favorite games

Started by Chocofreak13, February 14, 2009, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Quoteyou have access to helis as soon as you make the second island. just gotta steal them from the heli tours :P

I've done that, but I'm talking about the first island.  Of course, I don't think there's access to sniper rifles on the first island either, so I'm kind of shooting myself in the foot.

QuoteAs for the driving drunk.. i normaly took the helis for dates/hang outs, and you fly alot better then you drive, and the cops dont really chase you

Hmmm, that never occurred to me.  Of course, I didn't hang with Brucie that much either :P.

Quote"THAT HOW WE ROLL! CUS WE ARE f***ing ALPHA!"

LULZ, you just had to reference Brucie, huh?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Do need to buy a 360...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

Heh, I have to say, I love brucie, he is fun for an idiot :P  Its your cousin I hate.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, Roman can be a bit of a bitch at times, but I would say that's how a typical person would act/react in the situations he and Niko find themselves in.  Despite the depth Niko has, he seems superhuman next to a guy like Roman and Roman seems somehow more "authentic" as a result.  He's also a good foil for people who would otherwise make, let's say "bad" decisions - kind of like a second conscience.  I should also mention that his dealings with Niko remind me of how a real (albeit very dysfunctional) family functions, there's a lot going on there.  Sure Brucie's funny, but he's also incredibly annoying, he's mostly just good fodder for some of Niko's funnier lines in the game.

CaptBrenden

"do i look like Ive got funny balls to you?"

XD

yeah he is the whiny cousin im glad I never had ;p but from a war vets perspective, i think Niko is pretty belivable too, well minus the game rules ability to survive gunfire and carcrashes and and such, but personality wise, i think he is a real human character.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I couldn't say I didn't find a good deal with which to identify with Niko, so we can pretty much agree on the fact that Niko is awesome.  My favorite among Niko's friends is either Packie or Little Jacob, though.  Packie because he's funny as hell and Irish American (like yours truly :P), and Little Jacob, well for many reasons, greatest among them probably being how he's always got Niko's back.

EDIT: Removed spoilerific details...

Niko Bellic: "Packie, my man. How are you and Gracie getting on?"
Patrick "Packie" McReary: " Like a house on fire, ain't that right gracie?"
Gracie Ancellotti: *through gag* "You fucking bastards."
Packie: "See, she was just telling me how much she loved me. What do ya think of Niko, Gracie?"
Gracie: *gagged* "I fuckin' hate the both of you!"
Packie: "Gracie, watch your mouth. Niko is a good friend of mine. Don't say that about him"
Gracie: *gagged* "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you!"
Packie: "Gracie, you're sweet. I know I'm too good for him, but sometimes a guy has got to hang out with lowlifes like Niko here. He's got his uses"
Gracie: *gagged* "I'll give you some fucking uses!"
Packie: "That's right, he is definitely a bad influence on me."
Gracie: *gagged* "Motherfucker!"

The "fun in the showers" discussion was pretty damn hilarious too, but that one above made me spew horchata outta my nose.

CaptBrenden

heh, I was sold on packie the first time I crossed the street from his house and got hit by a cab, and he pulled out an AK and blasted the cab driver. now thats friendship.

anyhow, trying to steer this away from GTA4 discussion, one of my favorite games sequal is finaly out!  FEAR 2 Project origin GET

IanDanKilmaster

Meh, I'm kinda burned out on FPS games, but SFIV was released yesterday!  Too bad it'll probably be awhile before I get a chance to play it -__-.

EDIT: One last thing about GTA IV, Iggy Pop hosting classic rock station = WIN!

Smokey

Oh, Yeah... F.E.A.R. r00lz, the whole series does... and i'm glad P/O is released for PC aswell, gotta get that one someday... (beter demo it first to see if i need a new videocad... ^_^)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

RandiNinja

Only a serious game you guys mentioned above...... need a really powerfull graphic card, especially GTA IV!

Have you played the strange ones....^.^

How about Schoolmate? AG3? or Hako -box-?

This sure is a unique games......^.^

kaineru

Summon Night, Super Robo Taisen, Disgaea, Vagrant Story..... Chrono Cross.... What the Heck is SE doing? Why is THERE A CHRONO TRIGGER DS AND THERE'S NOTHING ABOUT CC? ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!

CaptBrenden

chrono trigger was way better then chrono cross anyways :p

kaineru

CaptBrenden

Loved the intro to that game tho, Times Scar goes pretty high on my videogame music list for awesome songs

kaineru

I have that....

I played both games but since I have played a lot of interesting games Chrono Trigger became same old same old for me, while Chrono Cross gave me a lot things to do... Same with Vagrant Story... the fact that we have no idea where Ashley Riot went makes me wonder.....