HELP HELP ME i am new Animatet Desktop

Started by Leo40k, April 21, 2009, 07:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo40k

who i can make this Self  i need this animatet desktop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKzbNGfjkI

i love it

----
Kann mir einer helfen ich muss das haben das ist so geil will auch ein bewegendes Anime Girl Desktop
und beim Start mit mir spricht

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKzbNGfjkI

Zilka

Leo40k

why i can not have this programm -.- ?

googel can not help me i  can not find download links

NejinOniwa

DU KANNST NICHT

(i think I got that right)

That's because there is no such program. That's a flash video, and the greatest troll in the OS-Tan history.

Added after 31 seconds:

Or to put it straight, it's a fake.

Added after 2 minutes:

however, if you can be satisfied with other kinds of Desktop Mate-programs, there are some in this thread:
http://ostan-collections.net/topic-223.html
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Leo40k

holy shit this looks so real

hen someone should be a program to produce, in japan there is certainly something

Chocofreak13

that's the miracle of good animation. sadly, some programmers are lazy, and haven't made one this big yet.

if you want one, i reccomend apricot, there are links elsewhere on the site. no -tans, but all the mascots are cyoot and talk to you.....though only in japanese. they also give you links to different things (however the links do not work, if you want to visit said site you must go there yourself.

i like them, though nejin finds them annoying. it's a matter of opinion.
i had a good experience w/ them, though i reccomend a good processor speed (my computer is very slow ^^; it's on it's way out, sadly ;__; )

go on and give those a try. :]
esheep is cute too, and he runs around on top of your windows! <D
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Eh, I wouldn't blame it on lazy programmers.  I mean, we're not talking some normal desktop buddy.  From what I remember, the video shows an XP-tan interacting in the background (as in the wallpaper), right?  Not only would such a program take up an assload of RAM, but chances are it would be kind of tough to actually get something that complex to work as a wallpaper.

I should probably also mention that such "mate" programs get a bad rep because it wasn't that long ago that similar programs were known to harbor malware (are you old enough to remember Bonzi Buddy, or those ecchi Desktop Mates programs?).

All things considered, what would a programmer have to gain from creating such things?  Even if they made it as freeware or open-source free, there's still the question of who are they making it for (since there's a great deal of skeptics thanks to malware vectors).

The Choice of a New Generation.

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "IanDanKilmaster"Eh, I wouldn't blame it on lazy programmers.  I mean, we're not talking some normal desktop buddy.  From what I remember, the video shows an XP-tan interacting in the background (as in the wallpaper), right?  Not only would such a program take up an assload of RAM, but chances are it would be kind of tough to actually get something that complex to work as a wallpaper.

Assuming that it is actually a Flash animation, it would be pretty easy to run it directly on the desktop as a wallpaper (Active Desktop... which is no longer supported in Vista and onwards though), though running a Flash animation of such a big size would definitely require a hella lot of RAM and CPU power.

I am quite curious to know if the source materials of this animation are still available somewhere on the Internet though... LOL
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

IanDanKilmaster

Yeah, most people who asked about this in the beginning thought of it as an animation (non-interactive) that was used as a wallpaper.  I could definitely see the possibility of getting a flash to run as a wallpaper, but you're right it would definitely be a nightmare RAM-wise.

Chocofreak13

definite "pimp-my-computer" situation there....
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

While this is a bit OT, I found a type of program you might be interested in.

In particular, you may want to check out MaCoPiX - it's in Japanese, but eh.

Chocofreak13

if we're going off into desktop mascots, doesn't this belong in computer forum?
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I was going to say that earlier, but got sidetracked by the discussion.  Indeed, I move that we move this thread... although I'm pretty sure we should just stick a fork in this one, since the OP was "resolved".

EDIT: DAAAAAYYYYUM, that was fast, Aurora!

Chocofreak13

ik rite? i got into this forum and was like, "hay wait, why's that here?"

but yeah, i agree. topic is done. motion to close?
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I second that motion and with the powers of the moderator bestowed on me, I shall close this thread!