... ^_^
But it'll probably be â,¬500+
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

Exactly. And getting a linecard (sometimes required) is another story. It's f***ing expensive!? Hardly a product for typical home user. Sure, there are some server motherboard with built-in PCI-express linecard, but still expensive. Some IP would perfer to use optical Ethernet, it's easier to deal with, regarding the distance between your server and datacenter.

(Sorry about the F-bomb, I had to censor it. -_-; )

Smokey

Well here you get an optical connection to your (i guess) modem and from there you can hook up anything you like...
But it could als be that yoou indeed need a server for the incoming connection...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

It doesn't matter if you use a linecard on a regular motherboard's PCI-express 1x port - it will work still.