OS-Tan Epoch discrepancy

Started by NejinOniwa, May 07, 2010, 09:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

During a less-important Wikiwalk, I found this article.

I'm thinking, the differences between various systems can very well be used as plot fuel for, well, whatever one could wish. It is a slightly obscure idea, but since it may well reference the Y2K (and subsequently, Y2K38) problem, it might actually work.

Thoughts?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

What do you mean, different epochs starting with different systems? Or epochs based on important dates in computer history-- like you noted, Y2K or Y2K38?

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Bella

Psst, Choco-san.... this whole site is WEIRDDDDDDDDD~! xD

That's why we're here. :3

Chocofreak13

no, i mean time paradox weird. January 0, 1900.....
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

As in different systems use different epochs for defining time, and thus they have different ideas of how to measure things, perhaps. It can also be a bit defining on mindsets.

Bella

Oh, oh, I think I see what you're saying-- like different calenders for different OS-tan groups?

NejinOniwa

Sort of. Well, you can see the differences on the table there. It DOES provide an interesting sort of mixups. -w-

Chocofreak13

it's still some confuzin shiz :[
click to make it bigger

lehua011

well, whatever one could wish. It is a slightly obscure idea, but since it may well reference the Y2K (and subsequently, Y2K38) problem, it might actually work.

I think I see what you're saying-- like different calenders for different OS-tan groups?

Chocofreak13

now i get it.....and that's interesting. however it would bring some odd overlap to the os-world.....
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

A good writer never fears to use a plot element just because it's "odd". -w-

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger