favorite games

Started by Chocofreak13, February 14, 2009, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegapunk

hm... Well I'd have to say my favorite game of all time is Brave Fencer Musashi(the original) following close behind is Wild Arms, Makai kingdom and Rouge Galaxy

Chocofreak13

i've heard of wild arms, any good?

idk how to play poker. :[
click to make it bigger

Smokey

well, if you try various poker games on your PC, you can learn how to (without losing the money) with the often supplied tutorials and help files... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Video Poker is the same as 5-Card Draw, which is simple really.  The game I play is "Jacks or Better", see, it's pretty simple - and addictive.

Explanation of terms:
Jacks or Better - any pair of face cards
Two Pair - self-explanatory
Three of a Kind - self-explanatory
Straight - any set of cards in a series (e.g. Ace,2,3,4,5 or 10,Jack,Queen,King,Ace)
Flush - all cards of the same suit (Diamonds, Spades, etc.)
Full House - a pair and three of a kind
Four of a Kind - self-explanatory
Straight Flush - a series of cards with the same suit
Royal Flush - a 10,Jack,Queen,King,Ace series with the same suit

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

thanks for clearing that up, never did new what order it was supposed to be in ^_^

Same goes for all sorts of poker, right? (cuz i discovered a nice hold-em game in my Vista updates...)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Basically, but it's a little more complicated.  You see, since you'll be playing against others now, they'll be counting exactly what it is you have.  You won't just have a straight, it'll be either high or low.  Face cards are even more important because they now carry an inherent value (that is, if you have a shitty hand, just having an "Ace in the hole" can help greatly (well, only if the other players also have equally shitty hands).  Still, the basic hierarchy is the same, it's basically based on the rarity of the hands.  The less likely a hand is to get, the higher value it carries.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Yeah, i know, i saw the A.I. bet high on just a facecard they had, while i was milking them with a flush, or straight, or Ace two pair...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Skiing weeks are CARDGAMES HELL for my family...I've been playing so much Chicago I can't count to New York anymore >_>
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

silly nejin, trix are for kids! =D

eh, idk if i could remember all that. maybe, but nawt rite nao cuz im sick. :[
i remember the first time i played kings in the corner i won the first round. ^__^
click to make it bigger

Seamore

Eh, we all do have a kid soul in heart. If not, why else we still playing game even now ;010
--- When it\'s worth doing, it\'s worth overdoing it ---

Chocofreak13

cause we win monehs? o____o
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Boredom & laziness.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Nwah, we just pay monehs fo' eet.

(or at least, YOU do _W_)