favorite games

Started by Chocofreak13, February 14, 2009, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

listening to the opeining theme from Thousand Arms (ps1) right now.
and was playing FF7 (greatest game evur) last night.

any games you're particularly hyped up about?

.hack quartet......my precious......
and of course, the crown jewel, ff7.
and thousand arms,
and maybe disgaea? (the first, not the 2nd)

and i can't neglect my n64........mario party 3. ftw. and paper boy, and yoshi's story.
click to make it bigger

Cockleshell

Air Rivals, lol. People keep KSing my Ellos and Naros...
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

CaptBrenden

It really depends on what i feel like playing really.. but some games are far higher on my list then others, like FEAR (super phycked for up coming Project Origin) GRAW 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion,  R6 Vegas 2, the entire HL series, Dawn Of War,  humm ill have to think more
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

VonDaab

In before people arguin about game X is better than game Y.

IanDanKilmaster

My favorite video games are usually fighting games (although I'm not that good at them) out of the ones I've played my favorite is probably either Street Fighter II or Super Street Fighter II.  After playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, I'm super-psyched for Street Fighter IV.

My favorite adventure game is probably Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2.  The LoK games have what is quite possibly the most compelling story I've encountered in a video game.

Honorable mentions:  Galaga, Shining Force, WWF No Mercy, Elder Scrolls (series), Metal Gear Solid (series), Tekken 3, and Ratchet & Clank (series).

The Choice of a New Generation.

CaptBrenden

yeah soul reaver did have a very compelling story, tho I never got to the third one tho

Played the Indigo Prophecy recently.. that was quite the interesting game, more like watcching a movie, but it was pretty intense none the less

oh and Left 4 Dead is currently pretty high on my list, but I love zombies.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

Well LoK:Defiance is interesting because if you haven't tried the Blood Omen games it'll be your first chance to try playing as Kain.  You get to play as Raziel as well, but it's one of those games where you only play certain parts with a particular character.  I won't spoil the story for you, but it's definitely worth playing through when you get the chance.  A lot of loose ends are nicely tied in the story of Defiance.

I've heard about Indigo Prophecy, but it's one those games I'm a little iffy about.

Gyah, I can't wait to try Left 4 Dead.  Stubbs The Zombie is the only other game to fulfill my fantasy of leading a zombie horde, and I really need a fix for that urge >__<.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one of my all-time faves, Deception III: Dark Delusion.  It was the first M-rated game I ever owned, which may not seem like that big a deal (I had played other M games before like Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil), but the story for the game was very morbid and left quite an impression on me.  Sadly some bastard must've ganked it because I no longer have it -__-.  However I do have TЯAPT on the PS2, which I find is not nearly as fun or as immersive as DIII, but it works as a good substitute (you can even get an alternate outfit that resembles the one worn in DIII).

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

After some research on recent and up-and-coming strategy games, I'm waiting for Dawn of War II.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Okay...
F.E.A.R. games, Warzone 2100, Zelda ALTTP, and eeehm....C&C TibSun...oh yes, Diablo II...

Ooh! Ooh! SimCity 4!!! that one too!!!! ^_^ [/unswayable opinion]
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Aurora Borealis

My favorites games are:

Missile Command and its variants: It's a simple but addictive game- SHOOT THE MISSLES THAT ARE OUT TO NUKE YOUR CITIES!! I am currently addicted to these games.

The Sims: I used to be addicted to this as well. There's just something about the Sims and its spinoffs that I really like.

Snood: I used to be addicted to this too! A clone of the game "Bust A Move", I like this game because of its simple but addictive gameplay and for the unique-looking characters.

Spectre: I remember this game from my childhood and I am so happy to be able to play it again! This game is a first-person shooter, the player drives in some sort of a tank to collect flags and shoot at the enemy tanks.

Sim City 2000: I haven't played it in a long time but I still remember this game from my childhood and still remains as one of my favorites though I never was good at it!

Sim Tower: I also haven't played this game in a long time but it's a Sim game where you manage a hotel. I'm not too shabby at this game. It's still one of my favorites.

Mario Kart: A racing game series I can actually like! This may sound crazy but Rainbow Road is my favorite level in each of the games! (well... except for in Mario Kart Super Circuit :-/ )

Pole Position: The other racing game I like!

Number Munchers: Okay so I haven't played it since grade school but it is such a fun game!

Dance Dance Revolution: I like the music and that I am able to dance without making a complete *** out of myself! :D

Smokey

@aurora...:
SimCity 2000 is good, but you should then really try SimCity 4 + Rush Hour... Awesome and serene...
SimTower... Cool, but not as cool as SimCity...
The Sims.... Awesome, because i like interior decorating and architecture...

So: + respect points... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

robhol

GTA:SA = win. It also has a couple of multiplayer mods, = more win.

Smokey

Yeah, but GTA SA is now only fun for cruisin' around and shootin' some pool...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

GTA 3 and vice city

sim city (the first one)

the original sims to a point, my sis always hogged it and as a result now has every expansion pack for the sims 2 and is pretty addicted. i like building buildings in the sims, the people are ok. (you should see this thing i made, i literally made an old-world castle!! xD so epic.)

for older games, galaga, dig dug, pac man, DK

n64: mario party 2&3, mariokart (inspired me to write my first poem! xD ), yoshi's story, paper mario, paperboy (ahhhhh......nothing like a good THWACK to that annoying neighbor kid to take the edge off...), Donkey Kong 64 (<333), bust-a-move 99', i'm sure there's more but my brain be DURRRR....

ps2: .hack quartet (infection, mutation, outbreak, and quarantine), disgaea: hour of darkness, we♥katamari, harvest moon, stretch panic, anything one piece (would say naruto too but can't afford them ;_; ) gta 3 and vice city, KH1 (never played 2), i'm sure i'm forgetting some...>_<

ps1: ff7, chrono trigger, thousand arms, frogger, uhm can't remember any more ^^;

game boy: basically any pokemon game, (much love to the originals! WHOO! ) ppg games, there was this game my old friend had called laura.....it was like a megablox game or something.

sorry for such long post!! >_<;
click to make it bigger

Smokey

PSx: Metal Gear Solid!!!
Thanks Fedora-sama